Robert Woods

No....it really isnt.....Hogan ROUTINELY ran short of that marker

Love to see Hogan do that on a 4 and 7 this year against us. Hogan across the middle for 6.5 yards. Bills ball and they run out the clock to win in Buffalo and win both games against the Pats for the first time in like 20 years.

• Replies 570
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This. I think this can easily happen. I mean each of those three players only needs to average 18.33 rec., 206 yds, 1 td for the year. Seems likely that can happen.

They only need 2 of them (since they're replacing 2 guys) getting 27.5 rec, 334 yds, and 1.5 td for the year. Seems doable.

I'm hoping to see Lewis emerge a bit this training camp.

I am too, although reports that he's having trouble catching the ball are, well, troubling.

I'm hoping to see Lewis emerge a bit this training camp.

Or alot ! Me too.

seems like i read some one liner somewhere more recently , he still struggles tracking the ball or something like that.

:lol: Or you could look back at 14 when he was healthy. There was a dramatic difference.

Yeah can't wait for that return to dramatically better production..........he averaged an ANEMIC 10.8 yards per catch in 2014. :lol:

He actually did more with his limited opportunities LAST year.

Tyrod is a deep ball thrower and obviously Watkins is great at making plays downfield but Hogan was also a much more dangerous vertical option.........Woods turns into an aspirin downfield.......the further away he gets the smaller target he becomes......especially because he just doesn't have pure vertical speed so he isn't really taking anybody to the house on 9's and posts.

His game is noodling around 10-15 yards from the LOS but unfortunately he hasn't shown much YAC ability in his career. Hence the nickname "skates". But it's a walk year so this should be the best he has to offer.

Yeah can't wait for that return to dramatically better production..........he averaged an ANEMIC 10.8 yards per catch in 2014. :lol:

He actually did more with his limited opportunities LAST year.

Tyrod is a deep ball thrower and obviously Watkins is great at making plays downfield but Hogan was also a much more dangerous vertical option.........Woods turns into an aspirin downfield.......the further away he gets the smaller target he becomes......especially because he just doesn't have pure vertical speed so he isn't really taking anybody to the house on 9's and posts.

His game is noodling around 10-15 yards from the LOS but unfortunately he hasn't shown much YAC ability in his career. Hence the nickname "skates". But it's a walk year so this should be the best he has to offer.

:lol: No, Hogan was not a much more dangerous vertical option... at least not when Woods wasn't playing with tears in his groin.

:lol: No, Hogan was not a much more dangerous vertical option... at least not when Woods wasn't playing with tears in his groin.

it really is amazing how the history becomes revised doesnt it?

But....as you can see....the savvy posters are already biulding in their escape clause. If Woods has a good season it will be "because he is in a contract year:

It wont be because he was playing hurt last year and is now healthy

it really is amazing how the history becomes revised doesnt it?

But....as you can see....the savvy posters are already biulding in their escape clause. If Woods has a good season it will be "because he is in a contract year:

It wont be because he was playing hurt last year and is now healthy

Agreed. The legend of Chris Hogan grows by the day.

Love to see Hogan do that on a 4 and 7 this year against us. Hogan across the middle for 6.5 yards. Bills ball and they run out the clock to win in Buffalo and win both games against the Pats for the first time in like 20 years.

Pats 4th and 7 and a completed pass for 6.5 yards is a first down.

I like and support Robert Woods as our #2.

But I also wouldn't be opposed to an even better #2.

Woods is a fantastic WR to have on a team, solid route runner, strong hands, hell of a blocker and competitor. He's not a highlight guy, but he is a productive guy, and every team needs a few of those to round out an offense.

He'll be missed when he takes a larger contract elsewhere.