Robert Woods

Why? It wasnt easy to defend last year?

Once Harvin was gone teams with good defenses seemed to do quite well against the Bills offense. The Bills beat Houston and the Jets - and we can thank the inept offenses (QBs) on those teams for those wins. What other team with a good defense did the Bills beat?

• Replies 570
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's an offense that's easy to defend unless there is both a threat at RB and at least two deep threats on the field. Right now the Bills have one of each. That's best case if both are healthy and neither is being rested. A running threat at QB certainly helps, but it isn't nearly enough if the other pieces are not on the field. Right now at their best they don't even have the pieces to run Roman's base offense effectively, much less expand it beyond that concept.

It wasn't so easy to defend in SF. Woods ran faster at the combine than either anquan boldin or Michael crabtree. They are possession receivers both and we're already far ahead of the game with a unique talent like Watkins. The real difference is they had the best o line in football.

It could help a little if we had someone a bit taller or a bit faster but the difference is being conflated. We actively work to pass the ball as little as possible and when we do it's often play action. Rex and Roman are going to live and die by the running game.

Once Harvin was gone teams with good defenses seemed to do quite well against the Bills offense. The Bills beat Houston and the Jets - and we can thank the inept offenses (QBs) on those teams for those wins. What other team with a good defense did the Bills beat?

Oh so it is INEPT QBs as to why the bills beat up on the jets in that last game

Got it....:P

Woods has been too inconsistent so far and I don't feel he's the right guy to be the #2 WR. He's a great blocking WR, but he's inconsistent with his catching, his route running as he is diving back for the ball, tripping over his feet, etc... IMO, he's been a #3 WR at best so far.

Woods has been too inconsistent so far and I don't feel he's the right guy to be the #2 WR. He's a great blocking WR, but he's inconsistent with his catching, his route running as he is diving back for the ball, tripping over his feet, etc... IMO, he's been a #3 WR at best so far.

Woods runs routes VERY well and has great hands.

If you say so Mrs. Woods.

I don't say so, the tape and reality do. Woods was the most polished route runner coming out of college in his draft class, something he's demonstrated consistantly while playing for buffalo. Commenting that a wr "doesn't run good routes" is easy to say, and is said too often, by people who don't know how to evaluate route running to begin with.

There are plenty of reasons you can get on Woods. Routes and hands aren't one of them.

Edited by Deranged Rhino

I don't say so, the tape and reality do. Woods was the most polished route runner coming out of college in his draft class, something he's demonstrated consistantly while playing for buffalo. Commenting that a wr "doesn't run good routes" is easy to say, and is said too often, by people who don't know how to evaluate route running to begin with.

There are plenty of reasons you can get on Woods. Routes and hands aren't one of them.

I don't know how many times I've seen Woods run the wrong routes and have to dive backwards only to miss the ball last season along with tripping over his own feet. Woods also has not been reliable in pass catching as well as he's dropped a good share of passes as well. In case you forgot or weren't paying attention during training camp in 2014, Doug Marrone had Hogan ahead of Woods because of those reasons as well as Woods not being consistent enough.

I don't know how many times I've seen Woods run the wrong routes and have to dive backwards only to miss the ball last season along with tripping over his own feet. Woods also has not been reliable in pass catching as well as he's dropped a good share of passes as well. In case you forgot or weren't paying attention during training camp in 2014, Doug Marrone had Hogan ahead of Woods because of those reasons as well as Woods not being consistent enough.

Playing hurt...right?

How do you know it was the wrong route and not a bad pass? Do you know the plays being called? The route tree? Or are you're guessing?

Woods is an excellent route runner, he's known for it as much as his blocking. Every offensive player regressed under Marrone, using that as an example isn't really applicable. We'll find out this year where Woods is headed in terms of his career in Buffalo.

Playing hurt...right?

It's really easy to see how playing through a torn groin could lead to a lot of falls after trying to make a quick stop or cut.

Lets see you run around on a field with a groin issue while getting shoved around by other beasts......

Jesus....

I'm not saying Woods injury didn't impact his play, but according to some on here, Woods always runs a perfect route, never drops a ball and is a great #2 WR and that has been far from the truth. If management/coaches felt he was a legitimate #2 WR, then why did they sign Harvin last season and make him the #2 WR? I like Woods, but he's not as good as some people on here make him out to be.

I'm not saying Woods injury didn't impact his play, but according to some on here, Woods always runs a perfect route, never drops a ball and is a great #2 WR and that has been far from the truth. If management/coaches felt he was a legitimate #2 WR, then why did they sign Harvin last season and make him the #2 WR? I like Woods, but he's not as good as some people on here make him out to be.

In 2014 Robert Woods put up pretty much number 2 WR numbers

and how exactly do we know Percy was the number 2 and Woods was the number 3 (or whatever) and how do we know they didnt do it because he was playing injured?

Woods is a pretty good receiver who brings more then just catches.......all WR's drop balls.....Woods has an understanding of where the 1st down marker is.

I go by results and what I see in the games, not excuses. It seems there are people that love to make up all the excuses in the world for guys like Woods, Hogan and Chandler.

My entire point is claiming Woods doesn't run routes well isn't factually accurate. It's lazy, and in fact an excuse for not looking deeper into the question and often used by people who don't know how to evaluate route running to begin with.

In other words, it's empty words.

My entire point is claiming Woods doesn't run routes well isn't factually accurate. It's lazy, and in fact an excuse for not looking deeper into the question and often used by people who don't know how to evaluate route running to begin with.

In other words, it's empty words.

Just keep making up excuses for your hero. It's no wonder why the Bills have been as crappy as they have been for so long as fans over value their favorites.

Just keep making up excuses for your hero. It's no wonder why the Bills have been as crappy as they have been for so long as fans over value their favorites.

I'm not sure why you're saying I'm making up excuses. I'm not. I've said Woods disappointed last year. I've also said that when it came out he played on a torn groin for much of the year that those numbers made sense.

Blankly saying he doesn't run good routes, without having any idea of what defines that quality, is just making stuff up because it sounds smart. But it's not. It's lazy analysis that is not only inaccurate, it brings nothing to the table in terms of a discussion.