Robert Woods

• Replies 570
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I didn't see the stats Chilly mentioned. But I did see that in addition to better season stats, Woods had a lower drop rate and higher first down percentage than Hogan. Good to know. Thanks.

I didn't see the stats Chilly mentioned. But I did see that in addition to better season stats, Woods had a lower drop rate and higher first down percentage than Hogan. Good to know. Thanks.

I'm jumping in late -- are people arguing Hogan is a better WR than Woods? Is that really where we are in this thread?

That's hilarious.

I'm jumping in late -- are people arguing Hogan is a better WR than Woods? Is that really where we are in this thread?

That's hilarious.

I think they are pay your money and take your choice. Don't think one is discernibly better than the other. Both are guys who for me you are looking to upgrade if he is your #2 and both are guys that you are very happy with and will contribute effectively as your #3.

I think they are pay your money and take your choice. Don't think one is discernibly better than the other. Both are guys who for me you are looking to upgrade if he is your #2 and both are guys that you are very happy with and will contribute effectively as your #3.

I respect your football views and know you have been a fan of Hogan for awhile. That's cool, I got nothing against Hogan or your take on him. I do agree with what you say above but for the discernibly better bit. To me he's not in Woods' class. Woods does everything better than Hogan.

Interesting. I'll await those stats.

Feel free to browse http://www.footballoutsiders.com/stats/wr. You'll see a lot more #2 guys (like Decker, Hurns, Rashard Matthews, James Jones, Marvin Jones, etc) than #3 near the top of the standings, and the ones where you do see the #3, it's an offense where it's debatable what a #2 or a #3 is (like ARI or Seattle).

That's hilarious.

That's what appears to be the case.

That's incorrect. I'm arguing Woods has underperformed on the field the past 2 seasons and I'm using the comparison to Chris Hogan as evidence. He should be producing significantly better than Hogan based on talent and he hasn't.

Edited by Chilly

Feel free to browse http://www.footballoutsiders.com/stats/wr. You'll see a lot more #2 guys (like Decker, Hurns, Rashard Matthews, James Jones, Marvin Jones, etc) than #3 near the top of the standings, and the ones where you do see the #3, it's an offense where it's debatable what a #2 or a #3 is (like ARI or Seattle).

That's incorrect. I'm arguing Woods has underperformed on the field the past 2 seasons and I'm using the comparison to Chris Hogan as evidence. He should be producing significantly better than Hogan based on talent and he hasn't.

I think most everyone wants to see more production out of Woods. But he's still under contract and cheap and Hogan was a RFA who got a significant pay raise. And in the description of the statistics, they mention that they don't evaluate quarterback play, and that has a huge effect on the stats. But we'll see this season. The excuses are over.

Trust continues to build between Taylor & Woods

Last season it was hard for Tyrod Taylor to trust Robert Woods because Woods’ debilitating groin injury compromised his consistency in being in the right place at the right time. That’s not the case anymore and there is growing trust between the quarterback and receiver with each passing day at training camp.

I think most everyone wants to see more production out of Woods. But he's still under contract and cheap and Hogan was a RFA who got a significant pay raise. And in the description of the statistics, they mention that they don't evaluate quarterback play, and that has a huge effect on the stats. But we'll see this season. The excuses are over.

And we want to see more production out of Woods because he hasn't been a very good receiver up until this point.