Robert Woods

• Replies 570
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Camp Countdown - 22 - 3 reasons Robert Woods will excel in 2016

He was far and away the most consistent player on the field in the spring practices. With his burst back now that he's healthy, here's why we think Robert Woods could put together a heck of a season this fall.

Looking for Woods to silence a lot of the critics with this season...

...Just in time to cash in on UFA.

Woods is going to be healthy, go off and get a huge contract. He can be very productive, in the passing game and run game...Teams will covet him

http://www.cover1.net/2016/04/respect-robert-woods/

Yep, losing him will hurt. i believe OBD has never mentioned any urgency in getting him

Past his rookie contract. if he hits FA someone will pay silly $$$ for him. And everyone wonders who will

Be the #3 this year. After this season they may need a 2&3.

Yep, losing him will hurt. i believe OBD has never mentioned any urgency in getting him

Past his rookie contract. if he hits FA someone will pay silly $$$ for him. And everyone wonders who will

Be the #3 this year. After this season they may need a 2&3.

Do you really think Bills are not considering keeping him?

Even with Whaleys poorly executed comment, i think Woods could be very valuable and should be considered long term.

You get a one and a two nailed down plus the TE and a strong corp of RBs you really got something. Maybe next year a Lesean trade would be something to think on to free up monies?

Even with Whaleys poorly executed comment, i think Woods could be very valuable and should be considered long term.

You get a one and a two nailed down plus the TE and a strong corp of RBs you really got something. Maybe next year a Lesean trade would be something to think on to free up monies?

You won't save much trading McCoy after the '16 season (about $1m or so, though that jumps to 7 or 8m after the '17 season), so they'll have to find the money elsewhere.

I do definitely expect the Bills to try to keep Woods, they love the guy. Though I don't think they can, nor should, break the bank to keep him. Sammy's deal is coming up and he will command a lot. They'll make him a competitive offer, but if Woods has a good year someone will more than likely make an offer the Bills just cannot match.

The best chance the Bills have to keep Woods (baring him playing terribly this season which I don't expect) is if Taylor takes the step most are hoping for. Woods probably isn't a #2 WR on many other rosters and Buffalo is a really perfect fit for his skills with the way the team is currently composed. But that changes if they stink this year and there are wholesale changes at the QB and coaching positions.

No, I think the Bills would like to keep him. But him playing injured last year, playing under at least three different starting QB's (orton, ej, TT) and not getting a chance to gel or get in a rhythm has stunted his Development. he's a gamer. he is one of the guys I look forward to watching this year. it could be a breakout season for him. Then what? IMO if they do not extend him early and he hits FA he is gone. Someone will pay silly money for a starting #2. And the cash strapped Bills will not be in the bidding. They publically state all the time Tyrod & Gilmore are " priority's". Another home grown talent could hit the road.

IIRC Woods was a starter since day 1 as a rookie. teams will see his value. regardless of his less than stellar stats so far in his career. Put him on a team like the Packers with the discount double check guy and I think you see a completely different Robert Woods. No slight to Tyrod intended either. And Yes Whaley seems to make poorly executed comments on a somewhat regular basis. But they can be walked back, something he also does with some regularity. Unlike the HC........

With his burst back now that he's healthy, here's why we think Robert Woods could put together a heck of a season this fall.

Let's hope so.

Also from the article;

Fans might not be overly impressed with his numbers over his first three seasons, but Woods has never had less than 40 receptions a year, never had less than 500 yards receiving, never had fewer than three touchdowns and has never appeared in fewer than 14 games.

He's also never had 700+ yards, never had more than 5 TDs, and never had more than 65 receptions.

What we need is a WR capable of posting a 80-catch (minimum), 1,200 yard, 8+ TD season. Not sure Woods is that guy, particularly as a slot WR primarily. Hell, so far Sammy hasn't even proven that he can do that.

Here's hoping, but I wouldn't put my money on it.

I like Woods as a #2 but I don't see him staying beyond the end of his contract.

Roman runs a run-first offense and he's probably better at coordinating a run game than a passing game. Shady and our other backs will get a lot of touches.

On top of that, we all saw how productive Sammy was during the 2nd half of the season. Sammy's going to be targeted a lot this year.

Plus, there's been a lot of talk about Clay not earning his paycheck and maybe not being fully integrated into the offense. I expect him to have more targets this year.

That just doesn't leave a lot of targets for Woods. Fully healthy, he'll play well this year. But I don't see him putting up monstrous numbers.

Feeling under-utilized and under-appreciated, Woods will find a big contract in a more pass-oriented offense somewhere else.

Edited by hondo in seattle

I like Woods as a #2 but I don't see him staying beyond the end of his contract.

Roman runs a run-first offense and he's probably better at coordinating a run game than a passing game. Shady and our other backs will get a lot of touches.

On top of that, we all saw how productive Sammy was during the 2nd half of the season. Sammy's going to be targeted a lot this year.

Plus, there's been a lot of talk about Clay not earning his paycheck and maybe not being fully integrated into the offense. I expect him to have more targets this year.

That just doesn't leave a lot of targets for Woods. Fully healthy, he'll play well this year. But I don't see him putting up monstrous numbers.

Feeling under-utilized and under-appreciated, Woods will find a big contract in a more pass-oriented offense somewhere else.

This is definitely a plausible scenario, though Woods has always been a pretty team first guy going back through college. If the Bills make the playoffs this year, he might want to stick around to try to get a ring with Taylor, Sammy, and co. But I admit that's a less likely scenario than the one above.

Let's hope so.

Also from the article;

He's also never had 700+ yards, never had more than 5 TDs, and never had more than 65 receptions.

What we need is a WR capable of posting a 80-catch (minimum), 1,200 yard, 8+ TD season. Not sure Woods is that guy, particularly as a slot WR primarily. Hell, so far Sammy hasn't even proven that he can do that.

Here's hoping, but I wouldn't put my money on it.

Woods would be an 80 catch guy on a team that throws the ball a bunch and doesn't have Clay/McCoy/Karlos

Woods was open though. Sammy is going to get tons of attention and it would be silly for Tyrod tho throw into doubled coverage as he did last year.

TT needs Clay and Woods

Woods would be an 80 catch guy on a team that throws the ball a bunch and doesn't have Clay/McCoy/Karlos

and who really knows Bills don't get ball chucking silly next season? To do what is unexpected

I agree. The reporting has been improved decision making, faster reads, more over the middle throwing. That would lend towards Clay and Woods getting more involved, and not forcing it to Sammy when double covered.

As far as Woods getting a big contract somewhere else, I don't see that any teams coveting Woods services so much to offer a large deal. Don't get me wrong, I like Woods and the injury explains a lot last year.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Woods is a hell of a player. A legitimate starter in this league that has been vastly underused so far. Let's hope that changes this season.

I would like to see a compilation of Robert Woods' "big plays", cuz I'm not seeing what many here are so excited about (though "legitimate starter" isn't exactly effusive).

It's not like he makes incredible plays when he gets the chance, but just needs more throws to go his way.

His YAC is terrible (career -178th, 105th, 180th). He is "just a guy".

Edited by HoF Watkins