Robert Woods

I think you're going to see a real breakout year this year, and that you would have seen it last year if not for the double groin tears.

I'm betting on a season where Woods has 70 catches, 900 yards, and 7 TD.

I'll wager a Bills hat or visor on it, if you're willing to bite.

I will wager you a hat or visor.

Not because i think he will not succeed so much as i find it good fun.

I hope you win. Then we both win. and it gives us something to keep an eye on an possibly B word about ; )

Go Bob Woods!

• Replies 570
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Because he is a team first guy as well?

He isnt gonna reach Hines Ward production....but lets not act like Woods isnt a team first guy

The image of Woods throwing mini fits on the field during EJ's rookie season are still in my mind. I think Woods has come to terms with the fact that his career won't kick into high gear till he leaves Buffalo. Edited by atlbillsfan1975

I think you're going to see a real breakout year this year, and that you would have seen it last year if not for the double groin tears.

I'm in if its not too late. I actually hope that you win. I think that he will have an improved year but thinking more like 60 and 750 with hopefully 5+. The Bills desperately need him.

i think those are going to be Clay's numbers. But I would love to see it! Let's go Woody.

• 2 weeks later...

I just don't see him going from an average of 51 catches to 80 or 610 yards to 1000 and 3.5 TDs to 7-10. Woods isn't a raw guy with a lot of undeveloped potential. He was a top recruit out of high school, a productive college player with a skill set that was already advanced. He came in as a polished player and has produced pretty consistently. I just don't know why we should expect drastic improvement from a guy like that? If he was Kevin White for example, I may agree. Woods was never some raw, physical freak with giant upside. He was a high floor, safe prospect. At some point you are what your record says that you are.

You mean like Peerless Price did? His first 3 seasons in the NFL he had 138 total catches for 2,050 yards (average 46 for 683 yards) and then went for 94 and 1,252 and 9 TD's. To be fair, that was Drew Bledsoe slinging the ball all over the place in 2002 and I think he had 1,000 more passing yards than Taylor did last year. There's obviously a limited number of guys that can be 1,000 yard receivers when your QB is only throwing 3,300 yards for the entire season.

You mean like Peerless Price did? His first 3 seasons in the NFL he had 138 total catches for 2,050 yards (average 46 for 683 yards) and then went for 94 and 1,252 and 9 TD's. To be fair, that was Drew Bledsoe slinging the ball all over the place in 2002 and I think he had 1,000 more passing yards than Taylor did last year. There's obviously a limited number of guys that can be 1,000 yard receivers when your QB is only throwing 3,300 yards for the entire season.

I still would not rule him out of coming back.....especially if he has a good year.

I still would not rule him out of coming back.....especially if he has a good year.

If I was his agent, I'd tell him to leave. You don't get paid as a receiver for being a good blocker. Our offense is going to seriously hurt his pockets in his next contract.

Well lets see what the offense looks like this next year before we say that.....

First year of Roman and Tyrod Taylor.....rememeber?

I like Roman but his offenses don't have a history of number 2 wrs putting up numbers. I think if Woods was in NE or GB, people would have a much different impression of him.

Yeah, but Price was a big play guy too. We are talking about a possession guy. As you noted it was a different offense as well. In addition, that was 13-14 years ago. It's not like it's happening a lot. I hope that I'm wrong. He sounds like he's having a good spring.

Yeah, but Price was a big play guy too. We are talking about a possession guy. As you noted it was a different offense as well. In addition, that was 13-14 years ago. It's not like it's happening a lot. I hope that I'm wrong. He sounds like he's having a good spring.

what was the free agent $$$ worth for that WR from Cinci this last year?

To me Woods is a comparison of him......blocks well not high reception numbers