Robert Woods

:lol: :lol:

Don't listen to doctors, reporters, or the team. Go by HoF Watkins' eyeball test. If he says a guy looks healthy he MUST be healthy. And if he looks injured, he must need spleen surgery.

Hogan also blamed some of his drops on a torn ligament in his wrist.

Having had similar issues I'd venture that neither is more hampering than the other and yet no apologies are made for him.

The injury excuse just has to be taken with a grain.

But I will also say this.......short of being a goaltender in hockey I don't view groin injuries as just random misfortune.

The training staff needs to be on these guys about stretching, hydration and diet.......when you have young players you inevitably have ones that don't know how to take care of their body holistically.

You can treat them like veterans and end up letting them learn by making mistakes or you can stay after them about doing that part of their job like a professional.

A decent example of a player learning how to stay off the shelf is Eric Wood.

He missed 15 games to injury in his first 4 years....at least 2 in every year........and after learning what he can and can't do the player I used to call "Balsa" Wood has made adjustments and not missed a single game in the last 3.

I am not down on Sammy Watkins yet because I think he will start to learn from these injuries and adjust his preparation........wouldn't surprise me if he just beats the hell out of his body with overly physical training and doesn't do enough of the little things.......he's a stubborn/hardheaded young dude..........and while Wood's adjustments have made him a less physical player(he basically plays with little knee bend or anchor any longer).....I think that Watkins can make his adjustments simply thru better training/diet practices and remain the same explosive athlete.

Sammy and Harvin only played together for 3 games last season. And that was the healthiest the offense was last season. I don't think you can glean a lot from those 3 games.

Man.......that might be one of the most pessimistic takes I have ever read on TSW........they were scoring well over 30 points a game.......it was "basketball on turf".......and McCoy was not playing well reportedly due to a hamstring injury.......so they were actually healthier and less effective for a stretch later in the year..........the exception being Harvin. And that is my point.......that second WR made a bigger impact than even the difference between a healthy lead RB and having to split carries with a rookie 5th rounder.

• Replies 570
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hogan also blamed some of his drops on a torn ligament in his wrist.

Having had similar issues I'd venture that neither is more hampering than the other and yet no apologies are made for him.

Not true. There have been plenty of Hogan supporters who point out the torn ligament go back and look through those threads. And when it comes to being an NFL WR, groin issues are far more hampering than wrist ligaments. Far more. Groin injury limits the ability to change direction and explosiveness -- things a WR uses on every snap. Wrists limit the ability to beat the press, block, and catch -- things a WR uses on most snaps but not all.

The injury excuse just has to be taken with a grain.

Sure, but that wasn't my comment. My comment was laughing at an absurd take from HoF. His take was because Woods didn't look injured he wasn't really injured. It's laughable. Thus my laughter. ;)

Not true. There have been plenty of Hogan supporters who point out the torn ligament go back and look through those threads. And when it comes to being an NFL WR, groin issues are far more hampering than wrist ligaments. Far more. Groin injury limits the ability to change direction and explosiveness -- things a WR uses on every snap. Wrists limit the ability to beat the press, block, and catch -- things a WR uses on most snaps but not all.

Sure, but that wasn't my comment. My comment was laughing at an absurd take from HoF. His take was because Woods didn't look injured he wasn't really injured. It's laughable. Thus my laughter. ;)

That wasn't "my take"....my take is we don't know how much his groin was effecting his performance throughout the year (it wasn't until the Redskins that the injury was cited as a problem), that lots of players fall back on claims of injury after poor seasons, and that basically Robert Woods has never been that good of a wide receiver, even prior to the last season.

Say things? Seriously? Show me the quote.

I didn't say there was a quote, I said it's common for players to claim an injury hampered them, after a poor season. Woods may or may not have publicly claimed this, but people here are claiming it for him. I just think he isn't very good, injured or not.

That wasn't "my take"....

It was what you wrote:

He looked healthy enough to me, he just didn't perform very well.

Because he didn't look injured, to you, Woods and the team are using the injury as an excuse. Not too many opposing ways to read that. And, that take is absurd.

It was what you wrote:

Because he didn't look injured, to you, Woods and the team are using the injury as an excuse. Not too many opposing ways to read that. And, that take is absurd.

He is mediocre when he is injured, and mediocre when he is healthy....and I can't tell the difference.

Sounds to me like your questioning him being injured

I believe he was injured, but how much of a role the injury played in his mediocre performance last season, I'm not sure. Most of the season, he looked like the same Robert Woods he had always been....healthy mediocre WR.

When it comes to reading your hot takes, let alone responding to them, being bored is a prerequisite.

Yet, here you are. Again.

Edited by HoF Watkins

I want them to be as good as possible.

They probably will be "fine", as in "good enough to win 10 games, and lose a Wild Card game" (at best, and only if Watkins doesn't miss significant time and the defense improves).

But I think better another good WR could pull the offense up a couple notches (and possibly save the season, if Watkins misses time).

Like you said, it really comes down to Tyrod, but he should be given the best tools. I think concentrating on defense in the draft was a mistake, because of the situation with Tyrod. Instead, Wrex was given priority (and they blew it with Lawson, short term at least).

I'm still holding out hope that Listenbee can beat the jam at the LOS and provide a deep threat on the other side, to prevent extra attention on Sammy.

Huh?

What?

True, but after Sammy and Woods do we have that's better than the player Boldin now is?

Outside of Sammy and Robert we got a lot of guys with potential which means they haven't done anything yet.

Can't say for sure, but Boldin will probably want big bucks.

Man.......that might be one of the most pessimistic takes I have ever read on TSW........they were scoring well over 30 points a game.......it was "basketball on turf".......and McCoy was not playing well reportedly due to a hamstring injury.......so they were actually healthier and less effective for a stretch later in the year..........the exception being Harvin. And that is my point.......that second WR made a bigger impact than even the difference between a healthy lead RB and having to split carries with a rookie 5th rounder.

You mean "realistic," right?

I believe he was injured, but how much of a role the injury played in his mediocre performance last season, I'm not sure. Most of the season, he looked like the same Robert Woods he had always been....healthy mediocre WR.

Yet, here you are. Again.

So let me ask you this

Robert Woods is entering his what....4th season? Meaning last year was his 3rd season.

Do you believe that players can improve in the NFL as time goes on? He was two seasons in playing with different QBs then in his 3rd season he plays year long with a injury that affects speed, mobility, and lateral movement.

So let me ask you this

Robert Woods is entering his what....4th season? Meaning last year was his 3rd season.

Do you believe that players can improve in the NFL as time goes on? He was two seasons in playing with different QBs then in his 3rd season he plays year long with a injury that affects speed, mobility, and lateral movement.

I'm done talking about this dime-a-dozen wide receiver. If you guys want to continue singing his praises for another 20 pages, it will have to be without me. Adios.

No, I don't.

They were absolutely rolling with Watkins and Harvin on the field together.

3 games is 19% of the schedule........so it's not just a tiny sample.

It's not just the tiny sample, it's that everyone was the healthiest they were going to be in those 3 games as well. And TT basically ignored Sammy.

No, I don't.

They were absolutely rolling with Watkins and Harvin on the field together.

3 games is 19% of the schedule........so it's not just a tiny sample.

But it is a tiny sample. Football because of its nature doesn't have as many games as other sports, and you've taken 80% of it away. You make good points, but I am very hesitant to get on board with any analysis on 3 games. It simply could be lucky.

But it is a tiny sample. Football because of its nature doesn't have as many games as other sports, and you've taken 80% of it away. You make good points, but I am very hesitant to get on board with any analysis on 3 games. It simply could be lucky.

Bado usually does make good points......I fought it a lot in the beginning because he gets very extreme with his view points

but I think he presents them very well......we but heads a lot but I respect Bado I really do