Robert Woods

I absolutely realize that. :)

And I hope you realize I'm not arguing he's a number 1 WR or that the Bills should overpay to keep him. I think he can be a solid #2 in the right system (which might be Roman's to be honest) and he could be a great slot guy on a loaded team.

2a 2b

whatever it takes

• Replies 570
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

:lol: No, Hogan was not a much more dangerous vertical option... at least not when Woods wasn't playing with tears in his groin.

Oh.......so the 10.8 yards per catch average in 2014 was more reflective of his downfield prowess? :lol:

I'm no Hogan fan, but just off the top of my head I remember that he caught long bomb TD's versus Miami and Tennessee and another sure one went right thru his hands against Dallas.

Woods had none of those......though I recall him catching a roughly 20 yard TD on a perfectly thrown pass from EJ. Those are the kind of throws Woods needs to be effective......he's JAG.

If you don't remember these things then that might explain your shaky takes in the past year plus.

Oh.......so the 10.8 yards per catch average in 2014 was more reflective of his downfield prowess? :lol:

I'm no Hogan fan, but just off the top of my head I remember that he caught long bomb TD's versus Miami and Tennessee and another sure one went right thru his hands against Dallas.

Woods had none of those......though I recall him catching a roughly 20 yard TD on a perfectly thrown pass from EJ. Those are the kind of throws Woods needs to be effective......he's JAG.

If you don't remember these things then that might explain your shaky takes in the past year plus.

It also has to do with the route trees the wr's are asked to run correct?

Maybe Woods was not asked to run the deeper routes

I absolutely realize that. :)

And I hope you realize I'm not arguing he's a number 1 WR or that the Bills should overpay to keep him. I think he can be a solid #2 in the right system (which might be Roman's to be honest) and he could be a great slot guy on a loaded team.

You use the term "great" a lot.

A great slot guy is a 100+ catch guy who excels at RAC.

I guess I don't see that Welker/Edelman type........I see a tweener who a loaded team would seek to replace with somebody more like an actual slot WR.

Like dave said.......he's got a Bill Brooks skillset.......but unfortunately that means a lot less nowadays in a league loaded with much bigger and faster WR's.......and bigger and better corners....... than during Billy's day.

No i mean it is not that Woods cant do it....was just not asked to do it

Why would you ask a deep threat to not go deep?

I love Woods, btw. I love his fire and his passion. I hope he improves. But I don't think he's nearly the receiving threat he needs to be to remain a Bill.

Edited by FireChan

The circus catch on an Orton throw it up and hope to set up the win v Minnesota in 2014 too.

Again, how do you reconcile the fact that Woods averaged 14.7 YPC as a rookie and caught a 57 yard pass? As for Hogan's "long bomb" TD's last year, he had a 38 yarder while Woods had a 32 yarder. BFD.

Yeah, I think we've established I'm a glass half full guy. You're a guy who's glass was half empty... until Shady knocked it off the table and Woods was too slow to catch it before it broke;)

Different strokes and all.

I'm a glass-has-6oz-in-it guy.

It's a hobby.......I don't need to pretend a situation with a sports team is better or worse than it is.

Robert Woods and "great" don't belong in the same sentence about the game of football. :lol:

And how can you say you are an optimist and then want an escape clause for injury on Shady from a bet YOU proposed? :lol:

Skairt......just skairt. :flirt:

Again, how do you reconcile the fact that Woods averaged 14.7 YPC as a rookie and caught a 57 yard pass? As for Hogan's "long bomb" TD's last year, he had a 38 yarder while Woods had a 32 yarder. BFD.

Don't get hung up on Hogan......yeah he got open downfield last year when Woods did not........but he was a journeyman pickup......Woods was an early second round pick.

The fact is that in 3 full years Woods has not contributed as a downfield receiver.

That's because he is a small receiver with 4.5-4.6 speed.......he lacks the traits.

I'm a glass-has-6oz-in-it guy.

It's a hobby.......I don't need to pretend a situation with a sports team is better or worse than it is.

Robert Woods and "great" don't belong in the same sentence about the game of football. :lol:

And how can you say you are an optimist and then want an escape clause for injury on Shady from a bet YOU proposed? :lol:

Skairt......just skairt. :flirt:

Disagree about the bolded. Woods is objectionably a great blocker. I'd argue he's also on his way to becoming a great route runner if he's not already there.

And as for the bet, you're the one who claimed McCoy will be out of football (not just off the roster) before he turns 30. I never said career ending injuries aren't possible for McCoy, in fact I stated my position quite clearly: barring a career ending injury, Shady will be on the Bills' roster for the 16' and '17 seasons. His contract makes this quite evident. You disagreed. As far as I'm concerned our bet is still on. If he's not on the roster in '17 I'll happily fulfill my end of the wager.

Edited by Deranged Rhino

Disagree about the bolded. Woods is objectionably a great blocker. I'd argue he's also on his way to becoming a great route runner if he's not already there.

And as for the bet, you're the one who claimed McCoy will be out of football (not just off the roster) before he turns 30. I never said career ending injuries aren't possible for McCoy, in fact I stated my position quite clearly: barring a career ending injury, Shady will be on the Bills' roster for the 16' and '17 seasons. His contract makes this quite evident. You disagreed. As far as I'm concerned our bet is still on. If he's not on the roster in '17 I'll happily fulfill my end of the wager.

Eat like 8 million in dead money to save the 9th and lose out on the player. Yeah that's a pretty safe bet, can I get in on this?

Eat like 8 million in dead money to save the 9th and lose out on the player. Yeah that's a pretty safe bet, can I get in on this?

OK then........#BADOL redefined Commonsense........shall be your handle should I be right.

Anyone else want to offer to take some of the burden off of Deranged Rhino?

Should I keep banging the drum for Boldin? Especially with this news on Watkins.

I wanted them to get him last year.......Sammy really could use a good role model and Boldin would be a great one.

But man he is getting old now. On paper he is a bad fit.

But the truth is that the Bills WR corps outside of Sammy is a relative turd pile and they are one injury away from having the worst one in the NFL.

And in a disaster situation Boldin is a the kind of warrior you want on your side.

I've said it before but Boldin has family in WNY.......uncles and cousins and such so it's not as much of a "why would he come to Buffalo" situation as some might think.