2016 Draft WR/TE thread

Beerball

Pretty decent numbers for my boy, Juwan Brescacin. Listed as 6'4" 230lbs. I think he's capable of playing WR in the NFL or packing on 10-15lbs and playing TE. Great hands catcher, blocks like his life depends on it. Lack of production makes him little more than a late Day 3 pick at best but dude can play.

@Platinum_FB

@NIU_Football Juwan Brescacin ran a 4.6 to 40 yard dash, and had a 36.5 vertical today at pro day. Caught all his passes even tough ones!

Also clocked 7.03 in the 3-cone drill. For comparison, Kenny Lawler from Cal clocked 7.13 at 6'2", 203 in Indy. Will Fuller was 6.93 at 6' 186lbs. Bang in the middle at 6'4, 230 is impressive.

Edited by Blokestradamus

• Replies 423
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Pretty decent numbers for my boy, Juwan Brescacin. Listed as 6'4" 230lbs. I think he's capable of playing WR in the NFL or packing on 10-15lbs and playing TE. Great hands catcher, blocks like his life depends on it. Lack of production makes him little more than a late Day 3 pick at best but dude can play.

@Platinum_FB

@NIU_Football Juwan Brescacin ran a 4.6 to 40 yard dash, and had a 36.5 vertical today at pro day. Caught all his passes even tough ones!

Also clocked 7.03 in the 3-cone drill. For comparison, Kenny Lawler from Cal clocked 7.13 at 6'2", 203 in Indy. Will Fuller was 6.93 at 6' 186lbs. Bang in the middle at 6'4, 230 is impressive.

Sounds better then O Leary already.

I am struggling to get on-board with a WR in round 1. The only one I would like is Treadwell for his size, production, hands and blocking ability. Even with him, I have reservations about investing too much in the WR position - especially with a not-sure-thing QB going into next season. I still like Robert Woods' receiving and blocking ability.

Bills have Blake Annen

Blake Annen – Tight End – Cincinnati – Annen was not invited to Indy and needed a strong pro day, He had one! At 6041 – 247 he ran a 4.45. He also had jumps of 34” and 10’, to go along with a 7.19 3-cone and 25 reps of 225. It was a very strong workout

I think Braxton Miller might be a possibility in the third round - as maybe a cheaper, healthier Harvin type player.

I'm sure there are some guys that can develop, and will be good players, but for 1st round talent, I'm not impressed. The 2 guys that would seem to be good compliments to Watkins, Treadwell and Ohio State's Thomas, both look big, but slow. I'm hoping they pick up a free agent WR, but that seems unlikely as well.

It all comes back to Hunter Henry to me. Jason Witten Jr.

If we are going to an antiquated run first offense, you need two good TEs would are actually threats in the receiving game. You can do multiple things with TEs and Henry would be long term insurance for Clay.

Do what the Pats do! Or we can keep drafting Wrs high and go nowhere.

I can't believe they choose a WR in first round. They are loading up on defense for 5 of their 8 picks. I thought they might draft a kicker, but Carpenter took a pay cut today.

If we get a WR it's one of those value guys in the 5th or 6th rounds. The only higher pick for offense is maybe an o-lineman, but if Henderson comes back healthy they may not. They won't give up in Miller already.

I like the idea of a TE rather than a WR for this draft. Gives us another potential weapon in the red zone and the WR draft doesn't look great (from what I'm reading on this board).

Robert Woods is serviceable as a #2 because hes on a rookie contract. Worst case scenario, Woods is awful and we look for a better #2 in FA and/or draft WR in a better year. Most likely case scenario Woods performs as he had and we sign a better #2 in FA and/or draft WR in a better year. Best case scenario Woods excels we resign him (cause that's what we do now) and go BPA with respect to WR in a better draft year.

Just behind RT I have TE#2 as the biggest offensive need for the this team because I am of the opinion,

"if you can win the last 20 yards then you can win any 20 yards"

Looks like my guy Robby Anderson of Temple is having a solid pro day.

Ran his 40 in the mid-4.4's and touched 37" in the vertical jump.

Shrine Game Measurements: 6'2-1/2", 180 lbs, 8-3/8" hands (yikes), 30" arms

Apparently many teams had Anderson timed in the mid 4.3's in the 40...he also did CB drills and reportedly looked really, really good.

Teams seem to be looking at him as the next Richard Sherman--a college WR with size and outstanding ball skills that can transition to the defensive side of the ball.

The scary thing is that Anderson has better ball skills and timed speed than Sherman had as a WR.

Apparently many teams had Anderson timed in the mid 4.3's in the 40...he also did CB drills and reportedly looked really, really good.

Teams seem to be looking at him as the next Richard Sherman--a college WR with size and outstanding ball skills that can transition to the defensive side of the ball.

The scary thing is that Anderson has better ball skills and timed speed than Sherman had as a WR.

So....Neon Deon.....?

I saw reports as low as 4.27 (hand times) but I thought he was probably a 4.4 guy on the field.

I don't care where you play him, just give him a year to put on a little weight and let him flourish.

I saw reports as low as 4.27 (hand times) but I thought he was probably a 4.4 guy on the field.

I don't care where you play him, just give him a year to put on a little weight and let him flourish.

Part of me thinks he's not to be messed with--just put him at boundary WR and leave him alone.

Then there's the other half that is so intrigued by a guy with his size/speed/ball skills playing CB--if he can make the transition, he's got perennial all-pro potential.

You're right--just get him on your team and figure it out later.

Part of me thinks he's not to be messed with--just put him at boundary WR and leave him alone.

Then there's the other half that is so intrigued by a guy with his size/speed/ball skills playing CB--if he can make the transition, he's got perennial all-pro potential.

You're right--just get him on your team and figure it out later.

The joy of trying him at corner is that you automatically have a secondary option to make him viable.

I think he would be the third best WR in Buffalo but probably only the 5th/6th best corner so I wouldn't move him if picked by the Bills but I see the appeal.

I'm sure there are some guys that can develop, and will be good players, but for 1st round talent, I'm not impressed. The 2 guys that would seem to be good compliments to Watkins, Treadwell and Ohio State's Thomas, both look big, but slow. I'm hoping they pick up a free agent WR, but that seems unlikely as well.

michael Thomas slow? No. Teams (not OSU, team scouts) clocked him in the 4.3s at his pro day 40. That's impressive for anyone, but especially for his size. Edited by YoloinOhio

michael Thomas slow? No. Teams (not OSU, team scouts) clocked him in the 4.3s at his pro day 40. That's impressive for anyone, but especially for his size.

PRO DAY RESULTS

40-yard dash: 4.55 seconds

He doesn't look very fast on the field to me, either. He's not really a deep threat at the NFL level. I would prefer Josh Doctson to Thomas, for this Bills team.

Edited by HoF Watkins

PRO DAY RESULTS

He doesn't look very fast on the field to me, either. He's not really a deep threat at the NFL level. I would prefer Josh Doctson to Thomas, for this Bills team.

i am aware - it was team scouts who clocked him in low 4.3s. That is what they use.

He's a Demaryious Thomas. Won't be there when Bills pick in 2nd so nbd.

Some teams walked away from the Buckeyes' pro day with a 40 time for Michael Thomas in the low 4.3s. Like the Combine, most teams use the 40 time that's on their scouts' stopwatch as opposed to any "official" time that makes its way through the media. After the workout, Thomas met extensively with the San Diego Chargers.

Read more at http://walterfootball.com/proday.php#uyULUfJjFETKQ5sI.99 Edited by YoloinOhio

• Do you think there is any chance Whaley surprises all of us and takes Treadwell at 19?

McGowan needs to call Jasper and get reminded to lose 40-50 lbs. fast, and bone up on his footwork to get converted to Tackle. Actually, i know it's blasphemy here on this board, but he really needs to call Peters in Philly. From his perspective, he will increase his salary by 3-7 fold if he could hang as a Left tackle. I have no idea on his arm length, quickness in the feet, but a lean 350 lb. guy who is athletic enough to play TE at 400, could eventually be a difference maker as a lineman. Besides, a lot of good with the emphasis on good offensive lineman can play well into their 30's. Compare that to RB's.

• Do you think there is any chance Whaley surprises all of us and takes Treadwell at 19?
  • McGowan needs to call Jasper and get reminded to lose 40-50 lbs. fast, and bone up on his footwork to get converted to Tackle. Actually, i know it's blasphemy here on this board, but he really needs to call Peters in Philly. From his perspective, he will increase his salary by 3-7 fold if he could hang as a Left tackle. I have no idea on his arm length, quickness in the feet, but a lean 350 lb. guy who is athletic enough to play TE at 400, could eventually be a difference maker as a lineman. Besides, a lot of good with the emphasis on good offensive lineman can play well into their 30's. Compare that to RB's.

I won't cry if it's Treadwell. We need a wideout. Can't be a terrible play.

That's kind of what i was thinking Ryan. I've read and heard fantastic things about him not as a combine guy, but one who makes great football moves. i really believe a healthy Miller in year 2 will get better. Henderson if he can handle the Crohns thing, has serious potential. Another stud WR could make this offense potent.

I wouldn't care if we used the next 5 picks on defense if he really is a stud. Then we have a healthy Woods, Watkins of course, and Clay. That is more than enough weapons for TT to shine.

I keep reading and hearing how Rex gets pressure with scheme so doesn't need studs on the line. He always needs great D Backs. We have two studs plus A Williams hopefully coming back to form. It's not inconceivable.

I am struggling to get on-board with a WR in round 1. The only one I would like is Treadwell for his size, production, hands and blocking ability. Even with him, I have reservations about investing too much in the WR position - especially with a not-sure-thing QB going into next season. I still like Robert Woods' receiving and blocking ability.

I don't think we need to worry about WR in rd 1.

But that whaley is a shifty devil. he trades back to spots, i won't mind as much.

It all comes back to Hunter Henry to me. Jason Witten Jr.

If we are going to an antiquated run first offense, you need two good TEs would are actually threats in the receiving game. You can do multiple things with TEs and Henry would be long term insurance for Clay.

Do what the Pats do! Or we can keep drafting Wrs high and go nowhere.

that HH just has stuck in my mind after some reading up. hmmm

PRO DAY RESULTS

Josh Doctson is very much in play with Bills first pick IMO. He seems to be the tall #2 Whaley is looking for. I like Michael Thomas as our #2 as well

A guy I really like is Devon Cajuste. He is a big third down option possesion receiver. Very Good hands...real big for a WR with and good speed. And we could build the defense in the first three rounds and still probably grab him.

Could also use him as a disaster QB or in the wildcat.

Edited by MOVALLEYRANDY

Still love Sterling Sheppard. Could easily see him as a late round 1 early 2 guy. Was watching the combine and Michael Thomas fell on his face numerous times like he had 2 left feet

Very much agree. The guy is just a very good football player that makes plays and appears to be a good guy as well.

PRO DAY RESULTS

Doctson looks like a guy who could be an all-pro type player whereas Thomas looks like just a guy

Edited by MOVALLEYRANDY

I want this dude working out at Fisher in the summer. I've seen him play several times and he can run, he can catch, he can RAC and DBs bounce off of him.

I'm not sure where he's projected, but I wouldn't let the 5th round go by without snatching him up. Would be a gamble but worth it IMHO. He could do refrigerator duty on the goal line and 2 point conversions as well.

If we don't give him a chance I suspect someone will like that Patsies** or Denver will.

Very much agree. The guy is just a very good football player that makes plays and appears to be a good guy as well.

Doctson looks like a guy who could be an all-pro type player whereas Thomas looks like just a guy

Neither Thomas or Treadwell look quick. They are big, but not 6'5" type guys. I don't expect anything spectacular from either.

I don't think we need to worry about WR in rd 1.

But that whaley is a shifty devil. he trades back to spots, i won't mind as much.

that HH just has stuck in my mind after some reading up. hmmm

hunter Henry isn't a good enough blocker for the bills to spend an early pick on him. He's a better fit for other offenses that don't put that priority on their TEs. IMO. He can improve at that later, for sure. And if he falls to the mid rounds maybe they take him with that in mind. But I would guess they want immediate contributors in the top 3 if at all possible. Edited by YoloinOhio

hunter Henry isn't a good enough blocker for the bills to spend an early pick on him. He's a better fit for other offenses that don't put that priority on their TEs. IMO. He can improve at that later, for sure. And if he falls to the mid rounds maybe they take him with that in mind. But I would guess they want immediate contributors in the top 3 if at all possible.

If Bills can pick up a couple 3rds ?

It's a reach of thinking.

I would not spend a pick early on ANY pass catcher this year till Tyrod can show improvement using what he already has available.

we already tried that.

Maybe the Bills really do like Gragg after all anyways.

Neither Thomas or Treadwell look quick. They are big, but not 6'5" type guys. I don't expect anything spectacular from either.

This is not the year to reach for a WR from all i have read. TEs are even thinner.

@Rand_Getlin

Snow didn't stop scouts and TE coaches from coming out to watch Montana State TE Beau Sandland today in Bozeman.

CeKmyTVVAAAii8Z.jpg
@NFL_CFB

CollegeFootball 24/7 Retweeted Rand Getlin

Intriguing potential. See @LanceZierlein's draft profile for Sandland --> http://www.nfl.com/draft/2016/profiles/beau-sandland?id=2555487

I would be shocked and disappointed if The Bills pick a WR at 19 in Round 1. Treadwell might be okay - if they are able to trade down and pick up some more picks this year. That's a big "if", and probably a bigger "might".