2016 Draft WR/TE thread

Beerball

'Quon Treadwell can't run a route. -Period. He DOES have tremendoust physical ability and a knack for getting open... But this type of raw talent evaporates at the next level... We need a BIG guy that can start in September... For my money, It's Reggie Diggs WR, Richmond.... 6'4" 200lbs of mismatch for smaller defenders.... Not blazingly fast, but Intelligent, and coachable.... For his level, a decent route runner.... He'll do well around guys like Salas, Watkins, and Woods.... That's right, I said SALAS.... Hogan is a great guy... Lotta heart.... Limited ability. -Buh-bye.

Diggs is the perfect mid-round get....We need SIZE at WR.... Let's get it RIGHT this offseason, OBD!

Edited by #34fan

• Replies 423
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

WR is the MOST OVER RATED position on the field......especially when you only target them 5 times a game.

here is a list of WR drafted highly (mostly 1st round) in the last two years.

what do they ALL have in common ?......NONE (but 1) are in the playoffs.

2015 -

Amari Cooper - Oak

Davante Parker - Mia

Nelson Agholor - Phi

Breshard Perriman- Bal

Devin Smith - Jets

Dorial Green Beckham - Ten

Sammy Watkins - Buf (used 2 first rounders for him)

2014-

Sammy Watkins - Buf

Mike Evans- TB

Odell Beckham Jr - Giants

Brandin Cooks - N.O.

Kelvin Benjamin - Car (only wr in playoffs)

Marquise Lee - Jax

Jordan Mathews- Phi

Why draft a WR early when our defense is (1) aging, (2) losing starters from this past season, and (3) grossly underperformed to the point of being a liability? I don't want a WR's name called until day 3 of the draft, especially when we have a QB who has difficulty looking past his WR1.

Edited by Saint Doug

Why draft a WR early when our defense is (1) aging, (2) losing starters from this past season, and (3) grossly underperformed to the point of being a liability? I don't want a WR's name called until day 3 of the draft, especially when we have a QB who has difficulty looking past his WR1.

So we can pass the ball in the passing league and score points to win football games

So we can pass the ball in the passing league and score points to win football games

thank you

I will add - remember this offense when Sammy was hurt? Anyone think he's magically never getting hurt again? If a WR is BPA on the Bills board (that's their board not kiper's board) when they draft, they should take him.

In addition, trying to add a decent WR in FA is going to be a very tough sell with the number of times we passed last year and they would need too overpay. Not really in position to do that.

I'm all for tweaking the D and adding players but IMO they need to focus first on continuing to improve the offense. I am in the minority that thinks the D will be fine regardless based on another year in scheme and getting some guys back from injury plus some inevitable player swaps to better fit the system.

Edited by YoloinOhio

RD4.

Harvin's as good as gone, Woods hasn't shown it, so we still don't have a #2 WR--the high-pointing, tall, feature WRF (unless maybe it's Dez Lewis), as well as the Harvin role. These guys are listed as WRS in DraftTek, so we may need 2. Both carry the P3 designation.

It is a buyer's market for WRs, with lots of WRs declaring and fewer teams needing them than most years.

RD4 is my guess, it's a buyer's market in the draft on Wrs, and my 4 favorites, Travin Dural, Nelson Spruce, Sterling Shepard, and De'Runnyea Wilson might be available there.

Should Laquon Treadwell be there at #17, I'd think twice ...before drafting a lineman.

Day 3 gems:

WRS BRALON ADDISON OREGON (pick 133 on our board, Bills have been to practices and/or games)

WRF LEONTE CAROO RUTGERS (pick 149, Bills have been to practices and/or games)

S-WRF MALCOLM MITCHELL GEORGIA (240, likely moving up with his bowl game; no word on Bills scouts)

WRF CHRIS BROWN NOTRE DAME (364)

http://www.drafttek.com/2016-NFL-Draft-Prospect-Rankings/Top-College-WRs-2016-Draft.asp

Def need a strong WR2 whether in FA or the draft. Am I the only one who remembers Deonte Thompson? What happened to him? Why didnt we bring him back after our WRs got hurt? He made some clutch plays in pre-season. A lot more the Dez Lewis.

I honestly think WR is a sneaky need for us. Sammy has turned out better than I hoped, but he really needs someone to stretch the field with.

Unless we can get Harvin to take less money, I don't think we have that guy, and Woods doesn't have the same chemistry with Tyrod that he did with EJ.

1st or second round sounds just about right to me.

Harvin is gone bro. Its tough cuz when he was mentally/phyisically healthy he was great but we gotta get over it. He aint coming back bc his hip wont or his mind isnt on football anymore. He's got a ring and prob enuff $$ in the bank to retire.

Can Anyone give me an NFL's perspective on Pharoh Cooper I understand he is declaring? He was the best player on an awful South Carolina Team.

Highest YPC against AP-ranked teams. Also highest yards per carry as a runner of the Day2 guys.

But..short. That hasn't bothered Whaley yet. Would love a tall guy in Day 3.

Highest YPC against AP-ranked teams. Also highest yards per carry as a runner of the Day2 guys.

But..short. That hasn't bothered Whaley yet. Would love a tall guy in Day 3.

Make that 2 tall guys...Hunter Henry, (day 1) and Reggie Diggs. (day 3)

How about drafting OJ Howard in first? He is a great blocker and did plenty of it at Alabama. You witnessed his speed and playmaking ability against a great Clemson defense. At 6'6 he can be our endzone threat, and would pair nicely with Clay. And he can help the run game

I honestly think WR is a sneaky need for us. Sammy has turned out better than I hoped, but he really needs someone to stretch the field with.

Unless we can get Harvin to take less money, I don't think we have that guy, and Woods doesn't have the same chemistry with Tyrod that he did with EJ.

1st or second round sounds just about right to me.

The big deal with Woods was his groin injury. I'm surprised the Bills haven't heard from the NFL on this. There were several injuries that came out this season that didn't appear to be reported on the weekly injury report. I expect Woods to bounce back next year, especially as he gets closer to contract time.

The big deal with Woods was his groin injury. I'm surprised the Bills haven't heard from the NFL on this. There were several injuries that came out this season that didn't appear to be reported on the weekly injury report. I expect Woods to bounce back next year, especially as he gets closer to contract time.

Bounce back to average?

I think we have seen what Woods has to offer, and it's nothing special. He occasionally makes a nice play.

How about drafting OJ Howard in first? He is a great blocker and did plenty of it at Alabama. You witnessed his speed and playmaking ability against a great Clemson defense. At 6'6 he can be our endzone threat, and would pair nicely with Clay. And he can help the run game

I think he's gone within the first twelve picks.... Too much to hope for.... I'd probably wet myself if we pulled the trigger on that Kid.

i would love Mike Williams WR Clemson 6/4 220. If he checks out medically i would definitely consider him in the 2nd or 3rd round. this dude is a stud hopefully he declares.

I also love Tyler Boyd from Pitt

I'm with you. That is what I came to this thread to say. How far is he predicted to fall because of the injury?

Ahh ok. Is he a Junior? My mistake.

he must be ... Either that or he obtained a medical redshirt. Can't remember how early in the season he got hurt. But he announced he's coming back. Clemson offense will be soooo good. They were missing top 2 WRs in playoffs, both will be back, plus their RB is coming back. Edited by YoloinOhio

he must be ... Either that or he obtained a medical redshirt. Can't remember how early in the season he got hurt. But he announced he's coming back. Clemson offense will be soooo good. They were missing top 2 WRs in playoffs, both will be back, plus their RB is coming back.

It was Week 1 against Wofford. He is a junior and I believe he still could apply for a medical redshirt depending on his recovery.

This is a bad draft for TEs. Glad we have Clay. Henry will probably go in the second and then I think it is everyone else in third or later.

I actually like Tyler Higbee from Western Kentucky in that early Day 3 range. Good hands, decent athlete for 6' 6", 250, can attack down the seam, willing blocker but needs refinement. WKU was 112th in the nation in run plays per game so part of the blocking stuff is a smaller than average exposure to it.

Experience inline, flexed in the slot and at H-Back. Doughty's safety valve this year. Would make for a decent #2 option.

RD4.

Harvin's as good as gone, Woods hasn't shown it, so we still don't have a #2 WR--the high-pointing, tall, feature WRF (unless maybe it's Dez Lewis), as well as the Harvin role. These guys are listed as WRS in DraftTek, so we may need 2. Both carry the P3 designation.

It is a buyer's market for WRs, with lots of WRs declaring and fewer teams needing them than most years.

RD4 is my guess, it's a buyer's market in the draft on Wrs, and my 4 favorites, Travin Dural, Nelson Spruce, Sterling Shepard, and De'Runnyea Wilson might be available there.

Should Laquon Treadwell be there at #17, I'd think twice ...before drafting a lineman.

Day 3 gems:

WRS BRALON ADDISON OREGON (pick 133 on our board, Bills have been to practices and/or games)

WRF LEONTE CAROO RUTGERS (pick 149, Bills have been to practices and/or games)

S-WRF MALCOLM MITCHELL GEORGIA (240, likely moving up with his bowl game; no word on Bills scouts)

WRF CHRIS BROWN NOTRE DAME (364)

http://www.drafttek.com/2016-NFL-Draft-Prospect-Rankings/Top-College-WRs-2016-Draft.asp

assuming Cordy and Cogs are signed, if treadwell is there, gotta think he's the pick.

The Bills' return game (both punts and KOs) was awful this year. It would make a lot of sense to draft a WR who can do one or both--as well as catch passes, of course. That's another reason I would love to see them draft Bralon Addison of Oregon. He is an excellent return man, especially on punts (3 PRs for touchdowns in last two seasons, and an average of around 13 per return), and a highly productive WR.

The Bills' return game (both punts and KOs) was awful this year. It would make a lot of sense to draft a WR who can do one or both--as well as catch passes, of course. That's another reason I would love to see them draft Bralon Addison of Oregon. He is an excellent return man, especially on punts (3 PRs for touchdowns in last two seasons, and an average of around 13 per return), and a highly productive WR.

Good point. If they get the Special Teams up into the top half of the league, it would add a couple wins to the record, me thinks.

As far as drafting another TE, they just drafted a guy many here (maybe even some of the same guys that now want them to draft another TE?) were so excited about coming into the draft, Nick O'Leary. He has sucked. But considering they have Clay, I think O'Leary should be given a little time to develop.

assuming Cordy and Cogs are signed, if treadwell is there, gotta think he's the pick.

I doubt he's there, but I would hope he's the pick if he's there. While I really prefer not to draft a WR wth out 1st or 2nd pick, he's the guy that makes sense. While he doesn't have the speed, he could develop into the best blocking WR ever. In our scheme, that matters. If he can take out the outside defender 90% of the time on outside runs, advantage us. Then add in his receiving skills and I think he's a perfect fit.