2016 Draft QB thread

Beerball

• Replies 975
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

RD5 QB. Yes, I'm a Tyrod Taylor guy, but when Tyrod went out, we (EJ) made stupid errors. He may not be fixable. There is a lot of QBs in the draft that fit Roman's scheme and the desire for mobility and size, especially if we see some Jr's declare. I hope it isn't Connor Cook. Day 3 please.

Sudfeld from Indiana sprays the ball around well, Prescott has elusiveness, Coker's more than a game manager, and Brandon Doughty has the best comp pct of anyone on Day 3. One of them (and likely 3 of the 4) will be there RD5.

I still think TT has a lot to proven (and no way do I start thinking about giving him an extension until next season), but he's earned the right to be the undisputed starter going into next season. I'd eschew drafting/reaching for a QB early in this coming draft and would favor taking a guy like Brandon Allen from Arkansas in the 4th round.

There are eight QBs in the playoffs this year that were passed over in the draft or free agency by Nix/Whaley. Several of these were on teams that didn't "need" a QB. The Bills should target a QB early in the draft. It would be shame to go through yet another draft without building up the QB stable in a meaningful way.

There are eight QBs in the playoffs this year that were passed over in the draft or free agency by Nix/Whaley. Several of these were on teams that didn't "need" a QB. The Bills should target a QB early in the draft. It would be shame to go through yet another draft without building up the QB stable in a meaningful way.

I think the bills had both Myers and oswiler on there radar that year and were taken a round earlier than projected

Someone on the radio today (maybe Kelso) said Bills should be looking for a QB maybe as early as 3rd round. Unless the guys is there they really want, I think that should be used to sure up another position. You can get immediate starters in 3rd. QB a bit latet

Please draft Hogan from Stanford. He is unquestionably the best pro prospect - most consistent performance of any college qb and winner. Also he has andrew luck athletiscm. Shocked but happy he doesn't get talked about

Cook, Kelly, Wentz, Hackenberg, Doughty

Please draft Hogan from Stanford. He is unquestionably the best pro prospect - most consistent performance of any college qb and winner. Also he has andrew luck athletiscm. Shocked but happy he doesn't get talked about

because he is not that good, If you want Matt Cassel he's your guy

I wonder a couple things.

#1 - how much will Chad Kelly's personality issues at Clemson hurt him - depends on team, shouldn't be a problem here.

#2 - would the bridge with Ryan be burnt via Dabo Swinney - irrelevant

#3 - could Uncle Jim really keep a leash on him if he had to sit and learn again. - Yes, and he has matured enough on his own, you can see in interviews he isn't that cocky little prick anymore.

Sweet Christ no.

yeah he has been bad under Franklin but was an emerging star under O'Brien, as a third rounder and a couple yrs on the bench he could be that star again

Someone on the radio today (maybe Kelso) said Bills should be looking for a QB maybe as early as 3rd round. Unless the guys is there they really want, I think that should be used to sure up another position. You can get immediate starters in 3rd. QB a bit latet

most late round QBs are worthless, get em early or not at all.

round 2

Most likely.

Getting WR Treadwell in the first would be sweet

:worthy::worthy: :worthy:

I still think TT has a lot to proven (and no way do I start thinking about giving him an extension until next season), but he's earned the right to be the undisputed starter going into next season. I'd eschew drafting/reaching for a QB early in this coming draft and would favor taking a guy like Brandon Allen from Arkansas in the 4th round.

word of the day :thumbsup:

When discussing QBs I don't see this name brought up in conversations: Jacoby Brissett. Is he eligible for next years draft?

He didn't take much of a step up this year. Not sure I'd go hard after him. One guy who did step up this year. Not sure he'll ever be an NFL starter but if looking for a guy outside Round 1.

Edited by The Jokeman

When discussing QBs I don't see this name brought up in conversations: Jacoby Brissett. Is he eligible for next years draft?

Just looking at the freeze frame that youtube shows... I'd be worried about how he handles the ball. The positioning is rather low and attractive for a DE to get a strip.