I can't stand this mentality

Virgil

This isn't about today's game specifically. And I understand if you hate a certain team and not rooting against your team.

However, I keep seeing posts around the web saying "if we don't make the playoffs, you don't make the playoffs". Basically, if we suck and are miserable, then you should be too.

As a fan who's been miserable for years, shouldn't we be happy for other teams who've missed the playoffs for years and are finally gonna make it again?

If the Jets get in, I'll be happy for them. I'm happy for the Vikings and Texans as well for being able to possibly win their division.

The Pats can go !@#$ themselves.

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

This isn't about today's game specifically. And I understand if you hate a certain team and not rooting against your team.

However, I keep seeing posts around the web saying "if we don't make the playoffs, you don't make the playoffs". Basically, if we suck and are miserable, then you should be too.

As a fan who's been miserable for years, shouldn't we be happy for other teams who've missed the playoffs for years and are finally gonna make it again?

If the Jets get in, I'll be happy for them. I'm happy for the Vikings and Texans as well for being able to possibly win their division.

The Pats can go !@#$ themselves.

Freddie's Ghost is Jerry Sullivan!

I can't believe I just heard this but watching "Sports Talk Sunday" on Channel 2 Jerry Sullivan just said, "I root for the best story and want to see Fitz and Chan win and get in the playoffs!" What an a-hole! I know this game really doesn't matter but to be a member of the buffalo sports "media" and openly want a division rival to beat your home team is incredible to me.

Edited by dubs

I can't believe I just heard this but watching "Sports Talk Sunday" on Channel 2 Jerry Sullivan just said, "I root for the best story and want to see Fitz and Chan win and get in the playoffs!" What an a-hole! I know this game really doesn't matter but to be a member of the buffalo sports "media" and openly want a division rival to beat your home team is incredible to me.

I can't believe you can't believe he said that.

Read the article Dubs. It's on this board. He said as a sports writer for the news he has to remain unbiased in his reporting for journalistic integrity. That's not uncommon comments from any news beat reporter. I'm not by any means a Jerry Sullivan defender, but reading his story, I did agree with several of his comments. I like Gailey and Fitz. We did have weak talent at the time in Buffalo, and the Jets are a more talented team.

I will root for my Bills, and hope we have a commanding win, but if the Jets do win, I'll root for them in the playoffs. If you look at the playoff teams, the only other one to maybe beat the Patriots is the Broncos. I think it is more likely the Jets could beat them in Foxboro.

Go Bills!

Sully is drooling about the piece where chan and fits get in with the jets while Rex doesn't with the bills. Frankly it will probably be some of his better work...