Marrone/Schwartz to Miami? Nope. Gase it is.

YoloinOhio

• Replies 381
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

There is a lot of "anyone other than Rex " going on....Rex has proven he can coach in the league....I think this off season will get us some players to run his defense effectively and buy into his system....

56-58 491%

This is proof that Rex "can coach"?

It's your opinion that it was ineptitude, and an avalanche of public support from the simplistic view that worse than last year means inept coach, and not that there were a multitude of different factors that led to the year that we had. But yeah, Rex Ryan injured Kyle and Aaron Williams, Rex Ryan caused EJ Manuel to blow the game against the Jaguars. Who knows what happened with Mario, but the rest of the line seemed capable of making tackles at least under this "horrible scheme". There are valid reasons why this team is going to be more capable and better next year. Will they for sure? Who knows.

It also amuses me that Doug Marrone could go 6-10 his first year, got a second year and improved the team to 9-7, but with Rex that's UNpossible because he is just too goofy in press conferences!!

Why are you telling another fan what THEY are all about?

There are real reasons why you dont shitcan Rex after year one.....and this is coming from someone who is VERY unhappy with the job he did this year.

Ryan was fired from the Jets for ineptitude. We pulled him out of the dumpster. Neither of you can articulate why you think Rex is a worthy coach for the Bills.

The record will not be as good this year as last, but Rex will have a better first season in Buffalo than Marrone did.

I think both of those scenarios are comparing apples to oranges.

I could argue with all that new 'superior' talent comes time to gel. From my years of watching sports more times than not year two brings the biggest growth area when a lot of new pieces are added.

This team was built to win about 11 games this year. They will win 7-8. The team had nowhere near this much talent a few years back. If they were concerned about the time to gel and adapt they should have offered Schwartz the job to keep the defense rolling. The general consensus was that the defense wouldn't slip under Rex. That ended up being wrong. Edited by Kirby Jackson

He's an average coach. Looking at that most teams either have a guy like a Tomlin, Belechick, Peyton, I'll even throw Lewis in there, coaches who have real good records. So that means most of the remainder must have real bad records as when you add the numbers all up, the total number of wins and losses must equal .500 The Bills and many other teams who keep switching coaches have had many of these, Jauron, Gailey, Williams etc. so actually having a coach with a .500 record is better than probably 25% to 30% of the league.

56-58 491%
This is proof that Rex "can coach"?

I'm not a huge Rex fan, but am objective! Rex was fired because he wore out his welcome and everyone knew something had to change and it made the most sense that it was the coach. I seem to recall the owner stating, he really hated to fire him but basically knew in his heart it was the move that had to be done. He was a coach that took a team as recently as 5 years ago to two league championship games. How many other coaches who were available at the time and definitely indicated an interest they want to be a coach could you say that about besides Rex.

Since you used the word "articulate" in your post, I'd say it was rather in-articulate to describe him as being pulled from a dumpster. Laughable may be a better choice.

Ryan was fired from the Jets for ineptitude. We pulled him out of the dumpster. Neither of you can articulate why you think Rex is a worthy coach for the Bills.

I'm not a huge Rex fan, but am objective! Rex was fired because he wore out his welcome and everyone knew something had to change and it made the most sense that it was the coach. I seem to recall the owner stating, he really hated to fire him but basically knew in his heart it was the move that had to be done. He was a coach that took a team as recently as 5 years ago to two league championship games. How many other coaches who were available at the time and definitely indicated an interest they want to be a coach could you say that about besides Rex.

Since you used the word "articulate" in your post, I'd say it was rather in-articulate to describe him as being pulled from a dumpster. Laughable may be a better choice.

Wore out his welcome? The owner liked the guy because he is likeable. But even Woody Johnson recognized Rex was a flash in the pan as HC. He fired the GM also, by the way....

How many were available? Didn't the Pegulas say they interviewed a dozen guys? There was no shortage of candidates. Rex was dumped....plain and simple.

Can you show me an article where he stated that? Seems I recall Johnson stating he hated to fire him. I'm sure there was a part of Johnson that did agree with you, but he was far from dumped.

So of those dozen candidates who truly had a better resume than Rex?

Listening to the pre-game "Round Table" A rather interesting comment was just made. At the end of last season, no one expected within about a week for the QB to retire and the HC to quit. Historically any team that has to make changes of that magnitude rarely doesn't take a step backwards. So Rex is a good PR machine and promised improvements that never happened. While most coaches wouldn't be yapping as much, that doesn't mean he can or can't coach.

Wore out his welcome? The owner liked the guy because he is likeable. But even Woody Johnson recognized Rex was a flash in the pan as HC. He fired the GM also, by the way....

How many were available? Didn't the Pegulas say they interviewed a dozen guys? There was no shortage of candidates. Rex was dumped....plain and simple.

Correct. People blame the Raiders rushing for us losing that game....we rushed 13 times for 13 yards. The offense lost us the Raiders game more than the defense did.

Go back and watch the game. While our offense didn't do us any favors, Carr (a rookie QB) threw and the rbs ran all over the vaunted Bills Defense for a lot of big plays.

McFadden 9 rushes for 54 yards (25 yard long)

Murray 23 rushes for 86 yards (25 yard long)

Thompkins 5 catches for 90 yards (50 yard long)

Holmes 3 catches for 73 yards (51 yard long)

This was a 2-13 team not including their win to us.

Dareus wasn't hurt this year. And the Oakland Raiders averaged the same Rushing YPA that we allowed all season, they just got more attempts because the offense stunk.

Yes, but your original point was that the defense compared to last year was identical and therefore should have played better. There are a number of differences between this years defense, and last years. It isn't the same, 2 key players were injured most of the year, Mario Williams did less than what he could under this scheme, Searcy left, Spikes left. Out of all of that we netted Darby (thank God for that, anyway).

It's not letting Rex off the hook, it is just much more complicated than - Last Year Good? This Year Bad? Rex suck.

Edited by What a Tuel

Go back and watch the game. While our offense didn't do us any favors, Carr (a rookie QB) threw and ran all over the vaunted Bills Defense for a lot of big plays.

13 rushes for 13 yards and our QB throwing 2 picks. You are not going to win many football games that way. I think maybe I should have said "as much to blame as the defense" rather than more but the Raiders offense only had 347... which was about 30 above par for the season... so the idea it was all on the D is nonsense.

Yes, but your original point was that the defense compared to last year was identical and therefore should have played better. There are a number of differences between this years defense, and last years. It isn't the same, 2 key players were injured most of the year, Mario Williams did less than what he could under this scheme, Searcy left, Spikes left. Out of all of that we netted Darby (thank God for that, anyway).

It's not letting Rex off the hook, it is just much more complicated than - Last Year Good? This Year Bad? Rex suck.

I think my original point is that Dareus is our best defensive player, and losing Kyle and AW is not as bad as losing Dareus.

We had two key players also hurt for much of 2014. We just didn't crumble when they went down.

And the injuries maybe give Rex some more leeway, but it's a case of differing between bad and really bad and awful. Schematically, he really struggled. The degree of which is debatable.

If the Giants fire Coughlin they will likely go after Marrone. Good for the Bills. Sorry, but he is way better than Rex and if Marrone and Hackett, yes Hackett, had this offense with Schwartz handling the defense the team would have 11 wins. To this day I'm amazed at the delusional level belief that Marrone was a bad coach. He will coach again and when he does, I just hope the Bills are winning otherwise there will be serious envy and remorse that he got run out town by the media and fueled by delusional fans.