Marrone/Schwartz to Miami? Nope. Gase it is.

YoloinOhio

• Replies 381
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Yes, yes you will

"We're going to come out of this and learn a ton, hear things we don't want to hear," Mike Tannenbaum on listening to the candidates.

At this point it looks like Tannenbaum is simply guilty of holding on to his Talleywhacker too long.

On the contrary, it was Whaley, Brandon who flew to NY to talk with Pettine and actually hired him. Then given that I also think it was the same two that hired Schwartz. Then they failed this last year when they told the Pegula's to "not let him leave the room" in referring to Rex Ryan.

Marrone gets credit for being an offensive line guru who fielded the very worst line in the league for most of 2014 along with hiring a moron as his OC.

No. This is not true. Coaches build their own staffs. I get that you hate the guy, but let's be real here.

I'm not a Marrone fan, but job #1 of any head coach is building a good staff. Marrone had two opportunities to hire DCs, and he struck gold both times. He genuinely deserves credit for that. If Parcells gets credit for promoting Belichick and bringing him wherever he went (and he should get credit for that), then Marrone should get credit for hiring Pettine and Schwartz.

He also struck out on two of the three most important hires, so there is that. Plus his entire offensive assistant staff. So he gets an A for DC, and an F for OC, and a C or D for ST, and an F for QBC and WR and RB and TE.

He also struck out on two of the three most important hires, so there is that. Plus his entire offensive assistant staff. So he gets an A for DC, and an F for OC, and a C or D for ST, and an F for QBC and WR and RB and TE.

OC and DC are by far and away more important than the rest of them. Where does Donnie Henderson rate?

Cant see marrone going to miami the more that comes out.

but on a side note, if I am swartz, I don't follow marrone anywhere. Last time he did, marrone got $4 million and Swartz got the axe. The only former assistants from that buffalo staff that would follow marrone would maybe be hackett.

I mean really, how can you trust a guy like with your job. Swartz is a good coach, he doesn't need marrone.

OC and DC are by far and away more important than the rest of them. Where does Donnie Henderson rate?

Henderson gets an A. If you are going to give him so much credit for his DC choice you have to also consider he struck out badly at both of the other major hires. That's all I'm saying. So yes, he picked great DC's (although I happen to think they were no brainers) but he failed on more than half of his staff hires. So it's not like you can automatically say he really knows how to build a staff. He doesn't. He built one good staff and two crappy ones.

Henderson gets an A. If you are going to give him so much credit for his DC choice you have to also consider he struck out badly at both of the other major hires. That's all I'm saying. So yes, he picked great DC's (although I happen to think they were no brainers) but he failed on more than half of his staff hires. So it's not like you can automatically say he really knows how to build a staff. He doesn't. He built one good staff and two crappy ones.

As I indicate above, I am very far from being a Marrone fan. I just think that too many people resort to "He sucks!"-type criticism without considering the positives. As for ST, that whole position is overrated. They look great one season and terrible the next. ST performance is truly random. For instance, Jets fans now want to fire Bobby April. At this point, I have no idea whether Crossman is a good or a bad ST coach. The STs looked great last year. And let's not forget that over half of kickoffs end up as touchbacks anyway.

Edited by dave mcbride

Well Saint Doug will fix that! Just punt on 3rd down! #innovative #analytics

@omarkelly

The Dolphins ranked 30th in first downs per game, 30th in third down conversions, and 26th in total yards per game.

Edited by YoloinOhio

As I indicate above, I am very far from being a Marrone fan. I just think that too many people resort to "He sucks!"-type criticism without considering the positives. As for ST, that whole position is overrated. They look great one season and terrible the next. ST performance is truly random. For instance, Jets fans now want to fire Bobby April. At this point, I have no idea whether Crossman is a good or a bad ST coach. The STs looked great last year. And let's not forget that over half of kickoffs end up as touchbacks anyway.

There is absolutely no excuse for a block-in-the-back penalty by the returning team. EVER. Dumbest penalty in sports. I want a ST coach who will bench a player who commits that foul.

His ST unit was great.

His ST unit was great.

It was horrifying the first year and then they purposely drafted special teams guys instead of teaching them. Horrible again this year.

Well Saint Doug will fix that! Just punt on 3rd down! #innovative #analytics

@omarkelly

The Dolphins ranked 30th in first downs per game, 30th in third down conversions, and 26th in total yards per game.

Doug does seem like a guy that would try to improve things by fiddling with his Talleywhacker.