Who thinks the team will play hard tomorrow?

Don't confuse effort with results.

Their time to play hard and show what they're all made of is long gone in this season. But, I guess it'll be a great moral victory to see our guys playing hard to try and save their job for next season, when they can slack off again when it really counts.

That you, Saint Doug?

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Play hard or play well?

Most guys will play hard.

Most guys will play well.

Some guys will play as hard and as well as they can as a chance to audition for next season.

Watching to see whether that's enough to win is going to be interesting, but a Bills victory is doubtful imo.

I think most if not all of the players will put in a strong effort. If not, I'm sure the fans will let them know what they think, loud and clear..

Might be more Jets fans than Bills fans there tomorrow. The Bills are playing enough backups that they could play hard and still not be competitive.

If the Jets lose I think it will be one of the biggest choke jobs of all time. I doubt they recover any time soon.

Edited by norton20

Might be more Jets fans than Bills fans there tomorrow. The Bills are playing enough backups that they could play hard and still not be competitive.

If the Jets lose I think it will be one of the biggest choke jobs of all time. I doubt they recover any time soon.

This is what we need, mentally crush them for next season.

Meaningless game in the cold against a physical defense.

I think they start with good intentions but after a few three and outs, they pack it in early and head for the showers.

My guess is they are down 17 at the half. EJ starts the second half. A steady diet of Boobie, Gileslee, and Hogan in the second half.

Too many injuries. Too much frustration over another lost season.

Ok,bust out the cure albums and the noose already.

They will play tough for a quarter then fold after the first big play by the jets.

Just like the first jets game that the Bills won ?

They will play hard for the first half of the first quarter. Then a miscommunication between Leodis McKelvin and Corey Graham will lead to a long Eric Decker TD, followed by a Boobie Dixon fumble on a -2 yard running play to the outside which sets the Jets up at our 20 yard line for another quick score. Then the wheels will come off. Jerry Hughes will continue to play hard the entire game, before and after the whistle. Tyrod will play hard but with no sense of urgency - I expect four fade passes on 3rd and 2 situations tomorrow.

They are playing for pride. Anyone who mails it in probably won't be here next year. Well, I mean they shouldn't be here next year. Same goes for coaches that can't manage a game.

Might I suggest a change in your avatar then? :unsure:

Just like a few years ago when mario had his boo boo hand? Another Jets rookie starter he was supposed to annihilate all day and couldn't win the match up?

dude wont beat his shadow one on one.

I expect a full effort. But that's just how i roll.

Can't imagine what he's going through right now. Just woke up and getting dressed to go to the stadium and locker room to get taped up and dressed for the game knowing it's his last as a Bill. He's been going through the motions long enough that he's probably not the least bit emotional about it. I don't expect him to show any fire today. Hell, I don't think we'll even see a spark. He stole money from the Pegulas this year.

If they get up early, the effort might continue. Psychologically (human nature), if they get down early, say by 10, the weather and the meaningless nature of the game will result in the proverbial run for the bus. I suspect the Jets to win by 20.

Might I suggest a change in your avatar then? :unsure:

Already on my mind

Can't imagine what he's going through right now. Just woke up and getting dressed to go to the stadium and locker room to get taped up and dressed for the game knowing it's his last as a Bill. He's been going through the motions long enough that he's probably not the least bit emotional about it. I don't expect him to show any fire today. Hell, I don't think we'll even see a spark. He stole money from the Pegulas this year.

Mario? I have little to no expectations from him for this game.

The rest of the team , yes i do. At least play smart and to the whistle.

Hasn't it been the Buffalo way for the last 16 years to pile up meaningless wins? J/k

I want the Bills to win today, and actually want to see how they play. I think it says a lot about Rex today. We know 1 player isn't happy but I want to see if there are more malcontents. The Bills can and should beat the Jets today all things equal.

Most of the players will play hard....an overlooked point is that Fitz has many friends on the Bills, and none of them wants to give him an easy pass....they will play up to ability because they want him to think well of them. I heard a comment by McKelvin around that feeling.....also another I can't attribute about Fitz friends in the Bills org. Face it, Fitz never won the big one for the Bills (or anybody else, actually, cept maybe Harvard) If he wins this one.....good for him. don't want that ,but I am a Bills fan. And, I thought getting Gailey and Fitz back together in NY was a stroke of geneius.......if that new head coach did that, good for him. (I don't think there is anybody else that smart in NY) They were a great pair in Buffalo...(Chan was undone by bad choices in the defensive coaching ranks) ...except they lacked O talent to compliment Chan's system. (Donald Jones, and lots of other guys now out of pro football)

Edited by bigK14094

I think the players will play hard but I don't think the game ends up being close given the amount of injuries we have to key players. It will be a bitter end to a disappointing season watching Fitz and the Jets beat us to get in the playoffs.

yes can we as fans seperate...effort and realizing who's out there. Some of us really struggle with that---guys a back up back up and we expect no performance drop from the starter

This was a big win. Rex didn't lose the locker room. Taylor and Sammie getting better together.

Oh, and all you Bowles, Gailey, Fitz guys, there you go.

They couldn't beat a Bills team missing guys all over the place.

Here here my man.....I look forward to next year when we cut the dead weight