Pettine officially fired by Browns; Marrone to interview

YoloinOhio

Nate Ulrich @NateUlrichABJ

#Browns owner Jimmy Haslam said he, wife Dee, consultant, Sashi Brown will hire coach. Then coach will help hire GM.

Chris Trapasso Retweeted

Nate Ulrich @NateUlrichABJ 8m8 minutes ago

#Browns owner Jimmy Haslam said new GM will report to Sashi Brown and coach will report to Haslam.

Nate Ulrich @NateUlrichABJ 10m10 minutes ago

#Browns owner Jimmy Haslam: Sashi Brown will have final say on 53-man roster, handle salary cap. GM will focus on talent acquisition, scouts

Who does Manziel report to?

• Replies 290
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Who does Manziel report to?

#Browns owner Jimmy Haslam said he's not sure whether report of Johnny Manziel traveling to Las Vegas is true.

Peter King @SI_PeterKing 6m6 minutes ago

Peter King Retweeted Adam Caplan

Hmmm. Hope the new coach likes analytics.

#Browns owner Jimmy Haslam promotes executive VP, general counsel Sashi Brown to executive VP of football operations.

Alex Marvez @alexmarvez 3m3 minutes ago

So @Browns already have limited scope of their coaching search by giving Sashi Brown control over 53-man roster. The #100yearwar continues

Michael Silver @MikeSilver 5m5 minutes ago

Michael Silver Retweeted Mary Kay Cabot

Hint to Haslam: Don't ask a homeless guy who to draft

Mary Kay Cabot Verified account @MaryKayCabot

#Browns Haslam: "We have not been good at talent acquisition" GM's primary job will be talent acquisition

Edited by Reed83HOF

Browns owner Jimmy Haslman says Sashi Brown, not the man they ultimately hire to be GM, will have the final say over the Cleveland roster.

Wtf will the GM do

Tom Pelissero @TomPelissero 1m1 minute ago

Haslam on Sashi Brown: "He will have the ultimate say on the roster." So the "GM" will not decide who's on the team or who the coach is.

LOL I know

Browns owner Jimmy Haslman says Sashi Brown, not the man they ultimately hire to be GM, will have the final say over the Cleveland roster.

Wtf will the GM do

No kidding. Since when does a coach help hire a gm? I cant imagine they are going attract any top prospects with their trainwreck of an organization.

Every time we think we are the worst; there is always someone worse...

Before the NFL allows the sale of a franchise, they need to vet the competency of the owners...I feel bad for the Browns fans....

Edit:

Scott Petrak ct @ScottPetrak 4m4 minutes ago

#Browns owner Jimmy Haslam said report that Doug Marrone will be first coach interviewed is not correct.

Edited by Reed83HOF

God, the Browns are the perfect situation for St. Doug. It would take a miracle to make that team successful. And when he fails, well, what did you expect, a miracle? Plus the Browns have basically been running the Marrone offense for several years. A handful of passing plays mixed in with the two-yard slam. It's a cosmic fit.

Nate Ulrich @NateUlrichABJ

#Browns owner Jimmy Haslam said he, wife Dee, consultant, Sashi Brown will hire coach. Then coach will help hire GM.

Chris Trapasso Retweeted

Nate Ulrich @NateUlrichABJ 8m8 minutes ago

#Browns owner Jimmy Haslam said new GM will report to Sashi Brown and coach will report to Haslam.

#Browns owner Jimmy Haslam: Sashi Brown will have final say on 53-man roster, handle salary cap. GM will focus on talent acquisition, scouts

HUH? Brown, who has never scouted to my knowledge, will have final say on the roster? And the GM, who is in charge of acquiring talent, will have to report to Brown, who has never scouted personnel, to make a final decision on players he acquires. Meanwhile, the coach will report directly to the owner? Is it just me or does that make no sense at all?

No kidding. Since when does a coach help hire a gm? I cant imagine they are going attract any top prospects with their trainwreck of an organization.

I think he is their Czar.

I have no idea how the Czar structure works, but maybe he just holds veto power?

HUH? Brown, who has never scouted to my knowledge, will have final say on the roster? And the GM, who is in charge of acquiring talent, will have to report to Brown, who has never scouted personnel, to make a final decision on players he acquires. Meanwhile, the coach will report directly to the owner? Is it just me or does that make no sense at all?

haha. this does seem like a mess. Doesn't the NFL provide help to new owners in terms of structuring FO, etc. ? This seems to be unorthodox.

I think he is their Czar.

I have no idea how the Czar structure works, but maybe he just holds veto power?

haha. this does seem like a mess. Doesn't the NFL provide help to new owners in terms of structuring FO, etc. ? This seems to be unorthodox.

They must not provide anything but an address for sending fees of various sorts. We've had it bad at times, but this Cleveland mess is next level. #prayforbrownsfans

Either they're nuts or they think Brown is their Billy Beane and they are going to go find their Theo Epstein to be the GM.

Honestly, if you're going to go whole hog into the analytics thing it sort of has to be this way. Brown is the analytics minded guy who is charged with finding a coach who can deal with that. When they have the coach and their scheme they go find the GM who meshes with both of them to shop for the groceries. It's a little backwards, but only if the GM candidates you want to talk to are all connected to playoff teams and your coaches aren't. For example, Chip Kelly's an analytics guy and if you wait until February he'll be gone. Get him in the fold and then find a GM everyone can work with.