Jets--they really aren't much, if at all better than Bills

Big Turk

LOL. Wait, so are the Bills almost as good as the Jets or are the Jets a disaster also? I'm just trying to see what nonsense it is you're arguing here. Because if you think the Bills are a disaster what does that make the Jets?

#6 in total defense

#8 in total offense

10-5 W/L record.

You're coming off pretty foolish. No matter what happens this Sunday - the Jets have had an excellent season. We all hate the Jets/Pats/Fins, there's no reason to have idiotic arguments about how much better we are when it just isn't true.

Could you imagine if roles were reversed and a Jets fan came on here saying they were better than us at 7-8? LMAO. I'd love to know your response.

Well as it stands right now, we have already gone into the Jets' house and beat them. So right there is a provable argument that we are better.

The best they can do is beat us this Sunday, thus tying the record for 2015 at 1-1.

In a head to head match up, we are better, and at worst the same.

If we beat them twice this year, and spoil their playoff chances, then there is no argument and we are certainly the better team.

• Replies 180
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well as it stands right now, we have already gone into the Jets' house and beat them. So right there is a provable argument that we are better.

The best they can do is beat us this Sunday, thus tying the record for 2015 at 1-1.

In a head to head match up, we are better, and at worst the same.

If we beat them twice this year, and spoil their playoff chances, then there is no argument and we are certainly the better team.

Divisional rivalries aren't as simple as Team A beat Team B therefore Team A is better. The 6-10 Rams were not better than the 12-4 NFC Champion Hawks last season, and they aren't this season. The 5-10 Ravens led by Mallett are not better than the Steelers this season. Sometimes teams, despite how bad they are, play a divisional rival tough. Again, if a Jets fan came on here stating what some are stating, they would be laughed off the site.

Gotta love the never ending optimism of the homers on this site. No objectivity here.

Hence the origins of this thread. Only in the Homer Universe would you find people who think that Rex is anything other than a lousy head coach, or that Rex's departure from the Jets wasn't beneficial to the Jets, or that the 10-5 Jets are somehow equal to or worse than the 7-8 Buffalo Bills, or that the two games against different opponents make all the difference between the two teams' years. In these people's minds Rex is an upper level head coach and the Bills are a playoff team that only missed the playoffs because of their schedule and injuries. Never mind that the Bills could only muster a 4-4 record against the two worst divisions in football (with losses to Jacksonville on a neutral field and an Eagles team in disarray), or that they pissed away the KC game, had to struggle to beat a horrendous Titans team, lead the league in penalties, have seen their defense go from elite to porous, lead the league in 3 and outs, and only beat the Jets the first time by 5 points despite winning the turnover battle 4-0.

Divisional rivalries aren't as simple as Team A beat Team B therefore Team A is better. The 6-10 Rams were not better than the 12-4 NFC Champion Hawks last season, and they aren't this season. The 5-10 Ravens led by Mallett are not better than the Steelers this season. Sometimes teams, despite how bad they are, play a divisional rival tough. Again, if a Jets fan came on here stating what some are stating, they would be laughed off the site.

I'm completely done and over this disappointing 2015 Bills team, but if they pull out a win on Sunday and beat the Jets twice in a season, we are better than the Jets. They might end up with a slightly better overall record, but when comparing the 2 teams, you can't ignore the head to head record.

I'm completely done and over this disappointing 2015 Bills team, but if they pull out a win on Sunday and beat the Jets twice in a season, we are better than the Jets. They might end up with a slightly better overall record, but when comparing the 2 teams, you can't ignore the head to head record.

Thus sayeth the Ravens and the Rams, two teams with a combined record of 12-18. Perhaps the Rams should petition the NFL to take the Seahawks place in the playoffs.

Sometimes teams just matchup against another team and can beat them. Head to head record only counts in tie-breakers. Any sensible person would judge the Jets as a better team than the Bills this year no matter what happens Sunday.

Head on out to OBD with your torch and pitchfork. Wah Wah Wah....Blah Blah Blah. 11-5? The Jest haven't made anything yet. If you don't think good health/injuries play a major role in the NFL among other factors, then we have nothing to discuss.

Well it's definitely a talking point from OBD. I like how Rex mentions them at EVERY press conference before saying that they're no excuse. lol.

The people arguing the Bills are better are fixated on how talent should perform on paper. In reality the Jets are a well coached well organised team with players buying in both sides of the ball playing complimentary football. The Bills are a clueless bunch of individuals running around in the fashion to which the loud mouth idiot of a Head Coach is accustomed.

The irony will not be lost on Gang Green this Sunday. Fire Rex Ryan.

How's this: Buffalo and New York are both good teams. One got more bounces than the other this year, and that's been the difference.

The original assertion was that they're not THAT much better, let alone 3 games better. I agree with that. I wouldn't trade the Bills roster for the Jets. No way. No how.

I AGREE with Big Cat! Wow! Our roster is better. I DISAGREE with Big Cat.....coaching is why we are worse

That's exactly what I'm telling you. It's what many others on this board and elsewhere are telling you too. Your choice to not believe me/them is precisely that.

Oh my Big Cat and I agree again. Spikes was a big part of the D last year. I think he was an important leader too with a winning attitude.

Hence the origins of this thread. Only in the Homer Universe would you find people who think that Rex is anything other than a lousy head coach, or that Rex's departure from the Jets wasn't beneficial to the Jets, or that the 10-5 Jets are somehow equal to or worse than the 7-8 Buffalo Bills, or that the two games against different opponents make all the difference between the two teams' years. In these people's minds Rex is an upper level head coach and the Bills are a playoff team that only missed the playoffs because of their schedule and injuries. Never mind that the Bills could only muster a 4-4 record against the two worst divisions in football (with losses to Jacksonville on a neutral field and an Eagles team in disarray), or that they pissed away the KC game, had to struggle to beat a horrendous Titans team, lead the league in penalties, have seen their defense go from elite to porous, lead the league in 3 and outs, and only beat the Jets the first time by 5 points despite winning the turnover battle 4-0.

Well said!!

The people arguing the Bills are better are fixated on how talent should perform on paper. In reality the Jets are a well coached well organised team with players buying in both sides of the ball playing complimentary football. The Bills are a clueless bunch of individuals running around in the fashion to which the loud mouth idiot of a Head Coach is accustomed.

Yep!

This

There is a very fine line dividing the NFL teams in terms of talent. A few plays here and there and the smartness of the teams separates the pretenders and contenders. The Jets are contenders because they have played SMART football with the same talent level as possibly the Bills. Remember the Jets are ranked #1 against the Run, forcing opposing teams to throw against a HOF CB.