Jets--they really aren't much, if at all better than Bills

Big Turk

• Replies 180
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Gotta love the never ending optimism of the homers on this site. No objectivity here.

You have a real football point to make about how great the Jets are?

Cool. How many playoff games do they need to win for you to admit that they are good?

Let's see if they even make it by beating a wounded and disaster of a Buffalo Bills team this Sunday.

You're argument is very stupid in regards to who the Jets have beat. They've beat a majority of the teams on their schedule. 2 of which have winning records.(Washington, New England)

Who have the Chiefs beaten? The Bengals?

This conversation is pointless. The Jets could make it to the Superbowl or AFC Championship game and you'd still say the Jets suck.

I understand its hard to admit the Jets are a better team, but those are the facts.

Stupid arguments don't sway me. Try again.

You're argument is very stupid in regards to who the Jets have beat. They've beat a majority of the teams on their schedule. 2 of which have winning records.(Washington, New England)

Who have the Chiefs beaten? The Bengals?

This conversation is pointless. The Jets could make it to the Superbowl or AFC Championship game and you'd still say the Jets suck.

I understand its hard to admit the Jets are a better team, but those are the facts.

Yes. And the Bills are better then the Jets.

And the Jets are better than the patriots so therefore, the Bills are better than the patriots and are essentially SB champs.

Q.E.D.

When did I say the Jets are on the level of Arizona and Carolina? I said they are a good team that can compete with any team in the playoffs...and they will when they get there.

How's this: Buffalo and New York are both good teams. One got more bounces than the other this year, and that's been the difference.

The original assertion was that they're not THAT much better, let alone 3 games better. I agree with that. I wouldn't trade the Bills roster for the Jets. No way. No how.
Edited by The Big Cat

The Jets made great off season moves:

Darrelle Revis
Buster Skrine
Antonio Cromartie
Marcus Gilchrist

Brandon Marshall
Ryan Fitzpatrick
James Carpenter

Some of the moves were huge, some were quiet, but all paid off nicely. The Jets are a much better team than last year because of those moves. And even with Revis being the high price piece, they have improved their record because their offense is much better.

The Jets are a good team, not great, but good.

Edited by ricojes

You have a real football point to make about how great the Jets are?

Let's see if they even make it by beating a wounded and disaster of a Buffalo Bills team this Sunday.

LOL. Wait, so are the Bills almost as good as the Jets or are the Jets a disaster also? I'm just trying to see what nonsense it is you're arguing here. Because if you think the Bills are a disaster what does that make the Jets?

#6 in total defense

#8 in total offense

10-5 W/L record.

You're coming off pretty foolish. No matter what happens this Sunday - the Jets have had an excellent season. We all hate the Jets/Pats/Fins, there's no reason to have idiotic arguments about how much better we are when it just isn't true.

Could you imagine if roles were reversed and a Jets fan came on here saying they were better than us at 7-8? LMAO. I'd love to know your response.

Lol.

Yes, never mind the rest of the teams they play.

They're a tough matchup for the Steelers. I don't know why, but being from WPA, I assure you that 90% of my friends will tell you it's because Harbaugh has Tomlin's number. Does that make them a better team? May be. Probably not. But if the Bills beat NYJ on Sunday, you can't just dismiss a season sweep.

Edited by The Big Cat

LOL. Wait, so are the Bills almost as good as the Jets or are the Jets a disaster also? I'm just trying to see what nonsense it is you're arguing here. Because if you think the Bills are a disaster what does that make the Jets?

#6 in total defense

#8 in total offense

10-5 W/L record.

You're coming off pretty foolish. No matter what happens this Sunday - the Jets have had an excellent season. We all hate the Jets/Pats/Fins, there's no reason to have idiotic arguments about how much better we are when it just isn't true.

Could you imagine if roles were reversed and a Jets fan came on here saying they were better than us at 7-8? LMAO. I'd love to know your response.

I'm telling you that those numbers and their record are largely a product of a soft schedule. If you think that's foolish you're certainly entitled to your opinion. I know a good football team when I see one and the Jets are mediocre with a strong defense. They remind me of the 13-3 Bears under Dick Jauron who showed themselves to be a one and done playoff fraud.

Look at this NYJ schedule and tell me WTH is so impressive: http://www.newyorkjets.com/schedule/season-schedule.html

Edited by 26CornerBlitz

I'm telling you that those numbers and their record is largely a product of a soft schedule. If you think that's foolish you're certainly entitled to your opinion. I know a good football team when I see one and the Jets are mediocre with a strong defense. They remind me of the 13-3 Bears under Dick Jauron who showed themselves to be a one and done playoff fraud.

Look at this NYJ schedule and tell me WTH is so impressive: http://www.newyorkjets.com/schedule/season-schedule.html

I've had this exact thought. I believe you and I will be vindicated 12 months from now when it becomes clear.

The Jets have had gotten A LOT of luck this year, not least of which was losing their starting QB in a locker room fight. Folks. GENO SMITH WAS THEIR STARTER.

Fitz over Geno alone is worth four wins. And that's not an exaggeration.

Lol. Because its not true. The Jets were the better football team this year and the difference has been consistency which has A LOT to do with coaching. Our defense was inconsistent and underutilized all year in large part due to coaching. Can't say the same about the New York Jets.

Trade rosters? No. I wouldn't trade rosters. Fitz is having a great year but it won't last and we have just as much talent if not more then they do.....which is why this season is so disappointing.

No, it has a lot to do with TALENT, specifically on defense. The Bills' front seven is TREMENDOUSLY hamstrung by lousy LB's. And as much as Bills fans want to sweat our defensive line, theirs has been just as good and played to billing this year. Funny, they played well last year too when Rex was there...hmmm.

The difference is the Jets went from 28th in points to 10th. THAT'S the difference. Fitz has had a year unlike any other year he's ever had, and that's do in large part to Brandon Marshal.

What you're seeing this year is what could have happened in Buffalo if Chan could have found a DC to do...anything in 2011 and 2012 AND if everything trends their way.

So if you think that a Ryan Fitzpatrick-led offense is poised to finish top-10 consistently, by all means. As a Bills fan, you should know the Fitz market has a tendency to normalize and more than likely that pendulum will swing back next year...because they're not that good.