Jets--they really aren't much, if at all better than Bills

Big Turk

• Replies 180
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There are a lot of very good football minds on this board but they seldom universally agree on anything. Doesn't mean they aren't still knowledgeable fans even when they disagree. Football is a game with an oblonged shaped ball that takes crazy bounces assuring no expert ever gets it totally right.

I wonder which experts would be crowing right now if that last deep Jets pass had deflected into the receiver's hands!

The people arguing the Bills are better are fixated on how talent should perform on paper. In reality the Jets are a well coached well organised team with players buying in both sides of the ball playing complimentary football. The Bills are a clueless bunch of individuals running around in the fashion to which the loud mouth idiot of a Head Coach is accustomed.

The irony will not be lost on Gang Green this Sunday. Fire Rex Ryan.

The irony, indeed... :nana:

The Jets formulated and executed a very sound strategy this offseason:

1) Hire a coach who could make the most out of the team's core asset (the defense), without too much tinkering.

2) Hire a veteran offensive coordinator and pair him with a veteran QB.

3) Surround that veteran QB with tall receiving options, a friendly passing game, and a solid offensive line.

4) Add a few key pieces to the defense and offense.

The Jets' organization is running smoothly right now with everyone on the same page, and they're soundly executing the strategic plan they came up with.

Contrast that with the Bills... where to begin.

2) Their intention from day 1 of preseason and training camp wasn't to "pair Chan with Fitz." This was only helped by Geno getting punched in the face. They lucked out with that one.

4) A FEW good pieces? LOL. Brandon Marshall, Antonio Cromartie, Darrelle Revis, Buster Skrine aren't "just a few good pieces."

The best move they've made was hiring Mike Maccagnan as their new GM.

2) Their intention from day 1 of preseason and training camp wasn't to "pair Chan with Fitz." This was only helped by Geno getting punched in the face. They lucked out with that one.

4) A FEW good pieces? LOL. Brandon Marshall, Antonio Cromartie, Darrelle Revis, Buster Skrine aren't "just a few good pieces."

The best move they've made was hiring Mike Maccagnan as their new GM.

Absolutely -- especially since it had the ancillary benefit of moving Tannenbaum to the Dolphins so he can destroy another divisional rival's roster.

• 4 weeks later...

@JetsInsider

Woody Johnson: #Jets “easily” could have beaten #Bills if they completed more passes: http://goo.gl/sCmMYI

Well, cry me a river. How about if their D allowed a few less completions or runs? Any team that loses a game can typically say the same, it often comes down to 3-4 plays.

Interesting, though, in view of the explicit comments on "if we had better QB play" and of Woody's comments on Geno Smith "He has all the skills. It’s a question of what his desire is,” Jets owner Woody Johnson said Thursday at the ‘Jets House’ in Manhattan. “From what the coaches have told me, and what I’ve seen myself, I think he’s matured a lot and he’s working his game."

I wonder if this is a "tell" that the Jets won't resign Fitzpatrick. If so, look for him to be highly popular with QB-starved teams. Edit: haha, I wonder if Bill O'Brien would like him back

Edited by Hopeful

Well, cry me a river. How about if their D allowed a few less completions or runs? Any team that loses a game can typically say the same, it often comes down to 3-4 plays.

Interesting, though, in view of the explicit comments on "if we had better QB play" and of Woody's comments on Geno Smith "He has all the skills. Its a question of what his desire is, Jets owner Woody Johnson said Thursday at the Jets House in Manhattan. From what the coaches have told me, and what Ive seen myself, I think hes matured a lot and hes working his game."

I wonder if this is a "tell" that the Jets won't resign Fitzpatrick. If so, look for him to be highly popular with QB-starved teams. Edit: haha, I wonder if Bill O'Brien would like him back

geno or Fitz. Fitz or geno. Keep spinning yo wheels Woody my man.

Interesting, though, in view of the explicit comments on "if we had better QB play" and of Woody's comments on Geno Smith "He has all the skills. It’s a question of what his desire is,” Jets owner Woody Johnson said Thursday at the ‘Jets House’ in Manhattan. “From what the coaches have told me, and what I’ve seen myself, I think he’s matured a lot and he’s working his game."

I think they are trying to drive Fitzy's price tag down. This is his last contract, IMO. He'll be going for one last big one.