Polian Willing to Help Bills, But Doesn't Want Czar Role

26CornerBlitz

• Replies 335
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The quotes on Jim Leonhard are pretty awesome.

Well, Preston crapped the bed this year in that respect. Rex and Whaley tried to get a couple of Jets in here to fill that role, but it just didn't work out.

Edited by Nanker

For those who say no then I guess you want more of the same. This guy (Polian) has 3 teams that he literally built from the ground up. Ive been screaming for a consultant t for 5 years now. Its time do what needs to be done. In the process we will see alot of trash sent packing and very well may suffer for a few more years and then the uphill trek will start.

The LT, LG and C are all legitimately good players. Not a single one of them is so old that it's problematic.

Polian should've just said the right side of the line is terrible and needs fixing. Then he'd have actually sounded clued in on this subject.

Polian is going to talk in vague terms until he gets paid. And many things will be discussed behind closed doors that we will never hear about.

They need runners. And tight ends who don't get hurt

And a top notch training staff the helps prevent these injuries. Look at Clays latest injury, he was just running a simple route. Edited by billsfan_34

Let me preface this by saying, I'm as big a fan of what Polian did for the Bills and in the NFL as anyone.

When I first heard this I got excited.

After, reading and digesting, I think it would be a mistake.

The comments he made are puzzling.

Not in favor of it, and I'm thinking it would mean firing Whaley and Rex, the latter not so negative on.

I'm just thinking so much of the problem this year was coaching, injuries and crappy luck on calls at the wrong time.

I'm thinking instead of a huge personnel overhaul and a puzzling blueprint from Polian we need to make the RIGHT moves.

That means to me keeping Whaley and admitting Rex was a mistake and biting the bullet on the money.

Oh and work on the injury problem this offseason

IMO

Edited by The Thurmanator

Let me preface this by saying, I'm as big a fan of what Polian did for the Bills and in the NFL as anyone.

When I first heard this I got excited.

After, reading and digesting, I think it would be a mistake.

The comments he made are puzzling.

Not in favor of it, and I'm thinking it would mean firing Whaley and Rex, the latter not so negative on.

I'm just thinking so much of the problem this year was coaching, injuries and crappy luck on calls at the wrong time.

I'm thinking instead of a huge personnel overhaul and a puzzling blueprint from Polian we need to make the RIGHT moves.

That means to me keeping Whaley and admitting Rex was a mistake and biting the bullet on the money.

Oh and work on the injury problem this offseason

IMO

Many valid and calculated points you make. And maybe if Polian/Wolf or another consultant comes in and has access to everything he comes to the same conclusion. The one contant is 16 years of losing and that tells me, IMO, that the business model is broken. We habitually hire the wrong coach, have more injuries than other teams on average through the years, and reach for players in the draft. We do some things well here and there too but its not enough. The culture needs a change and Pegs, I believe, recognizes that. Its time for people like Littman, Overdorf, and Brandon to really get a thorough evaluation along with everyone in between. Edited by billsfan_34

Many valid and calculated points you make. And maybe if Polian/Wolf or another consultant comes in and has access to everything he comes to the same conclusion. The one contant is 16 years of losing and that tells me, IMO, that the business model is broken. We habitually hire the wrong coach, have more injuries than other teams on average through the years, and reach for players in the draft. We do some things well here and there too but its not enough. The culture needs a change and Pegs, I believe, recognizes that. Its time for people like Littman, Overdorf, and Brandon to really get a thorough evaluation along with everyone in between.

Yep. When I heard that Brandon told Pegula not to let Rex out of the building it smacks of a problem. This guy is the marketing/PR guy and should not have that strong a belief in his ability to advise about such matters. Makes me wonder what else is going on in the building. Marrone complained about the lifers too.

Many valid and calculated points you make. And maybe if Polian/Wolf or another consultant comes in and has access to everything he comes to the same conclusion. The one contant is 16 years of losing and that tells me, IMO, that the business model is broken. We habitually hire the wrong coach, have more injuries than other teams on average through the years, and reach for players in the draft. We do some things well here and there too but its not enough. The culture needs a change and Pegs, I believe, recognizes that. Its time for people like Littman, Overdorf, and Brandon to really get a thorough evaluation along with everyone in between.

This x100. Havent had outside eyes to assess this organization in forever and they are mired in neutral. Putting Polian's record and accomplishments against the entire Bills organization combined, I cant believe anyone wouldnt welcome his advice.

Yep. When I heard that Brandon told Pegula not to let Rex out of the building it smacks of a problem. This guy is the marketing/PR guy and should not have that strong a belief in his ability to advise about such matters. Makes me wonder what else is going on in the building. Marrone complained about the lifers too.

Me too!

Polian offering his services publicly seems strange, but it'd be hard for Pegula from a PR perspective to decline.

I know a lot of fans love Doug Whaley, but there's clearly a major conflict between the GM and HC as evidenced by some personnel decisions during and just after camp.

What's needed is an honest assessment of the team and personalities involved building the roster and Polian is someone Pegula clearly trust.

Regardless, something needs to change at OBD because there's so much negative energy right now.

Polian knows what he is talking about

"Fix the offensive line, which he calls “aging and unathletic.” Add a receiver to complement Sammy Watkins. Get a true backup to quarterback Tyrod Taylor and draft a QB of the future."

absolutely agree 100%

Edited by papazoid