Polian Willing to Help Bills, But Doesn't Want Czar Role

26CornerBlitz

• Replies 335
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The only part of his critique offered in the piece that I question is the "aging and unathletic" line. The OL actually moves pretty well and most of the guys are relatively young with the notable exception of Incognitio. The right side of the line is in need of upgrades obviously.

Agreed, I edited to add that on the OLine. This is just roster talk. I'd love to hear what he says about coaching and front office. Especially coaching!

He left us for Carolina, then went to Indy to work for a madman. Don't know if we want his "help??"

Stop writing revisionist history. He never left he was fired by Wilson, mainly for saying Wilson's daughter shouldn't be a scout for the team.

The only two guys on the OL who are "aging" are wood and incognito. They are pretty good IMO and not what needs fixed (RG, RT - both really young). Struck me as odd.

Btw Polian and Carucci are close friends so that's how he got the interview, I respect Polian's work but he's not coming back to consult in any real "role" - he is done working for any team. That's not my opinion, that is something I know.

Edited by YoloinOhio

Agreed, I edited to add that on the OLine. This is just roster talk. I'd love to hear what he says about coaching and front office. Especially coaching!

He pretty much did later in the article.

And what of the many problems with players struggling to learn or flat-out rejecting Ryan’s defensive scheme?

His answer will no doubt be music to the ears of Mario Williams, Jerry Hughes, Marcell Dareus, Preston Brown, and other players who have openly questioned the defense’s fit for those who have to play it.

“You need veterans to make that defense work,” Polian said. “First of all, the players thrived in another system – in a simple, straight forward, very easy to understand, very easy to communicate system where there was constant repetition of the same thing, over and over again, taught in a very straight-forward way.

And the techniques were geared toward what the players could do, what their skill sets were, and the plans were constructed around the players and what they could do.

The only two guys on the OL who are "aging" are wood and incognito. They are pretty good IMO and not what needs fixed (RG, RT - both really young). Struck me as odd.

Btw Polian and Carucci are close friends so that's how he got the interview, I respect Polian's work but he's not coming back to consult in any real "role" - he is done working for any team. That's not my opinion, that is something I know.

And urbik if he's a starter. So either 40% or 60%, which isn't crazy to note