Polian Willing to Help Bills, But Doesn't Want Czar Role

26CornerBlitz

@viccarucci

Bill Polian willing to lend a hand to help #Bills end 16-year playoff drought: http://bit.ly/1OjezEA

Bill Polian hates what Buffalo Bills fans have had to endure for 16 years in a row. He feels their pain, their heartache, their utter frustration.

And when any of them asks the former Bills general manager and Pro Football Hall of Fame member what their team needs to do to finally end its postseason drought – whether it’s during his weekly show on SiriusXM NFL Radio or in an airport – he won’t hesitate to offer his thoughts.

Fix the offensive line, which he calls “aging and unathletic.” Add a receiver to complement Sammy Watkins. Get a true backup to quarterback Tyrod Taylor and draft a QB of the future.

Polian, who resides in North Carolina, said by phone Wednesday he’s willing to provide far more detailed and comprehensive analysis directly to the Bills, but only on a consulting basis. He also made it clear that the Bills, with whom he began a long and illustrious NFL career, are the only team for which he would be a consultant.

Edited by 26CornerBlitz

• Replies 335
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

16 years out and you'd turn down a consultant? Babies born during the 1999 season are now driving cars. That's a long time. Why would you turn down help?

I honestly think the game has passed him by and I don't think he was as infallible as some Bills fans want to romanticize he was.

I have no problem with the Pegulas seeking help, just don't think Polian is the best person out there. As to who that is exactly, I'm not sure.

GO BILLS!!!

As long as his consulting isn't "hire my son" I would be OK with it. As much as I liked Rex before he came here I cannot wait to get him out of here. I think Polian would recommend that.

That is my concern. That he would insist that Chris should be the "football csar." Chris is a good scout, he's not GM material, let alone csar material.

GO BILLS!!!

Does that equate to sixteen years? :sick:

It's like dog minutes.

If Polian is willing to give input, only a fool wouldn't listen. Yeah, the plan sounds obvious, but I'd love to hear the specifics. There's no requirement to do it as he suggests, but what exactly do we have to lose?

I do wonder about the OLine being aging and un-athletic. Who's the old guy? Richie??? Maybe not the best athletes though.

Edited by Augie

It's like dog minutes.

If Polian is willing to give input, only a fool wouldn't listen. Yeah, the plan sounds obvious, but I'd love to hear the specifics. There's no requirement to do it as he suggests, but what exactly do we have to lose?

The only part of his critique offered in the piece that I question is the "aging and unathletic" line. The OL actually moves pretty well and most of the guys are relatively young with the notable exception of Incognitio. The right side of the line is in need of upgrades obviously.

I read the article. Wow, Polian did not hold back. More things that will cause more division. Interesting points about the o-line (aging and not athletic), a roster with too many 30+ year old players, and Taylor not being the long-tern answer. Not sure what to make of this mess, but things seem to be spinning out of control.