Polian Willing to Help Bills, But Doesn't Want Czar Role

26CornerBlitz

• Replies 335
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

He did by saying too many 30+ year old guys and only one pro bowler. Also was critical of Clay's and Shady's price tag. All shots at personnel and Whaley IMO.

Yep, shots at Whaley. Polian likes Marrone, so, his opinion means nothing to me at this point in his career.

All playoff teams! Veteran leadership needed.

@mikerodak

Mike Rodak Retweeted Vic Carucci

Polian notes how BUF has 9 players who are 30+ and how that could lead NFL, but NE, CIN, AZ, DEN have just as many.

But, those teams arent good.

This x100. Havent had outside eyes to assess this organization in forever and they are mired in neutral. Putting Polian's record and accomplishments against the entire Bills organization combined, I cant believe anyone wouldnt welcome his advice.

That we know of, anyway. Considering how methodical the Pegula's were in buying the Bills, including retaining consultants, I cannot believe they don't have people still advising them. It's just not public knowledge.

Don't be so sure this is gonna happen.

And there is no clear or major conflict between Doug and Rex.

Polian might be trusted, but only to a degree by Pegulas.

The only real negative energy emanating from the locker room seems to be from a player who is on his way out.

jw

Sounds about right.

Thanks for the insight Mr Wawrow.

I would hope this can settle folks down a little bit after a rough season.

Happy Holidays JW

Exactly - the last thing we need is another level of management that may spin us into some other direction that NO ONE agrees with (even if the current direction doesn't appear to be working at the moment).

Loved the quote: You can win with Tyrod if the other pieces are good, Polian said. If there are six or seven Pro Bowlers at other positions, you can win with Tyrod. But hes not the quarterback of the future. Hes not Jim Kelly, and, although he doesnt have the same track record, hes probably comparable to Frank Reich. But hes not 6-feet-4 like Frank Reich. Hes small and hes going to get hurt, and he did."

Tyrod isn't Jim Kelly!? Nooooo. And please, who in the league current IS comparable to Jimbo? That's what I thought...

My thought on this was geepers, I think we had 7 or 8 pro bowlers last year before Rex.

did you see the scouting report about leonhard in the other thread?

the best part, imo, was the part noticing errors. "jim does not make errors."

senility has set in.

if he gives advice some one with football operations exp better filter his thoughts.

Be careful Kim and Terry. lets not make it worse

and yes it could be

You do know that Ralph fired him, cause he fought back with Ralph.

No. He got fired for calling Ralph's daughter a beyotch. Grant it, he didn't care for Linda Bogdan being a Bills scout. But Carlton Bailey was one of her gets. Don't know how many duds were hers. Edited by PromoTheRobot

I have no doubt Bill is discrediting Whaley at least in part with the agenda to get Chris another GM role. He was fired 3 years ago, and no buzz whatsoever on another GM gig. Though there was buzz last year that he and Marrone would be a package deal in 2016.

This whole Polian thing is lame if you ask me...

Pegs is smart enough...If I'm the Bills owner there is no way I'm getting rid of Whaley unless I have a major-viable replacement, and there's no way I'm keeping Rex...

I just think Whaley has to be reined in a bit...My conversation with him would be something like..."I don't want to hear about being in purgatory, I just want to hear how we're going to get out of it..."

As far as Rex is concerned the worry that it could actually get a lot worse before it gets better trumps my belief that he can fix it fast enough...I don't believe in the guys ability as a HC anymore...I thought he would be a nice fit...I was dead wrong... B-)

I just think Whaley has to be reined in a bit...My conversation with him would be something like..."I don't want to hear about being in purgatory, I just want to hear how we're going to get out of

How about getting a free agent QB that was named a pro bowl alternate after 12 starts?

This whole Polian thing is lame if you ask me...

Pegs is smart enough...If I'm the Bills owner there is no way I'm getting rid of Whaley unless I have a major-viable replacement, and there's no way I'm keeping Rex...

I just think Whaley has to be reined in a bit...My conversation with him would be something like..."I don't want to hear about being in purgatory, I just want to hear how we're going to get out of it..."

As far as Rex is concerned the worry that it could actually get a lot worse before it gets better trumps my belief that he can fix it fast enough...I don't believe in the guys ability as a HC anymore...I thought he would be a nice fit...I was dead wrong... B-)

What do you mean reined in a bit? How and why? Has he stepped out of the GM boundries?

Edited by nucci

Yep. When I heard that Brandon told Pegula not to let Rex out of the building it smacks of a problem. This guy is the marketing/PR guy and should not have that strong a belief in his ability to advise about such matters. Makes me wonder what else is going on in the building. Marrone complained about the lifers too.

Agreed!! Brandon shouldn't be involved in any decisions regarding football!! I would prefer if he just was let go because I don't think he has the teams best interests on mind.

I'm not sure this is necessary. If our defense didn't take an enormous step backwards, we are likely in the playoffs this season. All other issues that Polian is said to have mentioned are issues any team deals with in the normal course of a season. If he did indeed make the comment about the 'aging offensive line', then I think there is concern that he is not totally aware of what's going on.

That we know of, anyway. Considering how methodical the Pegula's were in buying the Bills, including retaining consultants, I cannot believe they don't have people still advising them. It's just not public knowledge.

agreed . these folks are no fools.

Yep, shots at Whaley. Polian likes Marrone, so, his opinion means nothing to me at this point in his career.

But, those teams arent good.

we have found something to agree upon !

:beer:

My thought on this was geepers, I think we had 7 or 8 pro bowlers last year before Rex.

at least :doh:

@SalSports

Doug Whaley on story re him/Greg Roman: "Why would I not want a guy here who went from 26th to 13th in offense and leads league in rushing?"

Whaley said he has no idea where stories re: Roman would come from other than people connecting dots that aren't there or making stuff up.

Whaley cited his background w/Steelers to why Roman story makes no sense. Run ball well with young/inexperienced QB = What he believes in

Whaley also told me (as he said previously) they like Tyrod's development but won't hesitate to protect themselves incase he's not the guy.

Normally this makes sense... but I thought they would roll in with revamping the organization last october, if not, the second week 17 ended. You still had indications of infighting, then the marrone thing. Then, what looks like a bad hire.

If I have learned anything from being a sabres fan, it's that pegula has been extremely reactionary. Held on to the status quo way too long, just tried to make the biggest possible splash at arms reach (sounds familiar)... was almost forced by fan mutiny to fire ruff which took place near the beginning of a season after a lockout... then they decided to take regier out forced by fan mutiny early in the season.... and the story goes that he by chance spoke to lafontaine at a concussion dinner which brought about the change..? Not to mention whatever happened to lafontaine at his end there.