Tyrod is the #1 FA pickup of 2015 per ESPN

Five best, worst free-agent signings of 2015 offseason

Five best free-agent additions

1. Tyrod Taylor, QB, Buffalo Bills

Contractual value: The Bills found a young, instantly productive veteran starting quarterback with upside for a deal worth $1.1 million per season. That is hard to do.

Production: Taylor has 20 touchdown passes with five interceptions in 12 games. He ranks seventh in Total QBR (67.4) and fifth in passer rating (101.8). Taylor is not a volume passer, but he fits well in the Bills' offensive scheme. He's 10th in Pro Football Focus (PFF) grading at the position. Durability is a concern.

Lasting lesson: Matching a quarterback's skills to an offensive scheme increases the likelihood for success. Signing a player from a successful program might also help (Taylor spent his first three seasons with Baltimore). Rumored organizational changes could affect where Taylor fits into the Bills' future plans. At worst, he's under contract for another season at a reasonable rate.

For those without Insider:

2. DeAngelo Williams, RB, Steelers

3. Kurt Coleman, S, Panthers

4. Jabaal Sheard, OLB, Pats*

5. Ted Ginn Jr., WR, Panthers

Worst

1. Brandon Browner, CB, Saints

2. Byron Maxwell, CB, Eagles

3. Dwayne Bowe, WR, Browns

4. DeMarco Murray, RB, Eagles

5. Cary Williams, CB, Seahawks

Edited by BuffaloHokie13

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Eh, 26 is young when the best few in the league are at least 5 years older than that. Though you'd think he would know that Tyrod spent 4 years in Baltimore and not 3 :lol:

ESPN doing their research? Are you mad?!!!!

I'm really happy for Tyrod, couldn't happen to a nicer guy. Here's hoping that next year sees him vault himself into that upper echelon.

Well this can't be true, I heard on this very board by some people who are very much smarter than all of us that Tyrod is a tire fire and should be shown the door yesterday!

On another note, how can Murray be #4? He's got to be the worst.

Edited by HamSandwhich

Well this can't be true, I heard on this very board by some people who are very much smarter than all of us that Tyrod is a tire fire and should be shown the door yesterday!

I think the argument could certainly be made in the context of having traded away McCoy.

Does this mean that the Bills will finally give up on EJ?

Does it mean this site will?

Which narrative, specifically?

I do believe there is a group of TT haters who will ignore, or dismiss this article.

I can see those other 3 above Murray. Bowe is literally stealing money, Browner has turned in one of the worst defensive seasons in recent history and Maxwell was signed as a #1 corner and has been beaten like a drum. Murray was just a panic signing into a system he didn't fit.