Have you experienced a championship as a fan of another team

YoloinOhio

Have you experienced a championship as a fan?  

236 members have voted

1. 1. Have you experienced a championship as a fan of another team?

• Yes
    • No
  2. 2. If yes, which sport?

• NBA
    • NHL
    • MLB
    • College Football
    • College Basketball
    • Soccer
    • Other
    • N/A, I am still waiting

how do people name multiple teams in the same league?

It's easy!

What I do is I wait until the playoffs start, then I pick the team that is the biggest favorite, and ride with them. Some times it's a tough ride, and "my team" doesn't end up winning it all....it really hurts, man.

This season, "my team" is the Carolina Panthers...at least for now.

Edited by HoF Watkins

• Replies 229
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Bills fans only. Have you been to the mountaintop as a fan of another team? Or still waiting?

Living in Wa state I tried to let Seattle be my 2nd team. Rooted for them to win.. but it did nothing to satisfy my desire for a championship.

I will only get satisfaction if its a Sabres or Bills win

To those who have won mutliple championships, either consecutive, or really close to one another, what's it like? It seems to me that after the first one, the next one, and the one after, just won't feel the same as that first.

At the professional level, I can see that being the case. An expectation starts to set in.

In the pros, great players stick around, and as long as the team can afford them, the great player is there for many years. So the team can remain great for years.

In college, the great player leaves after 2-3 years. In some cases, they only started 1 year, because they sat on the bench behind an upper classman for 1-2 years.

Throw in the fact that a coach at the college level is dealing with a completely different roster by their 5th year, each year is a different team.

Based on that, each championship feels different. In the 3 NC that Saban has acquired at Alabama, my favorite without a doubt was the one vs LSU.

The other 2 do not even come close.

To those who have won mutliple championships, either consecutive, or really close to one another, what's it like? It seems to me that after the first one, the next one, and the one after, just won't feel the same as that first.

It's just like Michael Jordan used to say when they asked him about what his favorite championship was...

"The next one"-MJ

It's easy!

What I do is I wait until the playoffs start, then I pick the team that is the biggest favorite, and ride with them. Some times it's a tough ride, and "my team" doesn't end up winning it all....it really hurts, man.

This season, "my team" is the Carolina Panthers...at least for now.

I do this as well. But I take it even one step further, if that team loses, I pick another that's still alive. I'm starting with Arizona this year.

One reason why a guy might change from one team to another in the same league is if Jerry Jones buys your team.

Winning the championships feels the same each time......mainly because the first one is just anticlimactic enough to tamp it down to euphoric.

The best part is the subsequent seasons. Because after that first championship.....it's all gravy for quite a long time.

When the Bills get in an important game the tension among fans is palpable and I do think that the players feel that negative energy.

The best way to get past that is the same way the Bills of the 1980's got past it and were able to take over the AFC.........by overwhelming opponents with the force of great talent.

The right head coach could do it too.

I certainly don't blame fans for the teams losing but a weak head coach and a rudderless roster like the team had this year can't afford even a little negative energy.

Twice lost the WS with the Indians in the 90's, one Ohio State BB in 07, Sabres, Bills, not to mention the Jordan years for the Cavs when we had some amazing teams, and two finals losses with LeBron.

If it wasn't for OSU FB I'd have kept off a bridge by now.

Twice lost the WS with the Indians in the 90's, one Ohio State BB in 07, Sabres, Bills, not to mention the Jordan years for the Cavs when we had some amazing teams, and two finals losses with LeBron.

If it wasn't for OSU FB I'd have kept off a bridge by now.

It's like you only pick 2nd best teams.

Excluding my other football team:

New York Yankees (2009, freely admit I didn't give a **** about MLB before 2004)

UB has won a MAC title in both Football and Basketball, they weren't national titles so I don't know if they count.

A soccer team I follow in Europe has won a bunch. Along with the USWNT in 1999 and 2015.

A UB grad, I think I may have to be satisfied with the MAC titles and getting to football bowl games and the NCAA basketball tourney.

With the NCAA basketball tourney, any team has a chance to win so the Bulls would have a small chance whenever they make the tourney. For NCAA football, unless the Bulls move to maybe the Big Ten and upgrade their program and/or the playoffs get expanded to maybe 16 teams, the odds of them ever winning the title are very, very slim.

I'm a New Jersey Devils fan and I was there in 2003 at Game 7 when the beat the Anaheim Ducks to win the Stanley Cup. It was the single greatest sports memory of my life but will pale in comparison to the feeling I will get if the Bills ever win the Super Bowl!