Bills or Jets...Who would you rather Be

plenzmd1

I actually like where the Bills are long term over the jets right now. I don't think they make the playoffs, but even if they do i cant see them winning a road game.

i think we have the younger, more talented team, and poised to get much better on both sides of the ball nextt year.Our key production comes from younger players overall. Shady is the only one getting to that age.

Jets to me, outsdie of the D line, are getting key contributions from older players that i think will decline in production next year. Secondary, QB, WR, ...

Plus, i think they will be sucked in by Fitz, and it will set them back for a couple of years...and i like Fitz.

And they prolly do have an advantage at Head Coach, and i call the OCs even.

Am i just nuts? Just looking for the silver lining?

Edited by plenzmd1

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I would rather be the Jets everywhere except QB.

Taylor > Fitz

BUT

Their coaching and players are good enough to win with Fitz. I actually think they draft a QB this year and let him sit behind Fitz for one more. They should dump geno.

They already have Petty ridin' the pine. Bills > than Jets @ QB, RB, WR, DB, P *= When healthy.

They already have Petty ridin' the pine. Bills > than Jets @ QB, RB, WR, DB, P *= When healthy.

I think the Marshall/Decker duo is currently better than our squad but ours is younger with a higher ceiling in the next 5 years.

But you're right, McCoy/Williams > Ivory/Ridley/Powell

Our DBs are arguably similar, but again ours are probably headed in a better direction

Bills might be good on paper but any argument sounds like a homer when they are 8-5 and we are 6-7

Edited by Wazzu Bill

Jets have Fits at QB and plan on him being there another year at least....Bills r young and growing, TT isn't bad and the D will b better next year...

Buffalo for sure, this year only maybe the Jets only cause they r closer to the playoffs,,,,, o it has been sooooo long!

Overall, the Jets. Better DL (though both are quite good), better OL (by a wide margin), better corners. Bills are much better at TE and marginally better at RB. WR corps goes to,Jets. At QB the Jets have Fitz, who is a vet who limited physically but understands the game. He's the guy that gets brought in to bridge the gap while a long term starter is found and brought up to speed. I have no idea if Petty is that guy or not, but Geno is horrible so it's Petty or the search continues. The Bills have Taylor, EJ and Johnson - so effectively they have Taylor. He's shown he can be effective in a system that limits his role as a passer, but he's not a complete QB (yet?) and hasn't fared nearly as well when asked to do more. So the Jets have a journeyman who they they can't win it all with and an unknown commodity at developmental QB (which usually don't work out). The Bills have a QB who currently isn't good enough to win it all with, but still has a chance to develop into a better QB who can (although that's rare). I give the QB edge to the Bills, but not by any wide margin as neither likely has their franchise QB.

Until proven otherwise the Bills are the better and younger team so I'll take the Bills

REALLY! The Jets are 8-5 and the Bills are 6-7 and going nowhere fast. I am a Bills fan, but you cannot make that statement based on the reality of how the 2 teams have performed this year....

Looking at 2016 - they are going to have a tough time keeping some players.

32 mil in 3 corners
18 mil in wr's
14 mil tied up in ferguson - he's likely cut. Theyre probably losing wilkerson - and plugging in leonard williams.
Fitz will get an extension - which will pay him probably considerably.
1 year away from paying sheldon richardson.
They also seem a bit top heavy looking at their roster - and are having a very healthy year.
We'll see - we need help too