Bills or Jets...Who would you rather Be

plenzmd1

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ah yes, Bills fan math. The only place where 6-7 is a better then 8-5

I would much rather be the better team who will be watching the playoffs from home rather then potentially playing in one.

I hate the Jets, but I'm not dumb enough to think that the Bills are a better team.even their future doesn't look that bright considering a once very good defence will have to be torn apart so that the defensive genius can rebuild it back to where it was when he got here.

actually you added $7 mil of dead money you can't spend bringing that to5al up to $9.5 million and created a hole and need at left DE. when we already have needs at OL, LB & QB.

His cap hit is almost 20. And you free up like 13. You have to eat the dead money to make room for signings. Plus we don't know what the cap for next season will be.

Ah yes, Bills fan math. The only place where 6-7 is a better then 8-5

I would much rather be the better team who will be watching the playoffs from home rather then potentially playing in one.

I hate the Jets, but I'm not dumb enough to think that the Bills are a better team.even their future doesn't look that bright considering a once very good defence will have to be torn apart so that the defensive genius can rebuild it back to where it was when he got here.

1) Is the season over yet? 2) I am taking a longer view beyond this season. 3) It wouldn't shock me one bit if the Jets lose out.

Correct me if I am wrong, but didn't the Bills beat the Jets in their one face-to-face match-up this year? In the Jets' house. In prime time.

The Jets also had the benefit of playing a 4th place schedule this year, which meant playing the Raiders (before they started playing well) and the Brown Stains as opposed to the Chiefs and Bengals as the Bills had to play. The Jets also did not have to deal with the mounting injuries like the Bills did. Imagine if Geno Smith had had to step in for a significant period of time as EJ did!

Timing was also not on the Bills side most weeks this year; they probably beat the Jags if they play them any other week this year, for example.

If the Jets lose to the Pats next week and then lose to us at home in Week 17, this will all be moot.

Edited by 2003Contenders

His cap hit is almost 20. And you free up like 13. You have to eat the dead money to make room for signings. Plus we don't know what the cap for next season will be.

teams have already been informed that the salary cap for next season will be between $150 million and $153.4 million

here's your Bills core players signed long term thru 2018

Dareus, Hughes, McCoy, Aaron Williams, Clay and Felton.

the first 4 are IDIOTS and felton sucks.

your NOT going to have to worry about Whaley getting fired.....he will VOLUNTARILY leave to start over in Cleveland.

Edited by papazoid

If the question is only whether you would rather be 8-5 going into week 15 and currently hold a wild card spot on 12/18 or 6-7 going into week 17 and need a lot of help to get into the playoffs on 12/18, obviously anyone would pick the first.

Once you name the teams though and what lies ahead in the next 3 games, then compare the two teams in pretty much all aspects now and the next few years, I can't imagine anyone would pick the Jets. You could just look at the owner, coaches and QB and stop right there. Bowles, Gailey and Fitz have never won anything ... and their owner is a joke. Maybe if they didn't sleepwalk through the season they would be even better but they lost to the Eagles at home, Raiders and Houston. Not just lost - got hammered. They had so many winnable games they dropped. Then you throw in the biggest game of the year at home vs Bills and they can't match up. Pretty sure if they didn't have a last place schedule or had already played New England twice they would also be 6-7 or worse. When was the last time they even beat Buffalo? All their players are old and have terrible contracts. Their 2nd round pick is a bust and made no sense because he's a deep threat and the QB can't throw over 35 yards. They aren't a "bad" team because their WRs are playing well and their DL is good but I really can't see them winning more than 1 of their last 3. This reminds me of when the Browns were 7-4 last year and people wondered if they had turned the corner. No, they had a last place schedule and got lucky a few times.

It always surprises me how a team's fans can try so hard to build up another team just to find new ways to bash their own.

Edited by Cleveland Rocks?

If the question is only whether you would rather be 8-5 going into week 15 and currently hold a wild card spot on 12/18 or 6-7 going into week 17 and need a lot of help to get into the playoffs on 12/18, obviously anyone would pick the first.

Once you name the teams though and what lies ahead in the next 3 games, then compare the two teams in pretty much all aspects now and the next few years, I can't imagine anyone would pick the Jets. You could just look at the owner, coaches and QB and stop right there. Bowles, Gailey and Fitz have never won anything ... and their owner is a joke. Maybe if they didn't sleepwalk through the season they would be even better but they lost to the Eagles at home, Raiders and Houston. Not just lost - got hammered. They had so many winnable games they dropped. Then you throw in the biggest game of the year at home vs Bills and they can't match up. Pretty sure if they didn't have a last place schedule or had already played New England twice they would also be 6-7 or worse. When was the last time they even beat Buffalo? All their players are old and have terrible contracts. Their 2nd round pick is a bust and made no sense because he's a deep threat and the QB can't throw over 35 yards. They aren't a "bad" team because their WRs are playing well and their DL is good but I really can't see them winning more than 1 of their last 3. This reminds me of when the Browns were 7-4 last year and people wondered if they had turned the corner. No, they had a last place schedule and got lucky a few times.

It always surprises me how a team's fans can try so hard to build up another team just to find new ways to bash their own.

i am far from a Fitz fan (thought he was brutal when he was here) but he is having a good season. His upside is nada but if they can squeeze a playoff berth out of him and their declining players, good for them. Last few weeks will be interesting with all of the teams still alive. Edited by YoloinOhio

This is homerism at its finest.

Their talent levels are pretty even. The difference is coaching and the Jets have been a lot more consistent in that department.

You think they are shedding any tears with Rex gone?

Is it? Have you watched the Jets play? Have you looked at the list of teams they've beaten? I have.

Let's not forget that the Bills beat this superior Jet team in their building.

This is homerism at its finest.

Their talent levels are pretty even. The difference is coaching and the Jets have been a lot more consistent in that department.

You think they are shedding any tears with Rex gone?

Probably not. We'll see how things end up. If the Bills sweep the JETS they by default .....

Probably not. We'll see how things end up. If the Bills sweep the JETS they by default .....

Why didn't the Jets' better coaching get them a W on TNF against the Bills? Hmmmm, it's because the Jets aren't that good and have benefited from the 4th place schedule. They are going NOWHERE!

Why didn't the Jets' better coaching get them a W on TNF against the Bills? Hmmmm, it's because the Jets aren't that good and have benefited from the 4th place schedule. They are going NOWHERE!

Statistically they are good. Their record (so far) says they are good. So they can't be all that bad for you to disregard them the way you do.

So we beat them - that was a bad loss for them...much the same way us losing against Jax was a bad loss for us. And losing vs a bad Giants team at home was a bad loss for us too.

Edited by bobobonators

That's what Rex does.

Has his team ready to go for big games and they get lazy and play down vs the lesser opponents.

I believe that to be an inaccurate statement. Examples - the 1st Pats game, the KC game that IMO could have locked the Bills into the 5 spot, even the game last Sunday where it would have helped solidify their chances and should have been treated as a Win or Go Home game, which it pretty much concluded with those results.

Statistically they are good. Their record (so far) says they are good. So they can't be all that bad for you to disregard them the way you do.

So we beat them - that was a bad loss for them...much the same way us losing against Jax was a bad loss for us. And losing vs a bad Giants team at home was a bad loss for us too.

Statistically and record wise they're "good" because they have played a weak schedule.

Statistically and record wise they're "good" because they have played a weak schedule.

I get what you're saying, but it's the NFL and they aren't playing the Browns every week. We'll see how it all plays out though soon enough. You're right, they may not even make the playoffs. If you're a Jets fan though you have to be pretty damn pleased right about now.