Bills or Jets...Who would you rather Be

plenzmd1

Look at who the Jets have beaten. They have done a better job of beating nobodies than we have. We lament about the Bengals and Pats losses but how do you lose to Jax, NYG, KC, Philly. Simple as that. Beat all the teams you're supposed to and a third of the teams you're not and you will host a play-off game.

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I actually like where the Bills are long term over the jets right now. I don't think they make the playoffs, but even if they do i cant see them winning a road game.

i think we have the younger, more talented team, and poised to get much better on both sides of the ball nextt year.Our key production comes from younger players overall. Shady is the only one getting to that age.

Jets to me, outsdie of the D line, are getting key contributions from older players that i think will decline in production next year. Secondary, QB, WR, ...

Plus, i think they will be sucked in by Fitz, and it will set them back for a couple of years...and i like Fitz.

And they prolly do have an advantage at Head Coach, and i call the OCs even.

Am i just nuts? Just looking for the silver lining?

No way - I'd rather be the Jets with a serious shot at the playoffs. And the way the Jets are built, they can win a game or even two in the playoffs if things break right for them.

We have plenty of question marks going forward and nothing is a sure thing in the NFL. So give me a shot now and/or next year as opposed to what may be 3-5 yrs from now.

Look at who the Jets have beaten. They have done a better job of beating nobodies than we have. We lament about the Bengals and Pats losses but how do you lose to Jax, NYG, KC, Philly. Simple as that. Beat all the teams you're supposed to and a third of the teams you're not and you will host a play-off game.

These lax teams you lament over, are you aware that with 2 key wins the JAGS can win their division as could the Giants and possibly KC?

Edited by NOVABillsFan

I'd rather be the Bills with their overall better and younger roster. The Jets, even if they make the playoffs, are going nowhere with Fitz and the lack of explosive players on offense.

The Jets rank top 10 in total yds/game and pts/game (both higher than the Bills). Gailey and Fitz have that offense running at a pretty high level.

For as many explosive players as the Bills may have, we can't get the job done consistently.

The Jets rank top 10 in total yds/game and pts/game (both higher than the Bills). Gailey and Fitz have that offense running at a pretty high level.

For as many explosive players as the Bills may have, we can't get the job done consistently.

That's so nice. Are they any threat to do any playoff damage?

That's so nice. Are they any threat to do any playoff damage?

Well considering they rank top 5 in total defense and top 10 in total offense, why not? Not like I'm rooting for them b/c I absolutely hate them...but just being objective. Not only that, they're actually improving as the season goes on, which is exactly what you want to see as a fan of your team.

Well considering they rank top 5 in total defense and top 10 in total offense, why not? Not like I'm rooting for them b/c I absolutely hate them...but just being objective. Not only that, they're actually improving as the season goes on, which is exactly what you want to see as a fan of your team.

Once they face better teams in the playoffs they'll be heading home if they make it to begin with. They are no threat and those stats mean nothing to me.

Edited by 26CornerBlitz

They won't do playoff damage - cuz we're gonna beat them in the finale. In a probably close to empty stadium, in a meaningless game.

We did beat them... and our defense looked pretty stout in that game believe it or not.

They also have to go through 2 divisional opponents in the last 3 games (Which they lost the previous game).... including NE who wants home field advantage. Their playoff shot is way tougher than KC or Pitts.

um I beg to differ. The JETS nearly overcame the deficit and won it in the end. But fortunately the Bills held onto the 22-3 lead winning 22-17.

Bills hold off Jets in Rex's return to Meadowlands

By QRT - Bills 0 12 10 0

By QRT - JETS 3 0 7 7

Edited by NOVABillsFan

um I beg to differ. The JETS nearly overcame the deficit and won it in the end. But fortunately the Bills held onto the lead.

Bills hold off Jets in Rex's return to Meadowlands

They blocked a punt at our 15 down 5 - and somehow didn't score a point. And lost the game by that same score. Our offense was the reason we almost lost.

But again - we didn't lose. We won.

the Bills are in a heap chit of Cap trouble

PROJECTED 2016:

JETS - $500,000 dead money , +14.7 mil in cap space, big Free Agents wilkerson , fitz, ivory

BILLS- $2,300,000 dead money , -$2.5 mil in cap space, big Free Agents cordy glenn & incognito

the Bills are in a heap chit of Cap trouble

PROJECTED 2016:

JETS - $500,000 dead money , +14.7 mil in cap space, big Free Agents wilkerson , fitz, ivory

BILLS- $2,300,000 dead money , -$2.5 mil in cap space, big Free Agents cordy glenn & incognito

Cut mario - extend gilmore. I just freed up 15 million... probably more.

Cut mario - extend gilmore. I just freed up 15 million... probably more.

actually you added $7 mil of dead money you can't spend bringing that to5al up to $9.5 million and created a hole and need at left DE. when we already have needs at OL, LB & QB.