What does "show me the baby" mean to you?

snafu

When does the baby arrive.  

28 members have voted

1. 1. What does "show me the baby" mean to you?

• Wild card berth (no pun intended)
    • Win the division
    • Win a playoff game
    • Get to the AFC Championship game
    • Win the AFC Championship
    • Win it all, once and for all

I don't know what "show me the baby" refers to but our goal better be to win the Super Bowl. Nobody gives 2 craps about making the wild card. Quick, name the wild card teams from last yr. Nobody remembers or cares. There's only 1 successful team every year and then there's 31 losers

I don't know what "show me the baby" refers to but our goal better be to win the Super Bowl. Nobody gives 2 craps about making the wild card. Quick, name the wild card teams from last yr. Nobody remembers or cares. There's only 1 successful team every year and then there's 31 losers

Whilst I do agree with you on the sentiment I can name all the wild card teams from last year - Baltimore, Cincy, Arizona, Detroit.

EDIT: I can probably tell you who the AFC wildcards were each year for about 10.... I don't think that proves your point but I don't think your point needs proving.

All I will say is how often does a team go from not in the play-offs one year to Superbowl Champ the next? New England did for their first one I think the Giants have as well.... I know it does happen but I would suggest most Superbowl winners were in the play-offs the previous year.... especially in recent times.

Edited by GunnerBill

for Rex the "show me the baby" would have been, by his own statements, a wildcard berth. He has failed in making that come true. Consider that his coaching was a major factor in our not making the playoffs, failing to curb extremely stupid penalties and puzzling actions and inactions (challenges in particular come to mind). The "defensive scheme" has yet to be shown to have been an improvement. The question is whether he is aware of his failings and whether he has it in him to turn it around with a new coaching staff. If the Pegulas give him one more year it should be a year on an extremely short leash. He should understand that dumb penalties, poor challenges, and clown antics won't wash in his probation season.

Geez, I thought show me the baby was part of the lexicon around here.

It refers to Buddy Nix's first press conference when he became GM. He was talking about having no excuses for how to get to success "just show me the baby". Nobody ever really expounded on what that meant. It can mean a lot of different things to differing minds And Lord knows that minds differ around here. All I know is that I haven't seen any "baby" from One Bills Drive yet.

And to a point made above - I don't expect that any team will go from not making the playoffs to winning the Super Bowl. I was just trying to say (and see what others think) when it is that I'd be satisfied.

Would you like me to start another Rex Sucks thread instead?