Can we at least agree on this? (Tyrod)

Virgil

Whether you believe he is our Franchise guy or not, he is good enough to win games for us and doesn't make drafting a QB in the first round every year a priority.

I think I've seen progression from him most weeks. His decisions to throw deep and not run today on 3rd down was off to me, but it wasn't the terrible crap we've dealt with in years past. Speaking of which, I completely believe he's the best QB we've had since Kelly.

In any case, whether you love him or can put up with him, I'm just tired of seeing the fighting over how good he is.

He's good enough. Agree?

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

He has shown more than I think anyone could have reasonably expected. Need to see progress next year though. You draft a viable QB every chance you get, regardless of the round or year. If you believe in him, take him.

This.

All of Tyrods faults were on full display today. He is good at hitting the deep ball but take that away and he will struggle. He can't beat teams by picking them apart with short and intermediate passes especially to the middle of the field which is always evident on 3rd down.

Edited by Max997

All of Tyrods faults were on full display today. He is good at hitting the deep ball but take that away and he will struggle. Tyrod can't beat teams by picking them apart with short and intermediate passes especially to the middle of the field which is always evident on 3rd down.

You mean like holding penalties and false starts? Bad Tyrod, bad.

Whether you believe he is our Franchise guy or not, he is good enough to win games for us and doesn't make drafting a QB in the first round every year a priority.

I think I've seen progression from him most weeks. His decisions to throw deep and not run today on 3rd down was off to me, but it wasn't the terrible crap we've dealt with in years past. Speaking of which, I completely believe he's the best QB we've had since Kelly.

In any case, whether you love him or can put up with him, I'm just tired of seeing the fighting over how good he is.

He's good enough. Agree?

Agreed. I like him as our QB. Yes there's room for improvement, but he has a great upside, and he's shown us the right choice was made to start him.

You mean like holding penalties and false starts? Bad Tyrod, bad.

Did I say Tyrod was the only reason they lost today or that all of his faults were on display today?

Please try and comprehend what is being said before feeling the need to comment

I remember him hitting Shady over the middle on 3rd down for a 1st down. I thought Tyrod has done a pretty good job this year so far. He's a first year starter, and as a back-up in Baltimore behind a QB who seldom was hurt, Tyrod probably didn't get many practice reps the past 4 years. He's not a franchise guy yet, but he's better than Fitz was for us, and everybody that has preceded him up to Flutie.

Edited by WotAGuy

All of Tyrods faults were on full display today. He is good at hitting the deep ball but take that away and he will struggle. He can't beat teams by picking them apart with short and intermediate passes especially to the middle of the field which is always evident on 3rd down.

I remember him hitting Shady over the middle on 3rd down for a 1st down. I thought Tyrod has done a pretty good job this year so far. He's a first year starter, and as a back-up in Baltimore behind a QB who seldom was hurt, Tyrod probably didn't get many practice reps the past 4 years. He's not a franchise guy yet, but he's better than Fitz was for us, and everybody that has preceded him up to Flutie.

I dont need to....anybody can watch the game and know that your line is BS

and

Not just this game...because a QBs play should be taken as a whole

Yeah bc I haven't said the same things about Tyrod all year

Everything is down the field, barely anything in the short and intermediate range and even less over the middle which as I said is a big reason why this offense struggles on third down.

Anyone watching this or any other game can see this

Did I say Tyrod was the only reason they lost today or that all of his faults were on display today?

Please try and comprehend what is being said before feeling the need to comment

Well no...and yes. You keep saying he's not good enough but he is never the reason we lose. In fact he's usually the only one playing well.

Everything is down the field, barely anything in the short and intermediate range and even less over the middle which as I said is a big reason why this offense struggles on third down.

Then you clearly didn't watch the preseason or the season opener. That's all he did. And yet everyone was complaining about not getting the ball to Sammy. Now, it's deep shot central.

Need to find a healthy balance

Ha ha, now we throw too far. I remember when the problem with our QBs was always they throw short. So I guess the problem is always what you aren't doing. Edited by PromoTheRobot

Yeah except

- He does throw short and that was evidenced by the screens today

- In the last 3 games he HAS been throwing the middle of the field

- How do you know all these play calls down the field are not just part of the game plan given to him by his OC

Your arguement holds NO water

Well no...and yes. You keep saying he's not good enough but he is never the reason we lose. In fact he's usually the only one playing well.

Tyrod def played a part in the loss today but obviously wasn't the only reason. Tyrod really struggled on third down today and made some poor decisions throwing deep balls when he could and should hv run for the first or found another receiver working underneath the deep route.

Tyrod throws a great deep ball but he was forcing it today against a defense that was clearly trying to take it away and bc if that was leaving other parts of the field open which is usually the middle. The interception at the end was just horrible and was another forced deep ball by him.

Edited by Max997

To answer your question, no this group of people can only agree on one thing. The Bills should always be in Buffalo. If the QB was Johnny Unitas and the coach Vince Lombardi this group would find fault.

I like Taylor, once he figures out the middle of the field, and I think he will, he is going to be a problem for defenses. I think that if the right QB is there in the draft you take him. As much as I'm disappointed in Ryan, I believe he was instrumental in brining in Taylor, which means odds are if they had hired a different HC, the Bills would still have a very big QB problem.

Taylor is the man in Buffalo for now, and has great command in the huddle. Rarely makes throws INT's, and should get better with more experience. Its tough for fans to fathom but this kid only has 11 starts under his belt, and they expect him to instantly be all world.

Anyone watching this game has to have seen how poorly this offensive line pass blocked when it mattered most. Miller at RG stinks, and Urbik is the better pass blocker. At times the offense telegraphed exactly what play they would run with Felton in the backfield.

Incognito is a FA- Glenn is a FA- Miller stinks at RG-Henderson stinks at RT-Kounandjio stinks at RT. The Bills need a true #2 WR, and Woods doesn't always show up.

This team has bigger issues then a QB right now.

To answer your question, no this group of people can only agree on one thing. The Bills should always be in Buffalo. If the QB was Johnny Unitas and the coach Vince Lombardi this group would find fault.

"Why do we have a dead QB and a dead coach? I am so done with this team..."

Nice comment without anything to back it up

Because it cant be backed up. Tyrod has hit some long balls. But when we go down 2 scores i watch thinking this game is over. Every time. I cant stand that feeling. There is nothing objectively that an refute the original post.

Tyrod def played a part in the loss today but obviously wasn't the only reason. Tyrod really struggled on third down today and made some poor decisions throwing deep balls when he could and should hv run for the first or found another receiver working underneath the deep route.

Tyrod throws a great deep ball but he was forcing it today against a defense that was clearly trying to take it away and bc if that was leaving other parts of the field open which is usually the middle. The interception at the end was just horrible and was another forced deep ball by him.

So a QB that ranks in the top 5 isn't good enough for you. So the answer is roll the dice on a college kid? Or sign a vet on the way down? Edited by PromoTheRobot

You cannot have it both ways

When Tyrod runs to much people B word that he isnt staying in the pocket and throwing from there to prove he can and stay healthy......

when he throws deep he should be running more

In the end it all depends on whether it was successful or not.....the fact is this team had 15 penalties for over 100 yards.......scored 20 points....and their supposidly great defense once again didnt live up to their billing.

There is too much talent on this D to be losing games when our team scores 20 god damn points.

Edited by John from Hemet

I agree in that TT is better than what we have had in a while. Stick with him and get him some O-lineman help that can give him Tom Brady-like time to pick out his receiver to throw to (without penalties) and we will be much better next year.

Well...that and after they fire their DC/defensive linemen and special teams coaches...

AND...Rex starts holding players accountable for major eff-ups...

Easy enough, right?