Tyrod vs Brady

JPicc2114

His statistics are blatantly skewed due to his limited pass attempts. If you think his stats would extend to the level of Brady's with the same number of attempts then we are watching different sports.

Tyrod is managing the game well, and he has played the role perfectly against the Dolphins twice and the Texans. He also has thrown together a string of awful 3-and-outs that nearly cost the Totans game, did cost the Patriots and Giants games and probably cost the Chiefs game. All-in-all, he's better than Fitzpatrick, but not necessarily the answer.

Let's see how the season unfolds first before we let stats make us extend this guy.

Yes, let's not pay any attention to those nasty stats. They get in the way of our self valued opinions. TT is the real deal. He has proved it over and over and over again. For those that can't see it, I suggest you start watching a sport that you can understand better.

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Yes, let's not pay any attention to those nasty stats. They get in the way of our self valued opinions. TT is the real deal. He has proved it over and over and over again. For those that can't see it, I suggest you start watching a sport that you can understand better.

did you see the Giants, Patriots(2x) Titans, KC games?

he was great yesterday...so was Blaine Gabbert. Not comparing...just give it more than 10 starts

True. One of the major reasons he has a good percentage is because he is so careful.

IIRC correctly though, he should have had five more completions, with drops by Woods, Clay and Hogan, Woods stepping OB and Woods falling in endzone that is a TD. He also had an INT dropped.

Careful? He's one of the league leaders in yards per attempt

When it comes to TT, fans are like they were with Flutie. Selective in memory.,

Ya, the Titan game he basically won it himself

Careful? He's one of the league leaders in yards per attempt

He's extremely, constantly, careful. He doesn't often throw into double coverage. He rarely tries to force balls anywhere and virtually never over the middle. He waits and waits until guys are open until he throws a good portion of the time. The reason he has a great YPA is because he throws so few passes combined with throwing a great deep ball. He's extraordinarily careful though.

No you got it all wrong Joe. TT is the bomb. He's going to have six SB rings before he's done.

Of course, maybe none of them will be with The Bills, because we won't sign him to a Franchise QB contract this week before the Philly game.

That was my point. Do you open contract talks when he's a free agent?

You mean when he's an impending free agent? Because he's still under contract a year from now.

In any case, the answer is "yes." I'm not into giving him a large deal after just 14 starts (this year) and want to see how he progresses with the off-season and training camp/pre-season as the starter. Give him about half the season next year and if he still looks like the answer, give him the big money.

That's just not how stats work.

He sucked on ice that game, and was fortunate to pull it off.

That game was basically how Brady is playing now riddled with injuries, I wouldn't mark it up as a sign of low potential.

You mean when he's an impending free agent? Because he's still under contract a year from now.

In any case, the answer is "yes." I'm not into giving him a large deal after just 14 starts (this year) and want to see how he progresses with the off-season and training camp/pre-season as the starter. Give him about half the season next year and if he still looks like the answer, give him the big money.

I doubt Whaley will wait that long but, sure, you could do that, wait until 4 games left in the 2016 regular season to talk about a new deal. And I could see Taylor being told by his agent to screw the Bills and hit the open market, especially if he's still playing this level. I suppose you could also franchise tag him. Players love that. <_<

The Bills have one of the richest owners in the league and lately have been signing guys to huge contracts. They were the first team to give Taylor a chance, he is working with a very good OC for him, he has Sammy Watkins and Clay and others to throw to, he has a great running game with Shady McCoy, he has a players coach who loves him. This is an absolutely great situation for him to be in and he and his agent know it.

Worrisome trend, is the last few weeks of hovering around 55% completion percentage.

Promising trend, no interceptions lately, and taking less sacks (1.3/gm last three games vs 3/gm previous seven).

What this tells me... Defenses are adjusting to our scheme and covering routes a bit better, so we're not getting as many easy completions. And Tyrod is recognizing pressure better, and getting a better feel for when to take off/get rid of the ball.

It's time for the devout EJ fans to help him pack for his impending move to a new NFL city.

Why? He's probably one of the better backup QBs, and he'll be in the second year in Roman's offense. There's a lot worse than EJ out there, but I suppose people only want to think about the Jax 5 minute meltdown.

Why? He's probably one of the better backup QBs, and he'll be in the second year in Roman's offense. There's a lot worse than EJ out there, but I suppose people only want to think about the Jax 5 minute meltdown.

Or they may just dwell on his previous 2 seasons.

Worrisome trend, is the last few weeks of hovering around 55% completion percentage.

Promising trend, no interceptions lately, and taking less sacks (1.3/gm last three games vs 3/gm previous seven).

What this tells me... Defenses are adjusting to our scheme and covering routes a bit better, so we're not getting as many easy completions. And Tyrod is recognizing pressure better, and getting a better feel for when to take off/get rid of the ball.

IIRC 2 of the last 3 games Tryod passed for more than 30 times, the last for 22 times.

Under 25 passes per game Tyrod is GOLDEN all wins. Over 30 passes per game and the team is 0 for 3 (?)

What this is telling me is that they are trying to emulate Seattle's offense. Fewer passing leading to better completion ration and less INT risk and a strong running game.

It's time for the devout EJ fans to help him pack for his impending move to a new NFL city.

Another thread polluted by an EJ rant.

EJ single handedly cost us the Jax game. he sucks.

we would be better off eating his remaining $2.5 mil and cutting him after this season.