Tyrod vs Brady

JPicc2114

For those who hate Tyrod:

TT - 176 for 271 passing 65% 2171 yards 8.01 YPA 17 TD 4 INT 104.3 QBR

318 yards rushing 3 TDs

Brady - 323 for 507 passing 63.7% 3912 yards 7.72 YPA 31 TD 6 INT 102.8 QBR

28 yards rushing 3 TDs

If Tyrod threw 507 times. His yardage and TDs would be right up there with Brady. He is equivalent in every other category. The only reason the Bills are 6-6 is because Rex Ryan is a terrible coach.

Extend him now. Because I guarantee you, there are other teams chomping at the bit to get him.

Why did u do this.....its wrong for so many reasons

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Wilson had already been to two Superbowl's, and winning one of them, before he got his contract.

Yup. The problem is that the idiot Dols just set the market for crappy starting QB's at $15.8M/year. I'd just assume wait until midway through 2016 and if he still looks good, offer him the $17.8M/year Wilson got. $2M/year and $15M guaranteed more isn't going to break them unlike the $50M guaranteed will if the flops.

Yup. The problem is that the idiot Dols just set the market for crappy starting QB's at $15.8M/year. I'd just assume wait until midway through 2016 and if he still looks good, offer him the $17.8M/year Wilson got. $2M/year and $15M guaranteed more isn't going to break them unlike the $50M guaranteed will if the flops.

Agreed

I am just not ready to offer him that huge contract

The beauty of this whole thing was that we have a good QB playing for peanuts while paying for mega talent on defense

Im not ready to let go of that plan just yet

For those who hate Tyrod:

TT - 176 for 271 passing 65% 2171 yards 8.01 YPA 17 TD 4 INT 104.3 QBR

318 yards rushing 3 TDs

Brady - 323 for 507 passing 63.7% 3912 yards 7.72 YPA 31 TD 6 INT 102.8 QBR

28 yards rushing 3 TDs

If Tyrod threw 507 times. His yardage and TDs would be right up there with Brady. He is equivalent in every other category. The only reason the Bills are 6-6 is because Rex Ryan is a terrible coach.

Extend him now. Because I guarantee you, there are other teams chomping at the bit to get him.

if he threw that many times we'd have all losses, Taylor is not Brady

Tyrod been great as a first year starter and should only get better as he enters his prime. The Bills need to overhaul the defense and get that right. Think your gonna see three or four new starters on that side of the ball. Players that better fit Ryan's scheme. Fix the defense and we make the playoffs next season.

Brady Completion % last 3 games

51.3% comp against the Bills W by 7pts 35 QBR

54.8% comp against the Broncos Loss 62.3 QBR

51.8% comp against the Eagles Loss 36.2 QBR

All under 7 yards per completion when hes averaging nearly 8 YPC

Not anywhere near his season average of 64.5 QBR

Brady is struggling right now

Im a huge believer in Stats. Now that being said, shove these stats where the sun dont shine.

I often wonder if many on here actually watch other games. Against the Eagles Brady was putting passes on the numbers and players were dropping them like hotcakes. Their best receiver at the moment is Lafell or Chandler.

No Gronk, no Edelman. What would TT's stats be without Watkins? Probably just like Tannehill this weekend ( 87 yards passing ).

The Eagles won that game on special teams. Had Billicheat gone for the normal kickoff rather than the pooch up 14, the Patriots easily win that game.

I think the comparison to one of the greatest QB's in the history of the NFL is what drives me crazy. TT is showing some poise, some improvement. He threw some passes up the middle last Sunday, was going through his progressions nicely. Now lets stop with comparing any Bills QB to Brady. Nonsense.

Stats can be deceiving. Brady's game is predicated on short accurate passes with a quick release that eliminates the pass rush. TT holds the ball longer and can help with accurate deep passes, but also can cause hits, pressures, and sacks.

I like TT and am not in a rush to extend him as we have under contract for the next year. We'll have more room in the cap to extend after next year. We need the money we probably will save on releasing MW, plus the additional $10 mil projected to cover SG, RI, and CG.

Doh!

Still though, those are Russell Wilson type contract numbers.

I agree they are RW #'s and style. Coincidentally what happened when he got his $? Are the Seahawks a SB team this year? How many QB's can we name that got a big contract then stalled out in performances?

I like what Tyrod is doing, he is the clear starter, but I would like to see another full season before I would want to spend on a big contract only to see the worst happen.

As you mentioned - Tyrod is not going anywhere to where the Bills have to jump the gun too quickly.

True. I still say you can wait until a few games into 2016 though.

Wilson had already been to two Superbowl's, and winning one of them, before he got his contract.

Isn't that the point he was making. See what you have for at least 2 or more seasons?

I agree they are RW #'s and style. Coincidentally what happened when he got his $? Are the Seahawks a SB team this year? How many QB's can we name that got a big contract then stalled out in performances?

I like what Tyrod is doing, he is the clear starter, but I would like to see another full season before I would want to spend on a big contract only to see the worst happen.

As you mentioned - Tyrod is not going anywhere to where the Bills have to jump the gun too quickly.

Isn't that the point he was making. See what you have for at least 2 or more seasons?

Except they aren't. They're literally Tannehill's numbers + 10% or less for signing bonus, guaranteed $ and total $.

Wow. Mr. Negative's just getting off stirring the pot here. Starts a thread with stats favorably comparing TT to Brady, then calls people haters and stupid for not agreeing with him that TT is a stud while simultaneously denying that he ever implied that TT was on par with Brady. Then sits back, watches and occasionally stirs. It's the most trollish posting I've seen in a long time. Very well done, in a horrible and pathetic way.

Edited by BarleyNY