Tyrod vs Brady

JPicc2114

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Ive been on the TT bandwagon since the pre-season and i've never changed my opinion on him. I'm sick of seeing Bills fans flip flop on him when he doesn't deserve it. The reason the Bills have lost most of their games. 2 were because of EJ Manuel. The rest were on the defense. The offense has maybe lost them 1 game. (Giants game) He single handily won them the Titans game with NO receivers and no RBs. I also don't live in Buffalo so I don't hear all the BS everyday and I hear a national perspective on the guy. And most feel he is the guy for the long term in Buffalo. Sign him to an extension, the dude is 26.

You all have a nice day

Edited by Mr. Negative

Well I guess this is a lot like Let's Make A Deal. You have a pretty good QB now. Do you trade him for what's behind door #3? Could be a franchise QB but more likely it's a donkey.

Again...2017 was voided because he's the Bills starter. 2016 is now his contract year.

again, he is under contract for next season at an extremely reasonable number

Ive been on the TT bandwagon since the pre-season and i've never changed my opinion on him. I'm sick of seeing Bills fans flip flop on him when he doesn't deserve it. The reason the Bills have lost most of their games. 2 were because of EJ Manuel. The rest were on the defense. The offense has maybe lost them 1 game. (Giants game) He single handily won them the Titans game with NO receivers and no RBs. I also don't live in Buffalo so I don't hear all the BS everyday and I hear a national perspective on the guy. And most feel he is the guy for the long term in Buffalo. Sign him to an extension, the dude is 26.

You all have a nice day

Can't argue with this.

You all have a nice day

Offense lost us the second Pats* game. Otherwise I agree.

Edited by BuffaloHokie13

Two words: FRANCHISE TAG. I wanna see more before a big contract.

exactly, if Tyrod plays that well they can franchise him then work out a long term contract but i also want to see more than 10 starts from him before giving him another contract

the Bills have shown that they want to keep their own, no reason to panic yet but since he is a QB he will get paid regardless of if its this offseason or next so why rush it?

For those who hate Tyrod:

TT - 176 for 271 passing 65% 2171 yards 8.01 YPA 17 TD 4 INT 104.3 QBR

318 yards rushing 3 TDs

Brady - 323 for 507 passing 63.7% 3912 yards 7.72 YPA 31 TD 6 INT 102.8 QBR

28 yards rushing 3 TDs

If Tyrod threw 507 times. His yardage and TDs would be right up there with Brady. He is equivalent in every other category. The only reason the Bills are 6-6 is because Rex Ryan is a terrible coach.

Extend him now. Because I guarantee you, there are other teams chomping at the bit to get him.

We are not really comparing the two are we? Kool-aide sippin.

For those who hate Tyrod:

TT - 176 for 271 passing 65% 2171 yards 8.01 YPA 17 TD 4 INT 104.3 QBR

318 yards rushing 3 TDs

Brady - 323 for 507 passing 63.7% 3912 yards 7.72 YPA 31 TD 6 INT 102.8 QBR

28 yards rushing 3 TDs

If Tyrod threw 507 times. His yardage and TDs would be right up there with Brady. He is equivalent in every other category. The only reason the Bills are 6-6 is because Rex Ryan is a terrible coach.

Extend him now. Because I guarantee you, there are other teams chomping at the bit to get him.

I think they found their man in Tyrod, but your premise does not follow. There is no reason to believe a guy who only throws 2-5-27 times a game will keep up that same high % of completions if he attempts twice as many throws. He's never done it so it can't be assumed. You can't extrapolate that % number.

I think they found their man in Tyrod, but your premise does not follow. There is no reason to believe a guy who only throws 2-5-27 times a game will keep up that same high % of completions if he attempts twice as many throws. He's never done it so it can't be assumed. You can't extrapolate that % number.

True. One of the major reasons he has a good percentage is because he is so careful.

IIRC correctly though, he should have had five more completions, with drops by Woods, Clay and Hogan, Woods stepping OB and Woods falling in endzone that is a TD. He also had an INT dropped.

When was the last QB that the Bills had, have you have said . "His QB rating would drop to 90" ?

Yeah it's great. And again it wasn't a slight, only pointing out the material flaw in the extrapolation. The reality is we have no idea what Tyrod looks like in a 50 attempt game. But he's incredible under 20 attempts per game.

Here the data (average game passer rating per total completions)

<19- 122.6

20-29- 118.4

30-39- 91.7

40-49- 82.8

He's a FA at the end of 2016.

That was my point. Do you open contract talks when he's a free agent?

He says, conveniently ignoring the 2x they can franchise TT. ZERO need for hair on fire panic signings.

So you don't want to overpay Tyrod but you'd be glad to pay the QB franchise tag? Plus the tag is a goodwill killer. First we won't commit to TT, then we deny him the open market? We all know you want him gone.

That was my point. Do you open contract talks when he's a free agent?

So you don't want to overpay Tyrod but you'd be glad to pay the QB franchise tag? Plus the tag is a goodwill killer. First we won't commit to TT, then we deny him the open market? We all know you want him gone.

I don't care what you think, it's the right thing to do. the WRONG thing to do is give him a contract after 8 games.

If Tyrod threw 507 times, teams would use different defenses against him.

There is a reason Tyrod hasn't been asked to throw 507 times this year; and that reason certainly isn't "because if he did, we think he'd have a similar success record and stat line with the greatest quarterback of all-time."

this premise that Tyrod is as good as Brady is so ridiculous i am even agreeing with WEO. :lol::doh:

So cause Brady has struggled with 3 backup O-Line and his his top 3 offensive weapons out of the lineup...TT is better! Jesus

TT has not exactely been the model of consistency..plenty of games one awful half, one good half.

In terms of the contract,Give him some time down the stretch here to concentrate on playing ball. Last thing he needs is an agent in his face trying to get paid before Christmas...there is a reason so few contracts are negotiated in season.