Trump Alone at the Top

Jim Gerharty:

Me -- 10 am Tuesday: “Burning American flags will play directly into Trump’s hands.” http://bit.ly/2gEWjwf

Lefties -- 10 pm: “Full speed ahead!”

CyhQgpWWgAQWi-t.jpg.................. :D

The gist was, “the president purposefully overstates his case knowing that it will create controversy… Controversy sparks attention, attention provokes conversation, and conversation embeds previously unknown or marginalized ideas in the public consciousness.” Part of it was a cynical calculation to let an argument about a presidential statement ensure a topic stayed front and center in the public’s mind; there’s also the side effect of ensuring that a brouhaha about a presidential statement overshadowed actual policy decisions – decisions that may be more consequential, but are less dramatic and interesting to the news media.
Almost like, say, a president-elect declaring he wants to strip away the citizenship of those burning the flag.
If the incoming Trump administration really is using a variation of the “stray voltage” approach, and Democrats really have an uncontrollable impulse to focus on the controversial statement du jour, the Trump administration could end up being stunningly effective in policymaking. A lot of seemingly dry and boring regulations can be repealed, executive orders withdrawn, rewritten and issued, legislation passed by GOP majorities in Congress and signed, all while the political world froths at the mouth about the president’s latest Tweet or denunciation of the media, or theater performers, or anything else that comes to mind.
http://www.nationalreview.com/corner

Edited by B-Man

Biggest post-election news yet, and Trump announces it in a series of tweets................bypassing the media.

No wonder they are in a tizzy.

Donald Trump Promised Wednesday To Remove Himself From His Businesses

"... and said he will announce details in two weeks about how he'll avoid conflicts of interest when he is president."

DJT_Headshot_V2_bigger.jpgDonald J. TrumpVerified account @realDonaldTrump 7h7 hours ago

I will be holding a major news conference in New York City with my children on December 15 to discuss the fact that I will be leaving my ...

great business in total in order to fully focus on running the country in order to MAKE AMERICA GREAT AGAIN! While I am not mandated to ....

do this under the law, I feel it is visually important, as President, to in no way have a conflict of interest with my various businesses..

Hence, legal documents are being crafted which take me completely out of business operations. The Presidency is a far more important task!

Biggest post-election news yet, and Trump announces it in a series of tweets................bypassing the media.

No wonder they are in a tizzy.

Donald Trump Promised Wednesday To Remove Himself From His Businesses

"... and said he will announce details in two weeks about how he'll avoid conflicts of interest when he is president."

It will be interesting to see how he does that and if/when he does that popping noise will be more liberal heads exploding.

President-Elect Donald Trump is not even president yet and he’s already saving American manufacturing jobs.

CNBC News reports:

President-elect Donald Trump’s team has reportedly reached a deal to keep hundreds of Carrier jobs in Indiana.

CNBC cited sources in reporting the deal with United Technologies Tuesday evening, which will keep close to 1,000 factory jobs at the Carrier plant in Indianapolis. The network says the deal will include new inducements from the state and was spearheaded by Vice President-elect Gov. Mike Pence.

Carrier confirmed the deal with a tweet:

We are pleased to have reached a deal with President-elect Trump & VP-elect Pence to keep close to 1,000 jobs in Indy. More details soon.

Here’s what Trump promised back in March:

Will mainstream media give Trump credit ?

Trump to Announce Carrier Plant Will Keep Jobs in U.S.

http://www.nytimes.com/2016/11/29/business/trump-to-announce-carrier-plant-will-keep-jobs-in-us.html?_r=0

Well done...I mean...normally one would have to go to a very liberal state like NY to see such a deal get done....

Yeah, I was ready to burn flags, protest in the streets, block traffic, assault people, accuse any of his supporters of being racist misogynists, call for a recount, and walk around saying "not my President" for 4 years about it, then I took a few deep breaths.

Anything else?

So you don't care he swindled people, you could have just said that. Oh, and just say "Hillary" if it makes you feel better :lol: