Trump Alone at the Top

Like I said GG, come November. I realize the data doesn't support my claim. The data has been wrong before.

It's not the bumper stickers. But carry on.

Like I said GG, come November. I realize the data doesn't support my claim. The data has been wrong before.

It's not the bumper stickers. But carry on.

We had a guy here in 2012 who dedicated a novel's worth of posts to debunking the polls. He was 100% wrong.

Good to see history repeating itself. Unless Clinton threatens to chut down Disney World and defund social security, she'll do just fine in Florida.

Doesn't look like Florida will be necessary for her at this point.

We had a guy here in 2012 who dedicated a novel's worth of posts to debunking the polls. He was 100% wrong.

Good to see history repeating itself. Unless Clinton threatens to chut down Disney World and defund social security, she'll do just fine in Florida.

Doesn't look like Florida will be necessary for her at this point.

I won't dedicate a novel's worth of posts. I think my prediction is shaky. But I can't deny what I see.

We shall see though. If I'm wrong, so be it. It's a prediction made on the Internet to complete strangers. Who cares?

He has a 10% stake in his Chicago property. The Trump International off Central Park is owned by the GE pension trust.

In other words, they're not "his properties."

They're his projects. The Chicago building is mostly condos that were sold so of course he no longer owns those. He still operates the hotel and restaurant from what I've read. Getting away from my point which is his business does well because it builds good things and provides good quality and good service too. He's a success. Obnoxious at times yes. Great as a politician, no. Great as a President, who knows but usually presidents live up or down to their unbiased expectations. In the case of Bush and Obama we really got what we should have expected. No reason to have high expectations for Hillary or Donald, especially her. She's about as bad as politicians get for all the reasons we don't like them.

Trumps False Obama-ISIS Link

Donald Trump claims that President Barack Obama and former Secretary of State Hillary Clinton founded ISIS. But the origin of the Islamic State terrorist group dates back to the Bush administration.

Trump points to the withdrawal of troops from Iraq in 2011, under Obama, as the founding of ISIS, but experts say the expansion of the Islamic State after that point cant be pinned on the troop withdrawal alone if at all.

And theres the fact that President George W. Bush had signed the agreement and set the date for that withdrawal.

Furthermore, Trump himself supported withdrawing troops from Iraq as early as 2007, telling CNN in a March 16, 2007, interview that the U.S. should declare victory and leave, because Ill tell you, this country is just going to get further bogged down.

[T]his is a total catastrophe and you might as well get out now, because you just are wasting time.

http://www.factcheck.org/2016/08/trumps-false-obama-isis-link/

But we have no problem with the false claim the Trump is a major recruiter for ISIS, right?

From your article and I've been saying this for years.

Trump is giving his supporters a misleading account of their ills, Rothwell said. "He says they are suffering because of globalization," Rothwell said. "He says they’re suffering because of immigration and a diversifying country, but I can’t find any evidence of that."

Trump's support does come from a place of adversity, though, and Rothwell said Trump's prescriptions — tariffs on imported goods, restrictions on immigration and mass deportation — seem disconnected from his voters' real problems.

"I don’t see how any of those things would help with their health problems, with the lack of intergenerational mobility," Rothwell said.

This is exactly correct and not a surprising find:

Although Trump voters tend to be the most skeptical about immigration, they are also the least likely to actually encounter an immigrant in their neighborhood.

Rothwell finds that people who live in places with many Hispanic residents or places close to the Mexican border, tend not to favor Trump — relative to otherwise similar Americans and to otherwise similar white Republicans.

Among those who are similar in terms of income, education and other factors, those who view Trump favorably are more likely to be found in white enclaves — racially isolated Zip codes where the amount of diversity is lower than in surrounding areas.

These places have not been effected much by immigration, and Rothwell believes that is no coincidence. He argues that when people have more personal experience of people from other countries, they develop friendlier attitudes toward immigrants.

People tend to have irrational fears and behaviors towards those that they don't know. Often times, they hear about anecdotal accounts and cherry picked stats to form their opinions that get replayed over and over and over through their preferred echo chamber bullhorn.

The economic malaise of the blue collar folks aren't caused by illegal immigration, not one !@#$ing iota.

This is exactly correct and not a surprising find:

People tend to have irrational fears and behaviors towards those that they don't know. Often times, they hear about anecdotal accounts and cherry picked stats to form their opinions that get replayed over and over and over through their preferred echo chamber bullhorn.

The economic malaise of the blue collar folks aren't caused by illegal immigration, not one !@#$ing iota.

So illegal labor that takes jobs below market rates doesn't displace American workers or supress wages? I have a family member in the SW U.S. who shut down his painting business because he couldn't win jobs bidding at $15-$20 hr. He was constantly undercut by illegal immigrant labor. The construction industry in non-union precincts is full of stories like this.

So illegal labor that takes jobs below market rates doesn't displace American workers or supress wages? I have a family member in the SW U.S. who shut down his painting business because he couldn't win jobs bidding at $15-$20 hr. He was constantly undercut by illegal immigrant labor. The construction industry in non-union precincts is full of stories like this.

Statistically speaking, insignificant.

Here is a pretty even-handed argument/article with studies from both sides on the effects of illegal immigration on the economy.

In 2004, the Federation for American Immigration Reform, a Washington-based group that seeks to reduce immigration, calculated that undocumented workers cost Arizona taxpayers more than $1 billion a year for education, medical care and incarceration, after subtracting the estimated taxes they pay.

Four years later, Judith Gans, then manager of the immigration-policy program at the University of Arizona’s Udall Center for Studies in Public Policy, examined the issue for all immigrants, not just illegal ones. She concluded that immigrants accounted for nearly $1 billion more in annual tax revenue than they cost the state.

Moody’s Analytics looked at Arizona’s economic output for The Wall Street Journal, with an eye toward distinguishing between the effects of the mass departures of illegal immigrants and the recession that hit the state hard beginning in 2008. It concluded that the departures alone had reduced Arizona’s gross domestic product by an average of 2% a year between 2008 and 2015. Because of the departures, total employment in the state was 2.5% lower, on average, than it otherwise would have been between 2008 and 2015, according to Moody’s.

To your point:

These days, construction, landscaping and agriculture industries, long dependent on migrants, complain of worker shortages. While competition for some jobs eased, there were fewer job openings overall for U.S.-born workers or legal immigrants.

According to the Moody’s analysis, low-skilled U.S. natives and legal Hispanic immigrants since 2008 picked up less than 10% of the jobs once held by undocumented immigrants. In a separate analysis, economists Sarah Bohn and Magnus Lofstrom of the Public Policy Institute of California and Steven Raphael of the University of California at Berkeley conclude that employment declined for low-skilled white native workers in Arizona during 2008 and 2009, the height of the out-migration. One bright spot: the median income of low-skilled whites who did manage to get jobs rose about 6% during that period, the economists estimate.

I'm not a proponent of illegal immigration, I am simply an opponent of the propagators of immigration misinformation via demagoguery.

Edited by Magox

He has a 10% stake in his Chicago property. The Trump International off Central Park is owned by the GE pension trust.

In other words, they're not "his properties."

Not his properties presently, but I doubt the GE pension trust scouts out the project and procures it and starts the development of it.

I know several people who do what Trump does, on a much smaller scale. They are the feet on the ground who find a development site and design it and get it started and completed. If at any point along the way, they syndicate it or find investors to join them then that's what they do.

Some projects are completed and kept in the developer's portfolio. Some are sold off. Sometimes the developer likes the finished product and keeps a stake. And, yes, I know someone who puts his brand name on every project. He's built a track record and the name attracts new investors so he can keep the ball rolling.

Statistically speaking, insignificant.

Here is a pretty even-handed argument/article with studies from both sides on the effects of illegal immigration on the economy.

To your point:

I'm not a proponent of illegal immigration, I am simply an opponent of the propagators of immigration misinformation via demagoguery.

There are more than 8,000,000 illegal immigrants working in this country. That's hurting employment for many American workers.

There are more than 8,000,000 illegal immigrants working in this country. That's hurting employment for many American workers.

The effect of illegals on good jobs in the US is a huge red herring issue hat feeds uninformed fears. It's a better story than reality and plays to passion and not reason.

The left plays the same game with climate change. Whip up a frenzy over something that we're more likely to solve with technology than tax and regulate to any solution.

Edited by Observer

Even Jeb thinks HRC was handpicked to be "elected":

Most people hate to admit it, but Jeb made sense when he explained why he felt that the 2016 Presidential Election could be Hillary’s time to win. In December, Bush claimed that Donald negotiated a deal with Hillary that made sure that she would become the President of the United States. He argued that Donald and Hillary are “long-time friends” and that he “liked the Clintons.” Now, Trump spends much of his day trying to find a way to get an edge on Clinton in the polls, only to come up short.

http://www.inquisitr.com/3414743/jeb-bush-allegedly-believes-donald-trumps-campaign-may-be-a-conspiracy-hillary-clinton-was-hand-picked-to-win/

Jeb Bush donors are backing Clinton over Trump: http://nym.ag/2bbt8QX

Even Jeb thinks HRC was handpicked to be "elected":

Most people hate to admit it, but Jeb made sense when he explained why he felt that the 2016 Presidential Election could be Hillary’s time to win. In December, Bush claimed that Donald negotiated a deal with Hillary that made sure that she would become the President of the United States. He argued that Donald and Hillary are “long-time friends” and that he “liked the Clintons.” Now, Trump spends much of his day trying to find a way to get an edge on Clinton in the polls, only to come up short.

http://www.inquisitr.com/3414743/jeb-bush-allegedly-believes-donald-trumps-campaign-may-be-a-conspiracy-hillary-clinton-was-hand-picked-to-win/

User Actions

Follow

231de750c1fe828cac38eb41a293f36c_bigger.Daily IntelligencerVerified account[/size]@intelligencer

Jeb Bush donors are backing Clinton over Trump: http://nym.ag/2bbt8QX

So the Bush supporters' bottom line is: if you can't beat Trump, join him in supporting Hillary?

What upstate idiots are voting for Hillary? Nearly everyone I know except a few die hard dems and women voting for her just because she's a woman, want nothing to do with her.

Clinton opened up her lead with overwhelming support in the Democratic stronghold of New York City (70-15 percent) and a comfortable margin in Upstate New York (48 percent to 37 percent), the poll found.

http://www.syracuse.com/politics/index.ssf/2016/08/ny_poll_hillary_clinton_surges_to_30-point_lead_over_donald_trump.html

Edited by truth on hold

Will Trump spook enough voters to change which party has the majority in Congress ?

Yes. Congressman are already contemplating running ads encouraging people to stay away from Trump but vote for them. It might be their only hope to retain power. Anyone in a tight district who rides the Trump bandwagon is making a bad decision.

Edited by Observer

Well, then you can't blame me because I didn't vote for the buffoon.

The Republicans lost when Romney declined to run. In fact the whole country lost. But after he bloodied B.O.'s pug in their first debate he refused to lay a glove on him after Candy Crudly blindsided him in round 2. He probably wouldn't go after Hillary hard enough either - because he's a gentleman and an honorable person.

Obama played the rope-a-dope in that debate.

This is how it works.........................

Words not mentioned in Trump's foreign policy speech: China, Asia...lots of other notable omissions

DC reporter attacks Trump for not saying Asia in speech on radical Islam and Terrorism

#SayAnything

#Circus

#NotJournalism

This echoes throughout other media tweets.

This is how shallow the political press is.

Self absorbed group thinkers............... Journalists used to compete for news/info.................remember that ?

Obama played the rope-a-dope in that debate.

Obama was a dope in that debate. He wasn't prepared at all.

I remember John Sununnu's interview with Andrea Mitchell after that. She thought JS was making a racial slur against B. O. when he called him "lazy". :lol:

Edited by Nanker

Obama was a dope in that debate. He wasn't prepared at all.

I remember John Sununnu's interview with Andrea Mitchell after that. She thought JS was making a racial slur against B. O. when he called him "lazy". :lol:

And then she offered BO a pillow?

The "I am rubber, you are glue" attacks continue. Take us to Warp speed!

http://www.reuters.com/article/us-usa-election-trump-idUSKCN10R1P0

"...With each passing Trump attack, it becomes clearer that his strategy is just to say about Hillary Clinton what's true of himself," Clinton spokeswoman Jennifer Palmieri said.

"When people started saying he was temperamentally unfit, he called Hillary the same. When his ties to the Kremlin came under scrutiny, he absurdly claimed that Hillary was the one who was too close to Putin.

"Now he's accusing her of bigoted remarks - we think the American people will know which candidate is guilty of the charge...."

In all white venues to boot:

"...Trump traveled 45 minutes outside of Milwaukee, which is 40 percent black, to deliver his appeal to African-American voters in the suburb of West Bend, Wisconsin, a community that is 95 percent white. He spoke before an almost entirely white audience...."

The "I am rubber, you are glue" attacks continue. Take us to Warp speed!http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zP9PLYJxjaM http://www.reuters.com/article/us-usa-election-trump-idUSKCN10R1P0 "...With each passing Trump attack, it becomes clearer that his strategy is just to say about Hillary Clinton what's true of himself," Clinton spokeswoman Jennifer Palmieri said."When people started saying he was temperamentally unfit, he called Hillary the same. When his ties to the Kremlin came under scrutiny, he absurdly claimed that Hillary was the one who was too close to Putin."Now he's accusing her of bigoted remarks - we think the American people will know which candidate is guilty of the charge...." In all white venues to boot: "...Trump traveled 45 minutes outside of Milwaukee, which is 40 percent black, to deliver his appeal to African-American voters in the suburb of West Bend, Wisconsin, a community that is 95 percent white. He spoke before an almost entirely white audience...."

Yes, I've noticed that myself. Many of the accurate charges leveled against him, he's trying to deflect them on Hillary. He's such a putz.