Trump Alone at the Top

The hatred of Trump is more of a media and politician driven thing and not a general voter thing. Many supporters of Cruz and Rubio will eventually get over it and vote for Trump. Once Bernie is out, I don't know how many of his young supporters will even go and vote for Hillary.

People thought Hillary supporters wouldn't vote for Obama. The Sanders supporters will line up right behind Hillary.

I have no idea what we independents will do. I can't possibly vote for Trump--he's absolutely frightening. At least Hillary is just 4 more years of a version of Obama. That's predictably bad.

• Haha (+1) 1

People thought Hillary supporters wouldn't vote for Obama. The Sanders supporters will line up right behind Hillary.

I'm all in on Bernie, but if he doesn't win I will in no way shape or form even consider voting for Hillary. If he doesn't get the nomination I'll either go Trump or a 3rd party.

One thing about Hillary that I haven't heard discussed much is if she were to win the nomination, nothing would bring out Republican voters like voting against Hillary.

• Haha (+1) 1

I have no idea what we independents will do. I can't possibly vote for Trump--he's absolutely frightening. At least Hillary is just 4 more years of a version of Obama. That's predictably bad.

I don't know many Independents that want that.

• Haha (+1) 1

Trump's frightening? Hillary's not frightening?

One is owned by no one and the other is owned by banks, corporations and foreign governments.

Trump's frightening? Hillary's not frightening?

One is owned by no one and the other is owned by banks, corporations and foreign governments.

Hillary is owned? LOL, when Bill was Prez the donors openly complained about how they gave all that money and the Clinton's did nothing for them

Hillary is owned? LOL, when Bill was Prez the donors openly complained about how they gave all that money and the Clinton's did nothing for them

The entire American political system is predicated on the fact that Americans have short attention spans.

I'm with you in regards to Trump, but thinking Hillary is just like Obama is dramatically underestimating her ambition. Hillary is far more hawkish than anyone left on the right (minus Rubio who won't be the nominee) and she fully believes it's her destiny to not only be president, but to leave a legacy. She is as much so, if not more so, in the pocket of the big banks than Obama is/was, not to mention she's far more familiar with how the system works meaning she'll have the ability to reach across the aisle on issues important to her, meaning she'll be able to get more done.

Four years of Hillary will lead to one, if not two new theaters of conflict, individual privacy will be rolled back even more, the income inequality gap will widen, TPP will pass (and in so passing gut what's left of the American middle class), and we'll be one step closer to the corporate fascist state we've been moving towards since the end of WW2.

Hillary would be far more damaging in my mind than anything Obama has done / hasn't done in his 8 years.

All that said, Trump could be unequivocally worse. So I'm stumped.

I'm with you in regards to Trump, but thinking Hillary is just like Obama is dramatically underestimating her ambition. Hillary is far more hawkish than anyone left on the right (minus Rubio who won't be the nominee) and she fully believes it's her destiny to not only be president, but to leave a legacy. She is as much so, if not more so, in the pocket of the big banks than Obama is/was, not to mention she's far more familiar with how the system works meaning she'll have the ability to reach across the aisle on issues important to her, meaning she'll be able to get more done.

Four years of Hillary will lead to one, if not two new theaters of conflict, individual privacy will be rolled back even more, the income inequality gap will widen, TPP will pass (and in so passing gut what's left of the American middle class), and we'll be one step closer to the corporate fascist state we've been moving towards since the end of WW2.

Hillary would be far more damaging in my mind than anything Obama has done / hasn't done in his 8 years.

All that said, Trump could be unequivocally worse. So I'm stumped.

Go with worse. The system needs to be blown up to be rebuilt. It'll happen faster with Trump.