Darby tops Kiper's all rookie team

Pete

Wow that's surprising. Amari Cooper and Todd Gurley are future Pro Bowlers and Jameis Winston is starting to look good. I think Mariota will be good too with a new coordinator (well Tannehill good so not great but good)

Darby's playing at an All-Pro level.

I think he's playing really well but the sample set is too small currently. Is he on a hot streak or is he just really good? Time will tell. He got burned twice on Sunday

Huh? You don't get awarded All-Pro because you were good in the past. It's what have you done for me lately. So far this season, he's played at an All-Pro level. I doubt I could name more than 2 other CB's playing better.

Edited by Doc

Wow that's surprising. Amari Cooper and Todd Gurley are future Pro Bowlers and Jameis Winston is starting to look good. I think Mariota will be good too with a new coordinator (well Tannehill good so not great but good)

FYI Darby is likely a Pro Bowler.

(The craziest thing is that With Flacco, Manning, Brees, Luck all having bad years Tyrod could get an alternate Pro Bowl Nod after the Injuries and the Super Bowl QBs can't make it)

(The craziest thing is that With Flacco, Manning, Brees, Luck all having bad years Tyrod could get an alternate Pro Bowl Nod after the Injuries and the Super Bowl QBs can't make it)

Fitzpatrick and Taylor?

Huh? You don't get awarded All-Pro because you were good in the past. It's what have you done for me lately. So far this season, he's played at an All-Pro level. I doubt I could name more than 2 other CB's playing better.

The Denver tandem.

Seriously though, he has been a pleasant surprise. Our defense would be so much better under another scheme and is hiding how well our CB's are playing. It's too bad. I'm glad we picked him in the second round.

The Denver tandem.

Seriously though, he has been a pleasant surprise. Our defense would be so much better under another scheme and is hiding how well our CB's are playing. It's too bad. I'm glad we picked him in the second round.

the Denver CBs are considered the best in the league, but Talib is a knucklehead with his dirty play/penalties/suspension. Edited by YoloinOhio

Well at least he was right on Jimmy Clausen.

It just goes to show how stupid immediate post-draft grades are. Kiper gives Bills the worst post-draft grade, then grades their first draft pick the best of all rookies.... :doh:

Really, who on here besides maybe Leroi didn't have a "wtf/face palm" moment when they called Darby's name? I had never even heard of him before.

I had never heard of him before either, but after seeing his size/stats and bio, I wondered why he wasn't a 1st rounder. The Bills got a steal.

Well I think that says he's not afraid to admit his mistakes.

Not really. Maybe when he does a re-grade (as he often does) he'll have to admit it. This is not an admission. This is simply grading rookies at this point in time--how they actually have done in the NFL--with no mention of what he thought about them when drafted and graded. He also panned the Karlos Williams pick, though to be fair, he states his original grades are based on:

The draft grades I hand out then are all about deciding which teams added the most overall talent based on my player ratings, how well the teams maneuvered for that talent and whether they hit those needs.

He gave them a favorable rating for Miller--meeting a need and good value at the position drafted.

Really, who on here besides maybe Leroi didn't have a "wtf/face palm" moment when they called Darby's name? I had never even heard of him before.

Since I don't follow college, to me it is always

Who's that guy?

All I can say is the GM has brought in some decent rookies in the past few years.

How much say the HC has ... ???

2nd rd Darby, 5th rd Karlos Williams, 1st rd Sammy, 2nd Kiko, 1st rd Gilmore, 1st rd Dareus, 2nd rd Aaron Williams, imo have worked well.

Not really. Maybe when he does a re-grade (as he often does) he'll have to admit it. This is not an admission. This is simply grading rookies at this point in time--how they actually have done in the NFL--with no mention of what he thought about them when drafted and graded. He also panned the Karlos Williams pick, though to be fair, he states his original grades are based on:

He gave them a favorable rating for Miller--meeting a need and good value at the position drafted.

I was trying to be sarcastic.

Wait, I thought Whaley sucked because of the misses? I mean no GM has misses. He can't get credit for the hits.

The ironic thing is I have been one of the most ardent Whaley detractors but I was one of the only people on this board supporting him for the Darby pick when everyone went nuts after his selection. Just goes to show I don't have biases, it's all about football and being knowledgeable about it.

Edited by BuffaloBillsForever

• 1 month later...

Called It!

Doesn't count. Has to be in a Tyrod thread.

It sure as **** counts. If a ball bounces off of two defenders and a teammate's hands and then is caught, it still counts as a reception. If the prediction is in an off topic thread it still counts!

Still can't believe Darby didn't get the DB nod over Grimes.

It sure as **** counts. If a ball bounces off of two defenders and a teammate's hands and then is caught, it still counts as a reception. If the prediction is in an off topic thread it still counts!

Still can't believe Darby didn't get the DB nod over Grimes.

Sorry, I have already ruled it doesn't count.