Pegula's Approval

Pegula approval  

154 members have voted

1. 1. Aside from not moving the team, how do you grade Pegula's perfomance so far as Bills owner?

2. 2. Aside from not moving the team, how do you grade Pegula's perfomance so far as Sabres owner?

The question was rate them as owners. Not rate their decisions. As owners they are doing it right. Hire people and get out of the way, but keep signing the checks. People make mistakes. The real yardstick is do they learn from them and get it right next time. I assume no one here has ever made a mistake?

+1 Also are they patient enough to give the people they hire a fair chance to succeed and learn from mistakes?

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The question was rate them as owners. Not rate their decisions. As owners they are doing it right. Hire people and get out of the way, but keep signing the checks. People make mistakes. The real yardstick is do they learn from them and get it right next time. I assume no one here has ever made a mistake?

I have made mistakes and I rightly was judged by them. Have you made a mistake and you didn't pay for it or be pressed to not make them?

Not a Sabres follower but from what I recall the Sabres are not that good so the grade can't be above a C right?

He made some huge mistakes when he started, and turned us into a below average team. He spent the last two years blowing the team up, and starting from scratch. Once he started doing that, things started looking up, and the turn around starts this year.

He made some huge mistakes when he started, and turned us into a below average team. He spent the last two years blowing the team up, and starting from scratch. Once he started doing that, things started looking up, and the turn around starts this year.

Mistakes? What was the mistake? Allowing his GM to spend as much money as possible to improve a playoff team?

I may have violated the rules but I am giving pegulas a decade long free pass for saving the franchise. After that the honeymoon is over.

That's literally the reason I started the question off with "Aside from not moving the team" because if that's a factor, they'd both be unanimous A's.

Mistakes? What was the mistake? Allowing his GM to spend as much money as possible to improve a playoff team?

Keeping Darcy on as long as he did was clearly a mistake, even if only in hindsight. Throwing money at a team doesn't always make them good, especally in a league ruled by salary caps.

So, other than that, how was the play, Mrs Lincoln?

It's hard for me to exclude the fact that the Bills are staying.

They've done what a good owner should do, try to get the right people to run the team and win. If they were center stage I be bothered. I think they'll get it right eventually.

Edited by Augie

This is like grading a draft. Nobody has any idea, including Pegula and every single poster on this board, until years from now.

We were a .500 team last year and we're a .500 team this year. How can anyone expect us to be more than that, expect ANY team to be more than that when we have a brand new system on both sides of the ball, no 1st round pick last year, and 2 weeks before the season starts we aren't sure who our qb is going to be, and the one that we choose to be our starter has never started an NFL game before.

I guess that means the head coach must suck and the owner is an idiot for hiring him.

So we're not a playoff team and it's really a surprise? Really?

As far as the owner goes, how can you not like Pegula. He's new at the game, a smart guy, and seems committed to winning. My only knock on the guy is why didn't he step up a few years ago and work a deal with Ralph so that the taxpayers didn't have to waste tens of millions to put a band aid on a stadium that is going to be demolished in a few years.

Probably Ralph's fault,but either way an embarrassing blunder that cost the community dearly.

This is like grading a draft. Nobody has any idea, including Pegula and every single poster on this board, until years from now.

We were a .500 team last year and we're a .500 team this year. How can anyone expect us to be more than that, expect ANY team to be more than that when we have a brand new system on both sides of the ball, no 1st round pick last year, and 2 weeks before the season starts we aren't sure who our qb is going to be, and the one that we choose to be our starter has never started an NFL game before.

I guess that means the head coach must suck and the owner is an idiot for hiring him.

So we're not a playoff team and it's really a surprise? Really?

As far as the owner goes, how can you not like Pegula. He's new at the game, a smart guy, and seems committed to winning. My only knock on the guy is why didn't he step up a few years ago and work a deal with Ralph so that the taxpayers didn't have to waste tens of millions to put a band aid on a stadium that is going to be demolished in a few years.

Probably Ralph's fault,but either way an embarrassing blunder that cost the community dearly.

This is a pretty good post pointing out that nobody has any idea until years from now, but then the post goes down hill fast when you knock Pegula for tearing down a stadium and wasting taxpayers money,

Hello Pot? Kettle. Black.

Because the coaching, other than Def Coordinator, appeared to be horrible last season and an established head coach and Offensive Coordinator were brought in. Incognito was added to a poor offensive line. McCoy, Harvin & Clay were added as offensive weapons. It was presumed the defense would be just as good as they were last season and the offense would be improved.

Well, the offense has been significantly improved (9th in the league in points scored) but the defense has been much worse than last year. Roman may still frustrate fans with his playcalling but he's light years better than Hackett.

I believe most Bills fans expected an increase in wins over the 9-7 of last year and an end to the playoff drought. It can still happen but is unlikely.

I gave them a B for both teams. I like what is happening with the Sabres after 2 dreadful years. The Bills seem to be stuck in the middle with no franchise altering talent to be had in the draft. At least we made it to December again. Rex may or may not be the answer as head coach, but I hope we don't change coaches again. The merry go round of poor play has as much to do with coaching turnover as it does with player talent and execution.

If we beat Houston and Philly to get in playoff position, who knows?

The Pegulas do what owners are supposed to do. Put people in charge and let them do their job, and spend. If it doesn't work out, they address it in the offseason. I'm sure that will be the case with the Bills.

This.

I'm not sure what you want from them? It hasn't even been a full season, and there isn't much they can do right now. I would be more worried if they became meddlesome.

For one thing, drawing talented people to the organization can be tough if the owners do things like fire the head coach in the middle of his first season, in the first year of their ownership.

That said, I hope they fire Ryan at the end of the season!!

Edited by HoF Watkins