The Honeymoon Period is Over With The Pegulas

K-Apps

As much as I like the fact the Pegulas bought the team and are committed to keep the team in Buffalo. As owners I have not been impressed with them as owner. I know I know, they have only been owners for a year, but the biggest decision they have made so far was hiring Rex Ryan. The sheer fact that they were ones that hired him personally instead of allowing Whaley and the other football personnel do it is just the type of hand-on approach that a constant criticism of the Ralph Wilson era. Pegula made a similar mistake early in his Sabres tenure instead of letting go the Reiger/Ruff regime, he lets the stick around and the Sabres collapse and are now re-building. I'm not saying the Pegulas are bad owners, I'm just questioning their ability to trust their football personnel and empower them instead of stepping on their shoes and making executive decision without their input.

Edited by K-Apps

As much as I like the fact the Pegulas bought the team and are committed to keep the team in Buffalo. As owners I have not been impressed with them as owner. I know I know, they have only been owners for a year, but the biggest decision they have made so far was hiring Rex Ryan. The sheer fact that they were ones that hired him personally instead of allowing Whaley and the other football personnel do it is just the type of hand-on approach that a constant criticism of the Ralph Wilson era. Pegula made a similar mistake early in his Sabres tenure instead of letting go the Reiger/Ruff regime, he lets the stick around and the Sabres collapse and are now re-building. I'm not saying the Pegulas are bad owners, I'm just questioning their ability to trust their football personnel and empower them instead of stepping on their shoes and making executive decision without their input.

Yeah Pegulas didn't throw the challenge flag. :doh:

Anytime your owners are involved with hiring anyone except for the executive VP in charge of football operations, it is a huge mistake. They shouldn't be involved with the interviewing or have any say in the hiring/firing of a GM/personnel guys/coaches. NONE.

Edited by LabattBlue

My overarching point that who hired Rex and did not do their due diligence in doing research on Rex Ryan as a head coach. I think that would be the Pegulas

True, but why would they make such an important decision without the benefit of advice from a wise head. I mean having heard of Rex Ryan just isn't reason enuf. 25 for 5 - are you kidding me?

Anytime your owners are involved with hiring anyone except for the executive VP in charge of football operations, it is a huge mistake. They shouldn't be involved with the interviewing or have any say in the hiring/firing of a GM/personnel guys/coaches. NONE.

Thank you that was my whole point. I blame that on inexperience, hopefully they understand that you must empower your football personnel to make decisions, now do some of the decision for them. Hopefully they get a President of Football Operations along with Whaley in the offseason moving forward and allow them to make the personnel moves.

This is taking the narcissistic desire for instant gratification to a whole new level. :lol:

This is taking the narcissistic desire for instant gratification to a whole new level. :lol:

No, it's seeing the one of the big problems with the Bills franchise in last 15 years perpetuating terribly, bad coaching hires particularly retreads.

Wow, I said this when they bought the team. History repeats itself. The good news is we may be looking at a quicker turn around then the Sabres, but I knew it would get worse before it got better. I was optimistic, but the Bills are done this year.

Rex should get canned, but it won't happen. The Pegulas will keep him on board for one or two more years. They have to give him time to make the team "his". All Ryan has done was extend his Jets mess to Buffalo.

No, it's seeing the one of the big problems with the Bills franchise in last 15 years perpetuating terribly, bad coaching hires particularly retreads.

You're complaining about the performance over less than a season.

Yes, it's a narcissistic need for instant gratification. Grow up.

You, young man.. or young girl.. need to get a grip.

1. The only reason the Bills are in Bflo to make you upset is because of TP.

2. If you expect instant NFL winnings because of one season of changes... you are wrong.

It's premature at this point to be raging at TP or RR. For context: Belicheck was 5-11 his first season with the Patsys.

Edited by boater

2. If you expect instant NFL winnings because of one season of changes... you are wrong.

It's premature at this point to be raging at TP or RR. For context: Belicheck was 5-11 his first season with the Patsys.

I agree on the Pegulas. Their honeymoon lasts as long as they would like...they own the team.

I really liked Ryan when he was hired and he seems like a great guy in a lot of ways, but he was given a roster loaded with talent and he has done nothing with it.

I was afraid of this happening. Look how they ran the Sabres into the dirt, and they were a good team! This coaching staff is an F-ing joke! To ruin a great defense with pure arrogance is appalling, play calling is so junior high it's sickening, and don't even get me started on the douchebag coaching the special teams!

F$%k Whaley, too~

I was afraid of this happening. Look how they ran the Sabres into the dirt, and they were a good team! This coaching staff is an F-ing joke! To ruin a great defense with pure arrogance is appalling, play calling is so junior high it's sickening, and don't even get me started on the douchebag coaching the special teams!

F$%k Whaley, too~

The Sabres that are doing pretty good now??

They were one of the leagues better teams, but we kept the arrogant POS Douchey Regier in charge, which was ludicrous! He nose dived the team, and it looked like he did it on purpose!

They are far from where they were, and other than a couple players, are not even remotely close to competing for anything!

I said in my post that I'm glad the Pegulas are keeping the Bills in Buffalo. In fact, what is happening right now is what I'm expecting because I was against the Ryan hire from the start. Jets fans criticized him for not utilizing his challenges and terrible in-game adjustments and situation awareness and he has not improved on either aspect. He also took a good defense last year and made in worse particularly not using the D-Line when they were healthy to this potential. Rex is a not a good coach, let's not pretending at this point, we have nearly 5 seasons of evidence of that and Pegulas should've done their research on Rex Ryan before they hired him.

I said in my post that I'm glad the Pegulas are keeping the Bills in Buffalo. In fact, what is happening right now is what I'm expecting because I was against the Ryan hire from the start. Jets fans criticized him for not utilizing his challenges and terrible in-game adjustments and situation awareness and he has not improved on either aspect. He also took a good defense last year and made in worse particularly not using the D-Line when they were healthy to this potential. Rex is a not a good coach, let's not pretending at this point, we have nearly 5 seasons of evidence of that and Pegulas should've done their research on Rex Ryan before they hired him.

Good Reply. Valid points. I just differ on the time-frame.. I suggest hiring or firing a HC or GM, needs to be done on more than one season of results. ...and I say that even though my A-- H--- hurts from today.

A long time ago, i said i was sick of Rex's mouth running and no results. I got flamed by Rex supporters. After today, if you still think Rex is the answer you need mental help.

Unfortunately Im proud to say that i called Rex a blowhard loser since day 1.

Just go about your phocking business Rex instead of a Bills Truck, eating dog biscuits, putting on a Clemson helmet, giving players wristbands, calling out the Pats in week 2 etc....

Unfortunately Im proud to say that i called Rex a blowhard loser since day 1.

Just go about your phocking business Rex instead of a Bills Truck, eating dog biscuits, putting on a Clemson helmet, giving players wristbands, calling out the Pats in week 2 etc....

I'll say it again.. for context.. Belichek went 5-11 his first season with the Pats, deposing RR at this point, would be stupidity.

Congrats.

This is the most uninformed statement I'll read today.

Well done...again.

Really? You don't think they are in it for the money? Seriously? Have you seen where Sabre ticket prices have gone while the on ice product is not good.

Really? You don't think they are in it for the money? Seriously? Have you seen where Sabre ticket prices have gone while the on ice product is not good.

Yes really.

Terry could make another $1B with a wave of his hand, as could most of the NFL owners.

These teams are his play toys. Owning natural gas rich lands is his money-maker.