Refs in Football

Numark3

What other sport can fans be mad at coaching every week for not fixing ref's pathetic attempts at calling the right play? Rex deserves blame and should be fired, but there is a deeper problem in football right now. The refs dictate the outcome way too much

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

It didn't help, but I am sick and tired of the Bills being forced to challenge obviously bad calls. Why is it other teams always seem to get the benefit of the doubt against us and we are left to have to challenge...

I mean how can Maclin's catch be ruled a catch when the tip of the ball obviously hit the ground and Hogan's ruled no catch after he took 3 steps, braced for a hit and maintained control of the ball until he hit the ground and it bounced out?? It's ridiculous that we are constantly put in this position to begin with.

It didn't help, but I am sick and tired of the Bills being forced to challenge obviously bad calls. Why is it other teams always seem to get the benefit of the doubt against us and we are left to have to challenge...

I mean how can Maclin's catch be ruled a catch when the tip of the ball obviously hit the ground and Hogan's ruled no catch after he took 3 steps, braced for a hit and maintained control of the ball until he hit the ground and it bounced out?? It's ridiculous that we are constantly put in this position to begin with.

agreed and my point. Something is fundamentally wrong in football

We deserved to lose with poor play on D, but I'm tired of being on receiving end of bad calls like that.

Something was seriously wrong on our communication with the challenges. How did that happen? That was on us.

Edited by SF Bills Fan

Yes, the refs blew a couple calls today. They can be counted on for that. But the brain dead Bills coaching cost them the game.

Who was in charge of the safeties today? Where were they? No help for Darby. No help on Maclin. On Kelce's TD, both safeties bumped into each other covering the wrong guy, and Darby ended up overmatched by Kelce. No help.

Team loss. They always figure out a way to lose to KC. Last year it was Bryce Brown fumbling into the end zone and Chandler forgetting to fall on it. The year before it was a pick 6 on first and goal from the 1 yard line. This year it was brain dead coaching.

We can win every game from here on out. We really can. Kansas City is a hot team, and hard to beat at home. But today we should have won the game.

I agree - the headlines and fan vitriol will be all about how Rex screwed the challenges, but if the refs just do their jobs even competently on multiple plays there is not even a discussion

Hogan makes a nice play but gets penalized by crappy refering, not sure if that is a word. The ref makes abad call and no one else on the ref crew says , hey he caught that pass. Puts the onus on the coach to challenge, Flippin stupid way to run a business.

It didn't help, but I am sick and tired of the Bills being forced to challenge obviously bad calls.

Yep, it's frustrating. How any competent human being could call that Hogan catch incomplete is beyond me. He takes three steps, gets hit and doesn't drop the ball until he hits the ground. A blind ref would get that call right 50% of the time.

If anyone watches non-bills games, this happens throughout the league. What about the god awful push off by maclin?

The rules need to be simplified, there need to be full time refs that know what they are doing, and there needs to be someone up in a booth reviewing each play for bad officiating.

What other sport can fans be mad at coaching every week for not fixing ref's pathetic attempts at calling the right play? Rex deserves blame and should be fired, but there is a deeper problem in football right now. The refs dictate the outcome way too much

I turned off the TV after Monday's inadvertent whistle, and haven't watched any football since. I refuse to waste my time watching an activity where the actual game has become interpreting the rules, and the teams only serve to facilitate the ref's officiating.

Teams should NOT have to decide whether or not to review horrible calls. Refs get unlimited challenges under 2 minutes. Absolute bull ****.

Teams shouldn't be docked a challenge if they correctly challenge a call. As it is now teams have to decide if they want to challenge a bad call in the first half and then be down to one challenge later when they might need two. It's a ridiculous system. Teams should get as many challenges as they need in-so-long as they are right with their challenges. As it is now they can only prevent two bad calls and have to forgo challenges earlier in the game to ensure they have them late.

So another week and another apology form the NFL for their mistakes- Rex and his staff deserve tuns of criticism but I can no longer stomach what this league allows for officiating- at the end of the broadcast the kiss arse Gannon actually served up some string criticism for Rex and his staff for not challenging the Hogan no catch- hey Rich- here's and idea-

GET OFFFCIALS THAT CAN MAKE CORRECT CALLS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! WEEK AFTER WEEK WE HAVE TO WATCH THESE INCOMPETENTS TRY TO DECIDE A CATCH/NO CATCH- SPOTS OF THE BALL- PASS INTERFERENCE/NO PASS INTERFERENCE- GET A CLUE!! HIRE SOME FULL TIME COMPETENT PEOPLE!!

DO WE BOYCOTT? WRITE LETTERS? MAKE PHONE CALLS? WHAT WILL GET THE LEAGUE'S ATTENTION?

Edited by racecitybills

You cannot expect an official to make the correct call on the Maclin pass in real time. It's a microscopic play. You have to see it in slow motion from a perfect angle to know it was not a catch. That's ridiculous to blame officials on that play. Blame Bills coaches in the booth not alerting Rex in time not the officials.