Thigpen is Back!....Moore and Boom are Out!

26CornerBlitz

I have to wonder WTF is happening at OBD. Cutting and re-signing the same players over and over again? Are the inmates running the asylum here? Next thing you know Fred will be back and this board will completely explode! Seriously, many of the personnel moves this season have made nearly zero sense. Cutting Thiggy probably cost us the Cheats game, and may have cost us the season. <SMH>

i guess I'll be the one to tell you that fringe roster players are cut and re-signed by the same team all the time around the league.

Can you imagine what the second unit looks like? Probably have Mulligan back there on returns.

I find it amazing that there are posters here or serious Bills fans anywhere that didn't know we have two different KR units and have for years. It's blatantly obvious. And you can immediately tell which one is which. We get really good and sometimes great returns when the good one is out there, virtually always. But for some reason the stupid Bills coaches and management (I would blame this on the Pegulas and Buddy Nix) put out the bad unit, which invariably sucks and never ever gets a good return. I am so done wth this team.

i guess I'll be the one to tell you that fringe roster players are cut and re-signed by the same team all the time around the league.

You would think with that big sickle thing in his hand he would know about this.

I am more concerned about the players on roster who never seem to get any snaps even on special teams and are always inactive. Mills at least got a couple snaps as an eligible extra blocker.

Welcome back Thigpen!

With the signing of Groy; is that an indicator that John Miller will be out for awhile?

Maybe. They have Jordan Mills but I do not think her has experience as guard.

Order restored!

LOL!! i cant argue. he aint that good but better than what Bills have trotted out more recently. leo should only play defense and Moore should have not been picked up.

At least this team keeps bringing in players to look at. kind of like scouting them, and the ones that offer an upgrade you grab. Smart thinking against injuries.

But it's a bit embarrassing to be bringing Thigpen back after dumping him isn't it ?

Do you ever wonder why the average fan could see Moore was not a contributor while Thigpen is literally one of the better kick returners in the NFL? Yet the powers to be cut Thigpen. Glad to see him back but I don't understand why he wasn't here from the beginning.

he really was not that good for us.

I remember when they signed Moore there was mention that Lal really wanted him. So they rolled the dice based on input from one their position coaches, and it didn't work out. I am just glad to not have Mclovin back there anymore.

yes I recall that he was associated to Lal kinda.

and yes Leo should never return again. He overthinks these things

Can you imagine what the second unit looks like? Probably have Mulligan back there on returns.

How does he look?

Worth a shot.

wait can he actually catch a football?

I find it amazing that there are posters here or serious Bills fans anywhere that didn't know we have two different KR units and have for years. It's blatantly obvious. And you can immediately tell which one is which. We get really good and sometimes great returns when the good one is out there, virtually always. But for some reason the stupid Bills coaches and management (I would blame this on the Pegulas and Buddy Nix) put out the bad unit, which invariably sucks and never ever gets a good return. I am so done wth this team.

I have suspected this for years.

Nix is The Consultant after all !

My thoughts

I REALLY liked D. Moore as a WR when he was with the raiders....but holy jesus has he been bad

I STILL think that Boom is a quality RB......would have liked to see him hang in some way as the 3rd back....but NOT as a returner

and McKelvin? THere was a time when McKelvin was a VERY dangerous return guy.....but......

I tried to look this up on the NFL transactions page, but the app is so clunky it would take hours. Most of the fringe activity I saw involved practice squad players, not players on the active roster. I just don't remember the Bills ever doing this kind of thing before, cutting and then re-signing the exact same players multiple times during the year.

I tried to look this up on the NFL transactions page, but the app is so clunky it would take hours. Most of the fringe activity I saw involved practice squad players, not players on the active roster. I just don't remember the Bills ever doing this kind of thing before, cutting and then re-signing the exact same players multiple times during the year.

they only cut and re-signed Thigpen once, not multiple times. And outside of maybe Andre fluellen at the beginning of the year, another fringe guy, I don't recall any others. But yes, every team has to do this and its because of injuries that pop up throughout the year where they need depth in certain areas. An example is Bryce brown in Seattle who was signed, cut and re-signed by the Seahawks in the span of about a month. Josh Johnson, when he was with the colts, was signed, cut, re-signed, and cut again in a 2 week span in October. Edited by YoloinOhio

they only cut and re-signed Thigpen once, not multiple times. And outside of maybe Andre fluellen at the beginning of the year, another fringe guy, I don't recall any others. But yes, every team has to do this and its because of injuries that pop up throughout the year where they need depth in certain areas. An example is Bryce brown in Seattle who was signed, cut and re-signed by the Seahawks in the span of about a month. Josh Johnson, when he was with the colts, was signed, cut, re-signed, and cut again in a 2 week span in October.

The multiple times wasn't for the same player, sorry, I should have been more clear. Gay, Thiggy, Cassel are what I meant by multiple times. We cut, signed, and cut Cassel in 10 days if I remember right. It just looks weird.

The multiple times wasn't for the same player, sorry, I should have been more clear. Gay, Thiggy, Cassel are what I meant by multiple times. We cut, signed, and cut Cassel in 10 days if I remember right. It just looks weird.

Patriots do it pretty often. They released Dekoda Watson in September, resigned him a couple weeks later, then released him again a couple weeks after that.