538 - Bills chances of making playoffs now less than KC's

dave mcbride

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

In many ways we are mirror images with each other with one exception. We are significantly better in rushing offense, somewhat equivalent in passing, equivalent in overall defense, pass defense, and rush defense.

In points offense and defense, we are 6th to their 10th, and equivalent on pts with defense.

We're going to beat them without Jamal Charles in a nail biter. remember our stats are based upon several games with up to 7 offensive starters out, and up to 3 defensive starters out.

I still firmly believe we can beat everyone, but the Patriots. I'm still hopeful for a Patriots win, but it is unlikely. If Rex can finally get it together on defense playing press on these WR, it's possible with the loss of their RB and Edelman, we could have a chance.

http://projects.fivethirtyeight.com/2015-nfl-predictions/

This is presumably because the Bills have to play at NE and at KC. KC is better team than people think, by the way -- they could easily be 6-3 now if not for some bad breaks. Their new RB, West, looks to be pretty solid too. They have a ridiculously easy schedule the rest of the way too.

Bills are a better road team and I think we take of KC on the road...

Not to mention without 2 disastrous plays at their 1 yard line the past 2 matchups, we would have won going away...KC got smoked by us on both sides of the ball in those games.

KC has four division games left -- why is that an "easy" schedule? A week ago Oakland was the greatest thing since sliced bread, but now they will be two easy Ws for KC? Same goes for SD -- sure, they aren't great, but they've been competitive in every game and have a good veteran QB.

Bottom line -- the Bills control their own destiny and are capable of beating or losing to anyone on their remaining schedule. If they go 4-3 they're probably in; 5-2 almost certainly.

Let the chips fall where they may.

The Chargers have too many injuries, in my opinion.

Only if your competing against a team in your division.

I believe it's conference record if not.

Division record doesn't matter for wild card status. It's conference record.

I was thinking about this today, that the KC game will most likely determine the Bills' playoff fate.

Yup. It's kind of its own November playoff game. Their win over Denver cemented that.

KC has four division games left -- why is that an "easy" schedule? A week ago Oakland was the greatest thing since sliced bread, but now they will be two easy Ws for KC? Same goes for SD -- sure, they aren't great, but they've been competitive in every game and have a good veteran QB.

Bottom line -- the Bills control their own destiny and are capable of beating or losing to anyone on their remaining schedule. If they go 4-3 they're probably in; 5-2 almost certainly.

Let the chips fall where they may.

If they go 4-3 but one loss is to Chiefs they are probably out. That game is big.

I've done my own playoff calculations and I've determined that the Jacksonville loss really, really, really, really, really hurt us.

It is always that one game that hurst us....Last year it was the loss against Oakland. This year it is the JAX.

http://projects.fivethirtyeight.com/2015-nfl-predictions/

This is presumably because the Bills have to play at NE and at KC. KC is better team than people think, by the way -- they could easily be 6-3 now if not for some bad breaks. Their new RB, West, looks to be pretty solid too. They have a ridiculously easy schedule the rest of the way too.

And it will go up if the Bills win... So it means nothing.

Wake up people, KC is not NE and their best player is out for the year. KC has two play Oakland and San Diego twice who are at least equal in talent. Not to mention play the Bills who will be red hot after their win against NE. :thumbsup:

K.c is definitely not NE but don't be fooled that this will be an easy game. It is very tough to win in arrowhead when the chiefs are good or bad, and they definitely have a descent team

Bills are a better road team and I think we take of KC on the road...

Not to mention without 2 disastrous plays at their 1 yard line the past 2 matchups, we would have won going away...KC got smoked by us on both sides of the ball in those games.

I agree with this -- the Bills have looked pretty sweet on the road this year (I'm choosing to ignore London/EJ). Strange since the atmosphere at home is such a zoo, but these Bills appear to play with an edge on the road, and that will help at Arrowhead.

This. Getting to the playoffs is nice, but if we stand no chance to advance, my excitement level goes down quite a bit.

Not me. I will be happy to never talk about being the team with the longest streak of not making the playoffs thanks.

Get in and anything can happen. See Rex's Jets teams.

one more week

http://espn.go.com/nfl/playoffs/machine

KC always seems to beat us so I'm not getting too over-confident about that game.

They could very easily drop one to the Chargers, which would help a LOT.

Are you sure about that? Bills edge 5-3 in the last decade.

KC won the last 2 against Kyle Orton & Jeff Tuel but lost the previous 2 both Fitz vs Matt Cassel 35-14 & 41-7

http://www.footballdb.com/teams/nfl/buffalo-bills/teamvsteam?opp=16

Edited by BillsFan-4-Ever