ESPN SC Segment on Bills

KDIGGZ

They just had a segment on Sports Center about the keys to the game. It's fine if they think the Jets will win but it was full of so much inaccurate info that it was making my head spin

1) the Bills have a sputtering offense that has only scored 17 or fewer points in our 4 wins. Wtf?

2) the Jets have a great secondary that can play man on the Bills receivers and shut them down. Oh really? Last I checked they are starting backups at both safety spots and at one of the CB's.

3)Mark Sclereth said the Bills defense isn't playing well because the DL has to drop back in coverage. Didn't he watch the last game? Or did he just go by what he read in the newspaper last month?

4) the Jets have an overall better team with more talent. Wtf they can't be serious

Just completely idiotic and ignorant. I can't believe they would spread such nonsense to the nation. I have friends from college that live elsewhere that buy into this nonsense and then repeat it to me and I just have to roll my eyes. Nice work ESPN "experts"

They just had a segment on Sports Center about the keys to the game. It's fine if they think the Jets will win but it was full of so much inaccurate info that it was making my head spin

1) the Bills have a sputtering offense that has only scored 17 or fewer points in our 4 wins. Wtf?

2) the Jets have a great secondary that can play man on the Bills receivers and shut them down. Oh really? Last I checked they are starting backups at both safety spots and at one of the CB's.

3)Mark Sclereth said the Bills defense isn't playing well because the DL has to drop back in coverage. Didn't he watch the last game? Or did he just go by what he read in the newspaper last month?

4) the Jets have an overall better team with more talent. Wtf they can't be serious

Just completely idiotic and ignorant. I can't believe they would spread such nonsense to the nation. I have friends from college that live elsewhere that buy into this nonsense and then repeat it to me and I just have to roll my eyes. Nice work ESPN "experts"

I think you could make this argument, TBH.

I think you could make this argument, TBH.

The only place that I think the Jets have a clear advantage in talent is at LB. I might give them the nod at WR since they're top 3 are healthy and Buffalo is missing Harvin, but I think that's a debate.

If we go down position-by-position, they have it better at LT and C, but Buffalo has better OGs, so OL is probably a wash.

The only place that I think the Jets have a clear advantage in talent is at LB. I might give them the nod at WR since they're top 3 are healthy and Buffalo is missing Harvin, but I think that's a debate.

If we go down position-by-position, they have it better at LT and C, but Buffalo has better OGs, so OL is probably a wash.

D-line is at best a wash too, especially when you consider what our D-line has been doing, and with Kyle out. CB, Bills slight edge. S wash, full of backups. RB, Bills if McCoy is healthy. I wanna say QB is Bills, depending on how Taylor handles the pressure and contain.

At the end of the day, they have a defense that's top 5 and 1st against the run. They're certainly performing better than us.

It's an arguable point.

Edited by FireChan

Yes beat me to it. Position by position there's no way you can look at their lineup tonight vs ours and say it's more talented so we will lose. If anything it's a wash at many positions. They have Revis but a lot of backup players in their secondary. Brandon Marshall is a beast but Sammy is playing well now too. They don't have players as talented as McCoy, Clay, Tyrod. We certainly don't have a talent deficit going into this matchup

D-line is at best a wash too, especially when you consider what our D-line has been doing, and with Kyle out. CB, Bills slight edge. S wash, full of backups. RB, Bills if McCoy is healthy. I wanna say QB is Bills, depending on how Taylor handles the pressure and contain.

At the end of the day, they have a defense that's top 5 and 1st against the run. They're certainly performing better than us.

It's an arguable point.

It's arguable that they have comparable talent but not so much talent that it gives them any sort of advantage which is what Sclereth was saying. It was one of his keys to the game and a reason why we would lose and that's just laughable

NYC big market, Buffalo small market

They cater to big markets to maintain their advertising money....I never watch ESPN SC... the only time i will watch ESPN is tonight and that will be it

Yes beat me to it. Position by position there's no way you can look at their lineup tonight vs ours and say it's more talented so we will lose. If anything it's a wash at many positions. They have Revis but a lot of backup players in their secondary. Brandon Marshall is a beast but Sammy is playing well now too. They don't have players as talented as McCoy, Clay, Tyrod. We certainly don't have a talent deficit going into this matchup

It's arguable that they have comparable talent but not so much talent that it gives them any sort of advantage which is what Sclereth was saying. It was one of his keys to the game and a reason why we would lose and that's just laughable

Like I said, their defense is performing much better than we are. They may be more talented at what they are being asked to do, than our players are at what they are being asked to do.

Like I said, their defense is performing much better than we are. They may be more talented at what they are being asked to do, than our players are at what they are being asked to do.

I think diggz is saying that had Schlereth simply said that the Jets' D is performing better right now, then he'd have a point. Simply stating that the Jets are the more talented team doesn't really have much foundation in reality.

I think diggz is saying that had Schlereth simply said that the Jets' D is performing better right now, then he'd have a point. Simply stating that the Jets are the more talented team doesn't really have much foundation in reality.

Fair enough.

It's actually a great matchup. I'm excited to see our CB's on Marshall and Decker. The guy I'm most worried about is Kerley.

Manish Metta on GR yesterday said that LB is a very weak position on the Jets. So maybe right now both groups suck?

Our LB's be okay if they would just make tackles when they have the oportuinity

Manish Metta on GR yesterday said that LB is a very weak position on the Jets. So maybe right now both groups suck?

Our LB's be okay if they would just make tackles when they have the oportuinity

I didn't hear the segment with Manish but he's probably referring to their missed tackles and inability to stop the running game on the edges/in space. It is very similar to the Bills. Good run D up the middle, bad on the swing pass.

Edited by YoloinOhio

1) He knows his stats! :wallbash: 27 against Indy; 41 against Miami; 17 against Ten; 33 against Miami2. Average = 29.5 points! Overall we're averaging over 26 points per game 8th in The League.

2) http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-videos/0ap3000000577533/Is-Revis-Island-now-inhabitable

Fair enough.

It's actually a great matchup. I'm excited to see our CB's on Marshall and Decker. The guy I'm most worried about is Kerley.

Robey?

I find that a lot of national sports reporting is not accurate.

The local media/fans for each team are always the most knowledgable and tuned into the reality of day-to-day developments.

Like when they predict the starting QB during TC? :D

This is why I rarely watch ESPN except for Berman's Sunday morning. They never seem to know anything about the Bills. I get a much more balanced, and accurate opinions etc. from NFLN and NFLR. The guys on NFL Radio seem to know the Bills better than most radio guys. They are also fairly unbiased. When I use the WGR App, I find either the local guys ar too biased for or against players and coaches on the team.

This is why I rarely watch ESPN except for Berman's Sunday morning. They never seem to know anything about the Bills. I get a much more balanced, and accurate opinions etc. from NFLN and NFLR. The guys on NFL Radio seem to know the Bills better than most radio guys. They are also fairly unbiased. When I use the WGR App, I find either the local guys ar too biased for or against players and coaches on the team.

my favorite guy to listen to about the Bills is Kelso. No bias either way, no BS, no attempt to be funny or playing into narratives - just staight X's and O's. Murph has him on the Friday night before games and he's like a living breathing all-22 of both teams. He just talks for like 15 minutes and some think he's boring but I find it to be the most informative segment of the week. Edited by YoloinOhio

i think I'll pass based on your post above :lol:

Good choice. To summarize:

1)Bills defense is struggling

2)Revis is going to shut down Sammy

3)Some love for the Bills from their fantasy football guy saying Jets like to blitz and Tyrod has the best completion percentage vs the blitz in the NFL (not to mention his escapability). But he went on to say not to play Sammy because he's a boom or bust type player and he won't have back to back big games

4)Teddy Bruschi actually picked the Bills to win and Tyrod is the difference maker

5)Schlereth said the Jets CB's are too good in coverage so he's taking the Jets (lol)

God Bless the handicapped

The one factual item I can clarify id this - The Bills have scored 17 or fewer points twice 1 W and 1 L. 10 & 14. In 8 games - 25.25 points per game on the offense. Total 26.125 per game with the pick 6.

NYC big market, Buffalo small market

They cater to big markets to maintain their advertising money....I never watch ESPN SC... the only time i will watch ESPN is tonight and that will be it

Big market??? there are 2735 ticket listings offered from $56 to $1334 each for tonight's game.

Until the Bills show that they can play consistently solid football, they should not be favored to win against anybody. This team lost to Jacksonville.

Good choice. To summarize:

1)Bills defense is struggling

2)Revis is going to shut down Sammy

3)Some love for the Bills from their fantasy football guy saying Jets like to blitz and Tyrod has the best completion percentage vs the blitz in the NFL (not to mention his escapability). But he went on to say not to play Sammy because he's a boom or bust type player and he won't have back to back big games

4)Teddy Bruschi actually picked the Bills to win and Tyrod is the difference maker

5)Schlereth said the Jets CB's are too good in coverage so he's taking the Jets (lol)

1) True

2) The offensive coaches may be too chicken to test Revis, possibly true.

3) See above

4) Agree

5) See 2

No the only place they have a clear advantage is in record which trumps all by a factor of like maybe 10 to 1.

So if we have better talent or at least equal to the Jet's which everyone seems to be pointing out, why is their record better?

No the only place they have a clear advantage is in record which trumps all by a factor of like maybe 10 to 1.

So if we have better talent or at least equal to the Jet's which everyone seems to be pointing out, why is their record better?

im not sure if this is a serious question but just in case

1) they played Cleveland, we played Cincy in AFC north

2) they had backup QB for 1 game, we had backup QB for 2

my favorite guy to listen to about the Bills is Kelso. No bias either way, no BS, no attempt to be funny or playing into narratives - just staight X's and O's. Murph has him on the Friday night before games and he's like a living breathing all-22 of both teams. He just talks for like 15 minutes and some think he's boring but I find it to be the most informative segment of the week.

If I'm remembering correctly Kelso said before the Miami game that last year the linebackers were asked to play 5 yards off the ball and were very instinctive and just ran right to it effectively. This year they are asked to be three yards off the ball and they are getting bottled up and not getting to the ball in time. It's somewhat simplistic and not always the case of course but it's also true to a large extent. Edited by Kelly the Dog

ESPN is too busy sucking off the Pats and standing with pitchforks outside of Cowboys Stadium to come up with anything coherent about everyone else right now.

Until the Bills show that they can play consistently solid football, they should not be favored to win against anybody. This team lost to Jacksonville.

Do you believe they lose to Jax if Tyrod and Sammy and Karlos play?

Yeah I know all teams have to deal with injuries. But that counts a lot of other guys being injured.

im not sure if this is a serious question but just in case

1) they played Cleveland, we played Cincy in AFC north

2) they had backup QB for 1 game, we had backup QB for 2

Teams this year have a 5-18 record when the backup starts, so you're right, not many teams can recover from losing their starter.

The Bills have no excuses tonight. If they want to be considered one of the better teams in the AFC and get the inside track to the playoffs they have to win tonight. This is as close to a "must win" as you can get in the 9th game of the season.