ESPN SC Segment on Bills

KDIGGZ

1) He knows his stats! :wallbash: 27 against Indy; 41 against Miami; 17 against Ten; 33 against Miami2. Average = 29.5 points! Overall we're averaging over 26 points per game 8th in The League.

2) http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-videos/0ap3000000577533/Is-Revis-Island-now-inhabitable

Nanker, 17? :oops: check your stats man.

Like I said, their defense is performing much better than we are. They may be more talented at what they are being asked to do, than our players are at what they are being askto do.

Much better? Not by much at least in terms of YPC rushing and YPA passing. We give up 3.5 points per game more per game which would be more significant if it weren't for the offense (EJ) giving up 17 vs. Jax.

The Jest have looked poor defensively in their last three games so it will be interesting to see if the trend continues.

GO BILLS!!!

They just had a segment on Sports Center about the keys to the game. It's fine if they think the Jets will win but it was full of so much inaccurate info that it was making my head spin

1) the Bills have a sputtering offense that has only scored 17 or fewer points in our 4 wins. Wtf?

2) the Jets have a great secondary that can play man on the Bills receivers and shut them down. Oh really? Last I checked they are starting backups at both safety spots and at one of the CB's.

3)Mark Sclereth said the Bills defense isn't playing well because the DL has to drop back in coverage. Didn't he watch the last game? Or did he just go by what he read in the newspaper last month?

4) the Jets have an overall better team with more talent. Wtf they can't be serious

Just completely idiotic and ignorant. I can't believe they would spread such nonsense to the nation. I have friends from college that live elsewhere that buy into this nonsense and then repeat it to me and I just have to roll my eyes. Nice work ESPN "experts"

Re: your first item, it is true that the Bills haven't won a game where the opponent scored more than 17 points. Perhaps that is the point they were trying to make and they bungled it or worded it poorly, but I didn't see the segment.

Yes it is a serious question, or more like statement.

Sure everything you say is true, but the bottom line is their record is better. Actually you could argue that the Jet's had a backup for every game because the starter was supposed to be Smith. At the end of season if the Jet's make the playoffs and the Bills' don't is everyone going to be crying how unfair it was because we had to play Cincy and they played Cleveland. Along the same line, we play KC, they played the Raiders which this year I'd give us the advantage there, you forgot that point.

Jet's are favorites, granted they are at home, but that does mean most people who aren't wearing rose colored Bills glasses think the Jets will win.

My overall point being, I find it kind of laughable that people would get so worked up time after time about stupid silly things like this. Yes granted his first comment is factual based and wrong, but the rest of the comments are opinions and anyone can find statistics to back up either positions if you want. But all the homers here are outraged!

im not sure if this is a serious question but just in case
1) they played Cleveland, we played Cincy in AFC north
2) they had backup QB for 1 game, we had backup QB for 2

Re: your first item, it is true that the Bills haven't won a game where the opponent scored more than 17 points. Perhaps that is the point they were trying to make and they bungled it or worded it poorly, but I didn't see the segment.

Thanks for the info. This is what they were probably trying to say

Thanks for the info. This is what they were probably trying to say

It's still pretty misleading if they were using it to support the argument that we have a sputtering offense considering we've scored 30 or more in half our games, including a loss where we were missing most of our offensive skill position starters.

its national media- they don't watch...we havent given them a reason to watch. They are almost always inaccurate so i don't really respect their opinions. When we are good they will watch more- Last week the broadcast was incredibly pro dolphins until the 0:45 mark when Dedis ask Idiot Wilcots what about the Bills as a playoff team. Ive watched the game twice nothing else was said. Weigh that versus not knowing what your talking about

Edited by CardinalScotts

Yes it is a serious question, or more like statement.

Sure everything you say is true, but the bottom line is their record is better. Actually you could argue that the Jet's had a backup for every game because the starter was supposed to be Smith. At the end of season if the Jet's make the playoffs and the Bills' don't is everyone going to be crying how unfair it was because we had to play Cincy and they played Cleveland. Along the same line, we play KC, they played the Raiders which this year I'd give us the advantage there, you forgot that point.

Jet's are favorites, granted they are at home, but that does mean most people who aren't wearing rose colored Bills glasses think the Jets will win.

My overall point being, I find it kind of laughable that people would get so worked up time after time about stupid silly things like this. Yes granted his first comment is factual based and wrong, but the rest of the comments are opinions and anyone can find statistics to back up either positions if you want. But all the homers here are outraged!

You asked why they are 5-3 and the Bills 4-4. I answered. I don't know why you think anyone is crying or outraged. The Bills weren't even favored to win when they went there last year when the Jets were 1-6 and the Bills were 5-3. It has nothing to do with that. No one knows which team is better right now. That's why they play the game.

I picked the Jets to win on Monday so don't think I'm a homer. Just telling you that with the AFC north opponents one team played a 2-7 team with their starter and one played an 8-0 team with their backup. That's probably the difference.

Edited by YoloinOhio

I think Mangold is on the shelf as well. There's a simple solution to this, kick the bejeesus out of them tonight.

This is what everyone said when the Pats started a bunch of rookies and undrafted linemen on that OL and they kicked our Ass.

This is what everyone said when the Pats started a bunch of rookies and undrafted linemen on that OL and they kicked our Ass.

They kicked us around because Brady understands that the QB has a much greater effect on the pass rush than the OL.

Fitz understands this as well, but there's two things working against him: (1) he's nowhere near as accurate as Brady, and (2) he has neither the shifty guys with outstanding short-area-quickness like Brady does that can rack up yards after the catch (think Edelman, Amendola, Lewis), nor a totally dominant big-body like Gronk.

Edited by thebandit27

There's one thing you have to remember when listening to Mark Schelereth: he openly hates the Bills. Probably more than any other TV personality (except maybe Chris Collinsworth.)

That, and he's a stakehead. Anything that comes out of his pie-hole is BS, particularly if it's about the Bills.