The Mizzou/Yale/PC/Free Speech Topic

FireChan

i believe a business should be able to deny anyone for anything at any time they want - race, educational level, sexual orientation, religion, hair color, etc.

freedom is freedom.

If your open for business to the public I don't think it's legal to discriminate and risk a hefty lawsuit

Just like when restaurants refused to serve black people.

A dress code like no shoes , no shirt , no service covers everyone.

As a religious rights decision it could have far reaching effects, like Catholic hospitals refusing to do abortions or provide birth control pills under health coverage.

“No law requires religious hospitals and medical personnel to commit abortions against their faith and conscience, and, in fact, federal law directly prohibits the government from engaging in such coercion,” Mr. Theriot said in a press release.
“As we argued in our brief to the court, the ACLU had no standing to bring this suit and demand this kind of government coercion.”

Until recently the military did not allow openly gay to enlist or stay.

Edited by ALF

If your open for business to the public I don't think it's legal to discriminate and risk a hefty lawsuit

As a religious rights decision it could have far reaching effects, like Catholic hospitals refusing to do abortions or provide birth control pills under health coverage.

No law requires religious hospitals and medical personnel to commit abortions against their faith and conscience, and, in fact, federal law directly prohibits the government from engaging in such coercion, Mr. Theriot said in a press release.

As we argued in our brief to the court, the ACLU had no standing to bring this suit and demand this kind of government coercion.

http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2016/apr/11/court-nixes-suit-force-catholic-hospitals-abortion/

yep. But that business should allow itself to choose its own practices. If it is going to enforce policies of hatred than I will not be going there.

I strongly believe that Italian families should not be allowed to eat in restaurants.

And if a chipotle and panera banned white folks I'd be all for it

Same with boost mobile banning all teenagers and Hispanics.

It'd be fun!

yep. But that business should allow itself to choose its own practices. If it is going to enforce policies of hatred than I will not be going there.

I strongly believe that Italian families should not be allowed to eat in restaurants.

And if a chipotle and panera banned white folks I'd be all for it

Same with boost mobile banning all teenagers and Hispanics.

It'd be fun!

The great thing about capitalism, no one is forcing you to buy.... (wait. nevermind)

“No law requires religious hospitals and medical personnel to commit abortions against their faith and conscience, and, in fact, federal law directly prohibits the government from engaging in such coercion,” Mr. Theriot said in a press release.
“As we argued in our brief to the court, the ACLU had no standing to bring this suit and demand this kind of government coercion.”

Wait, wait, wait...

You think restaurants had separate lunch counters and barriers for blacks and whites because the restaurants were in favor of discrimination?

They had them because the law required it.

Wait, wait, wait...

You think restaurants had separate lunch counters and barriers for blacks and whites because the restaurants were in favor of discrimination?

He probably thinks the Union was anti-slavery, too. Let it go.

Atlanta’s ‘rainbow crosswalk’ cost taxpayers HOW MUCH?

Atlanta celebrates Pride by announcing permanent rainbow crosswalk 1f308.png1f60d.pnghttp://huffp.st/ZdPwh1S

The city of Atlanta says the new rainbow crosswalk in Midtown cost $196,000.

rainbowce.79_20170523192815269_8139352_v

cost of paint & labor for 1 crosswalk: $196,000

funds not spent on actually helpful municipal services: $196,000

Propaganda value: Priceless

Edited by B-Man

Wait, wait, wait...

I know about the Jim Crow laws , just a poor example on my part , relax

Better example

Former Airbnb host fined $5,000 for refusing Asian American guest
"It's why we have trump," the host wrote back. "And I will not allow this country to be told what to do by foreigners."
Edited by ALF

I know about the Jim Crow laws , just a poor example on my part , relax

Better example

Former Airbnb host fined $5,000 for refusing Asian American guest

"It's why we have trump," the host wrote back. "And I will not allow this country to be told what to do by foreigners."

http://www.cnn.com/2017/07/14/us/airbnb-host-fine-asian-comment/index.html

You know why he refuses Asian guests? He was tired of his place being tidier when they left than when they checked in.

You know why he refuses Asian guests? He was tired of his place being tidier when they left than when they checked in.

i heard from a friend that all of his childrens math homework would be finished when they returned from weekend outings.

More P.C.

You know, stuff like this makes me wonder why we even bothered to end segregation. It's just so stressful being in an integrated environment where people are different from you:

NYU librarian laments ‘fatigue’ from ‘presence of white people.

If you could send these stories back to 1964, would we even have a Civil Rights Act?

Or would most of America have knocked itself unconscious from the massive face-palming?

Even MORE P.C.

DC Comics Reboots Snagglepuss as ‘Gay, Southern Gothic Playwright.’ exit.png

Heavens to Murgatroyd! Does every cartoon character need to be revamped for “the current year"?

You might be familiar with Snagglepuss, aka America’s favorite pink cartoon mountain lion, from his wacky and family-friendly adventures during his 32-episode series as seen on The Yogi Bear Show since 1961. If you’ve ever wanted to see classic Hanna-Barbara cartoon characters like Wally Gator and Quick Draw McGraw back in the limelight for a new generation to enjoy, take a look at how DC Comics has drastically changed Snagglepuss for his upcoming comic book series that is set to debut this autumn:

More at the link:

Edited by B-Man

Even MORE P.C.

DC Comics Reboots Snagglepuss as Gay, Southern Gothic Playwright. exit.png

Heavens to Murgatroyd! Does every cartoon character need to be revamped for the current year"?

You might be familiar with Snagglepuss, aka Americas favorite pink cartoon mountain lion, from his wacky and family-friendly adventures during his 32-episode series as seen on The Yogi Bear Show since 1961. If youve ever wanted to see classic Hanna-Barbara cartoon characters like Wally Gator and Quick Draw McGraw back in the limelight for a new generation to enjoy, take a look at how DC Comics has drastically changed Snagglepuss for his upcoming comic book series that is set to debut this autumn:

More at the link:

that's gay af

Even MORE P.C.

Heavens to Murgatroyd! Does every cartoon character need to be revamped for “the current year"?

You might be familiar with Snagglepuss, aka America’s favorite pink cartoon mountain lion, from his wacky and family-friendly adventures during his 32-episode series as seen on The Yogi Bear Show since 1961. If you’ve ever wanted to see classic Hanna-Barbara cartoon characters like Wally Gator and Quick Draw McGraw back in the limelight for a new generation to enjoy, take a look at how DC Comics has drastically changed Snagglepuss for his upcoming comic book series that is set to debut this autumn:

More at the link:

Wait a minute. Snagglepuss was straight?

Even MORE P.C.

More at the link:

My reaction to that is less "What the !@#$,, Snagglepuss is gsy?" and more "What the !@#$, Snagglepuss is getting a comic book?"

Wonder if he'll be integrated in to the DCU. Maybe get a cameo in The Flash.

My reaction to that is less "What the !@#$,, Snagglepuss is gsy?" and more "What the !@#$, Snagglepuss is getting a comic book?"

Wonder if he'll be integrated in to the DCU. Maybe get a cameo in The Flash.

What's his mother's name?

Batman may have to kill him.

UC Berkeley BLOCKS Shapiro Event At University On September 14.

On Wednesday, Young America’s Foundation and the Berkeley College Republicans were told by the University of California, Berkeley administration that Berkeley would not facilitate an event by Daily Wire editor-in-chief Ben Shapiro on September 14 on campus. Instead, administrators have informed YAF and BCR that they are
“unable to identify an available campus venue.”

I think what they meant to say is that they are unable to identify a safe campus venue, because the Berkeley administration has taken a sort of wink-and-nod approach to violence against conservatives.