The Mizzou/Yale/PC/Free Speech Topic

FireChan

“Reporter and multimedia editor Andy Ngo was sacked [by his student newspaper, the Portland State Vanguard] for simply tweeting a video of a Muslim student characterizing his religion on an interfaith panel at Portland State University.

In the video an unnamed Muslim student explains how under Islamic Law being a non-believer or infidel is not an option…

Just another example of universities punishing those who dare expose uncomfortable truths.”

Gentlemen, you can’t expose uncomfortable truths here — this is a university!

Reporter and multimedia editor Andy Ngo was sacked [by his student newspaper, the Portland State Vanguard] for simply tweeting a video of a Muslim student characterizing his religion on an interfaith panel at Portland State University.

In the video an unnamed Muslim student explains how under Islamic Law being a non-believer or infidel is not an option

Just another example of universities punishing those who dare expose uncomfortable truths.

Gentlemen, you cant expose uncomfortable truths here this is a university!

So he was fired for doing exactly what a reporter is supposed to do? Report the facts and let the reader interpret them.

She said that my tweets implied the student advocated the killing of atheists.

No that's how she interpreted it. Idiots

Kids will be kids.

Avoid them in this phase at all possible times.

Encourage those in your life who are actually studying and doing their best in real subjects like Chemical Engineering.

Oh Canada....................Loureedtransformer.jpeg

Students Object to Lou Reed’s Hit ‘Walk on the Wild Side’ as ‘Transphobic’

Lou Reed passed away in 2013. At least he’s not here to witness one of his best songs become the newest thing campus snowflakes have deemed problematic.

Students at the University of Guelph in Canada played “Walk on the Wild Side” at a campus event and were ultimately forced to apologize.

Dave Huber reports at The College Fix:

I was wondering if anyone was going to mention the chorus. At least Huber caught it:

"Wait, don’t stop there — nothing about Reed’s use of the term “colored girls”?"

That was my response to this when someone posted it on FB. "Anyone get the response from the Colored Girl contingent?" :rolleyes:

That was my response to this when someone posted it on FB. "Anyone get the response from the Colored Girl contingent?" :rolleyes:

I try to avoid reading the facebook feed. After reading for about 5 or 10 minutes, I always have the urge to put a bullet in my head.

Professor objects to white people being removed from campus for a day, students respond with typical profanity-laced calls for his resignation:

https://heatst.com/culture-wars/student-mob-calls-for-firing-shrieks-at-professor-for-objecting-to-no-whites-day-of-absence/

Well to be fair I'd also call for his resignation.

Nothing to do with his point of view which is 100% spot on. But damn. A college professor dressed as if he's on a vacation beachcombing in the Bahamas. :doh:

Professor objects to white people being removed from campus for a day, students respond with typical profanity-laced calls for his resignation:

https://heatst.com/culture-wars/student-mob-calls-for-firing-shrieks-at-professor-for-objecting-to-no-whites-day-of-absence/

The upside to these videos is they help us to flush out potential employees.

Edited by LABillzFan

YOU MAY NOT BE INTERESTED IN THE GLEICHSCHALTUNG, BUT THE GLEICHSCHALTUNG IS INTERESTED IN YOU:

U.S. Soccer Silent on Whether Religious Players Can Opt Out of Wearing LGBT Jerseys.

https://pjmedia.com/faith/2017/05/26/u-s-soccer-silent-on-whether-religious-players-can-opt-out-of-wearing-lgbt-jerseys/

“Celebrate diversity” morphed into “Conform, proles” so slowly, I hardly even noticed.

What the !@#$ is THAT nonsense??

If you have visited more the the restaurants in the red than the green you have to ask yourself why.

Why? Their food and service are better. They are closer to where we live. They fit our budget. But the color of the ownership? I have never in my life seen or heard of such absolute bull ****. I think it's safe to say that a vast majority of the people that dine out have no idea who owns the restaurant and if they do it has absolutely no bearing on why they eat there. :wallbash:

Where did you find this?

What the !@#$ is THAT nonsense??

If you have visited more the the restaurants in the red than the green you have to ask yourself why.

Why? Their food and service are better. They are closer to where we live. They fit our budget. But the color of the ownership? I have never in my life seen or heard of such absolute bull ****. I think it's safe to say that a vast majority of the people that dine out have no idea who owns the restaurant and if they do it has absolutely no bearing on why they eat there. :wallbash:

Where did you find this?

Well, if I'm not "fitting in" with the rest of the crowd and it's not a cuisine I am going out of my way to pursue, and it doesn't seem safe...

Edited by row_33