The Mizzou/Yale/PC/Free Speech Topic

FireChan

You're a well-known researcher in the fields of psychology and human sexuality.  You've created much of the modern methodology for describing transsexuality.  You openly advocate for public funding of sex reassignment surgery.

You also chaired the sub-group that contributed to the chapter in the DSM V on gender dysphoria.  So you must be silenced.  Your considerable scientific contributions are now forbidden by the narrative:

Edited by DC Tom
  • Thank you (+1) 2

5 hours ago, DC Tom said:

You're a well-known researcher in the fields of psychology and human sexuality.  You've created much of the modern methodology for describing transsexuality.  You openly advocate for public funding of sex reassignment surgery.

You also chaired the sub-group that contributed to the chapter in the DSM V on gender dysphoria.  So you must be silenced.  Your considerable scientific contributions are now forbidden by the narrative:

It's his fault that he can't summarize his findings less than 144 characters.  

We will always have those with mental illness with us.

They deserve our concern and care, but I refuse to participate in their delusions.

Blurred lines: A pregnant man’s tragedy tests gender notions
Associated Press, by Marilyn Marchione

Original Article

When the man arrived at the hospital with severe abdominal pains, a nurse didn’t consider it an emergency, noting that he was obese and had stopped taking blood pressure medicines. In reality, he was pregnant — a transgender man in labor that was about to end in a stillbirth. 

• Like (+1) 1

9 minutes ago, B-Man said:

We will always have those with mental illness with us.

They deserve our concern and care, but I refuse to participate in their delusions.

Blurred lines: A pregnant man’s tragedy tests gender notions
Associated Press, by Marilyn Marchione

Original Article

When the man arrived at the hospital with severe abdominal pains, a nurse didn’t consider it an emergency, noting that he was obese and had stopped taking blood pressure medicines. In reality, he was pregnant — a transgender man in labor that was about to end in a stillbirth. 

"More needs to be done to improve medical awareness and recognition of diversity because “the consequences can be so dire, as this case shows,” Branstetter said."

No, this was not a consequence of not recognizing diversity.  This was a consequence of someone irrationally demanding to be recognized by an identity to the point of being detrimental to their health.  

If you want to be a man, and want people to treat you like a man, in direct conflict with your actual biology, this is the result.  Because reality doesn't give two ***** about your feelings about yourself.

• Like (+1) 6
  • Thank you (+1) 1

12 hours ago, DC Tom said:

"More needs to be done to improve medical awareness and recognition of diversity because “the consequences can be so dire, as this case shows,” Branstetter said."

No, this was not a consequence of not recognizing diversity.  This was a consequence of someone irrationally demanding to be recognized by an identity to the point of being detrimental to their health.  

If you want to be a man, and want people to treat you like a man, in direct conflict with your actual biology, this is the result.  Because reality doesn't give two ***** about your feelings about yourself.

No, read the article.  This was a case of a transgender man coming to the hospital, telling them he was transgender, had not taken hormones for a year, had a positive pregnancy test, and felt like he peed himself.  The nurse ordered another pregnancy test and the patient sat waiting for over 2 hours.

Most pregnant women would have at least been examined and had an echo done to assess a possible state of labor.  Only after a couple hours did he get examined and the cord had come down into the canal and gotten pinched off. Dead baby.

10 hours ago, GaryPinC said:

No, read the article.  This was a case of a transgender man coming to the hospital, telling them he was transgender, had not taken hormones for a year, had a positive pregnancy test, and felt like he peed himself.  The nurse ordered another pregnancy test and the patient sat waiting for over 2 hours.

Most pregnant women would have at least been examined and had an echo done to assess a possible state of labor.  Only after a couple hours did he get examined and the cord had come down into the canal and gotten pinched off. Dead baby.

But he was not a pregnant woman, by his choice.

He should sue, for getting medical tests done that violated his civil rights.  

1 hour ago, DC Tom said:

But he was not a pregnant woman, by his choice.

He should sue, for getting medical tests done that violated his civil rights.  

Really, that's what you know was going on here?  You're an idiot.

16 minutes ago, GaryPinC said:

Really, that's what you know was going on here?  You're an idiot.

No, I just know that's what the solipsistic logic of gender justifies.  There's no such thing as a "pregnant man."  

The man should have been denied any OBGYN care.  It's what he chose.  The outcome was appropriate.

I like to look at a work of art, sadly the last 100 years have demanded I also read a manifesto from 2 to 2,000 pages

i just don’t have the time and doubt the authenticity when I have to enter some verbal maze of bunkum

applies to all kind of areas of life as well

the reality of the world is that it is binary. you're either ?‍♂️ or ?‍♀️, period. feelz aside, nothing is ever going to change that.

Edited by Foxx

48 minutes ago, Foxx said:

the reality of the world is that it is binary. you're either ?‍♂️ or ?‍♀️, period. feelz aside, nothing is ever going to change that.

Have you never met a female who had big balls? How about a male who was a p u s s y?

• Like (+1) 1

5 hours ago, DC Tom said:

No, I just know that's what the solipsistic logic of gender justifies.  There's no such thing as a "pregnant man."  

The man should have been denied any OBGYN care.  It's what he chose.  The outcome was appropriate.

I have a friend who works in the medical field and does a lot of ER work. Says these types of things happen and why people should have their biological gender listed in their medical records. 

13 minutes ago, Chef Jim said:

I have a friend who works in the medical field and does a lot of ER work. Says these types of things happen and why people should have their biological gender listed in their medical records. 

There's no such thing as a "biological gender."  Gender is a social construct.

Hey, these are the rules these people choose to live by.  

39 minutes ago, Chef Jim said:

i've told the stories of my ER friends in Philly who had to deal with a lot of things umm.... inserted and stuck..... and it was a TOTAL SHOCK how that peanut butter jar or 1" bolt got up them....

just a little abdominal pain, can you help me???

Just now, row_33 said:

i've told the stories of my ER friends in Philly who had to deal with a lot of things umm.... inserted and stuck..... and it was a TOTAL SHOCK how that peanut butter jar or 1" bolt got up them....

Yes.  My friend has had the same stories.  Most recently was the 4 hour erection.  She said when she walked in the guy said "it's back"  Yeah, she's hot.  

15 minutes ago, Chef Jim said:

Yes.  My friend has had the same stories.  Most recently was the 4 hour erection.  She said when she walked in the guy said "it's back"  Yeah, she's hot.  

that's okay, walking in with a lightbulb up your behind is another matter, that could break...

wonder if they tried to do this.... but the other end of ya... Happy ***** Hallowe'en Charlie Brown

image.png.618fe5c7f3eb58d6e782fc9efc74c132.png

Edited by row_33

46 minutes ago, row_33 said:

that's okay, walking in with a lightbulb up your behind is another matter, that could break...

wonder if they tried to do this.... but the other end of ya... Happy ***** Hallowe'en Charlie Brown

image.png.618fe5c7f3eb58d6e782fc9efc74c132.png

talk of a prostate is off limits with you but this is okay?

:rolleyes:

Critical Race Theory is destroying our country

American Thinker, by Richard Jack Rail

Original Article

Critical Race Theory holds that American society is irredeemably racist in favor of the white majority. The thinking is that in a racially oppressive society, though you may also have in common with another your sex, your likes or dislikes, your religion, your political ideas, even your disposition, ethnic commonality or skin color matters beyond anything else. For this reason, only someone of your ethnicity can ever really understand you or grasp your deep-down motives for your actions.

More at the link:

The War on History Comes for George Washington

by Jarrett Stepman

Original Article

They finally came for George Washington. The perpetual war on history now has the father of our country in its sights as the San Francisco Board of Education considers removing a mural of Washington from a local school. If the board succeeds in politicizing Washington, whose legacy was once so secured and uniting that his home at Mount Vernon was considered neutral ground during the Civil War, then we have clearly crossed the Rubicon of social division. 

LEFTISTS ALWAYS WANT TO SILENCE THEIR CLASS ENEMIES. ONLY THE EXCUSES AND METHODS CHANGE. 

To Fight ‘Extremism,’ Journalists Are Praising Online Censorship.

WASHINGTON POST WRITER SEES JUSTICE IN INJURY TO FOOTBALL PLAYER

There’s a disconnect between how leftists view the treatment of African-Americans by our criminal justice system and how they seem to want athletes who have brushes with the law to be treated. Consider the case of Reuben Foster.

Foster, a linebacker who starred at the University of Alabama, was drafted in the first round by the San Francisco 49ers a few years ago. As a pro, he has had his moments but on the whole hasn’t lived up to expectations. He’s also had off-the-field issues, including misdemeanor gun and marijuana charges.

In addition, his girlfriend accused Foster of assaulting her. However, she recanted.

Then, late last year, the same woman, now an ex-girlfriend, again accused Foster of assault. The 49ers promptly released him.

Almost as promptly, the Washington Redskins claimed Foster. They said they had reason to believe he was innocent. In addition, Redskins who played with Foster at Alabama vouched for his character.

However, the Redskins made Foster’s ability to take the field for the team conditional, pending the outcome of the criminal investigation and the NFL’s investigation, plus the Redskins view of how he conducted himself in the meantime. The team was clear that if Foster actually did assault the woman, he wouldn’t play for the team. However, as I understand it, he was allowed to come to the Redskins’ practice facility while the matter was sorted out.

Law enforcement did not charge Foster and the NFL cleared him of wrongdoing. Finding no problem with Foster’s post-acquisition behavior, the Redskins activated him and he reported for voluntary workouts with the team this week.

But on the third play of the team’s first 11 on 11 drill, a non-contact affair, Foster tore his ACL. It looks like he will be out for the season.

Barry Svrluga, a sports columnist for the Washington Post, seems pleased. He views Foster’s injury as “karma” — the Redskins’ just desert for employing Foster. He adds that “no one thinks a player deserves an injury,” but doesn’t seem fully convinced even of that. “The mind wanders and wonders,” he says.

I wonder how one can square Svrluga’s attitude towards the Redskins acquisition of Foster, an attitude shared by the liberal sports commentariat, with liberal disdain for how the criminal justice system treats African-Americans. Liberals complain about the rate at which Blacks are incarcerated, about the stiff sentences they receive, and about their inability to find jobs once they get out of prison. They favor the early release of prisoners and insist that once released, their criminal past not be held against them. They are all about giving criminals “a second chance.”

But none of this thinking seems to permeate the discussion of Reuben Foster, who is Black. Commentators like Svrluga condemn the Redskins for employing Foster following the 2018 allegation of domestic violence despite the fact that he was never criminally charged in connection with the incident and despite the fact that Foster’s employment was conditioned on him not being charged and not found by the NFL to have engaged in wrongdoing.

Apparently, liberals favor not letting Foster inside a football team’s facility unless and until his innocence is established. Never mind that the accuser has already once recanted a similar charge. Foster should be presumed guilty and denied the opportunity to work at his profession until he is proven innocent.

That position is too illiberal even for me.

More at the link:

.https://www.powerlineblog.com/archives/2019/05/washington-post-writer-sees-justice-in-injury-to-football-player.php

ROGER KIMBALL: Restoring The Lost Consensus.

Looking around the cultural landscape today, I conclude that we are in the midst of a sort of negative religious revival: let’s call it America’s First Great Awokening.

Evidence of our society’s wokeness—a false awakening sparked by political grievance—is all around. I’d like to begin with what the philosopher Nicholas of Cusa called the “coincidence of opposites.” Unpacking exactly what Cusa meant by that arresting phrase would take us into the thickets of metaphysical speculation. But we see pedestrian examples of that strange coincidence everywhere. Indeed, one of the great tests of our wokeness is the extent to which many things have mutated into their opposites—not awake but awoke. Inversion is a dominant principle of our social life.

Consider, to take just one example, the fate of our colleges and universities. Once upon a time, and it was not so long ago, they were institutions dedicated to the pursuit of truth and the transmission of the highest values of our civilization. Today, most are dedicated to the repudiation of truth and the subversion of those values. In short, they are laboratories for the cultivation of wokeness. This is especially true, with only a handful of exceptions, of the most prestigious institutions. The tonier and more expensive the college, the more woke it is likely to be.

There are two central tenets of the woke philosophy. The first is feigned fragility. The second is angry intolerance. The union of fragility and intolerance has given us that curious and malevolent hybrid, the crybully, a delicate yet venomous species that thrives chiefly in lush, pampered environments.

Read the whole thing.

54 minutes ago, B-Man said:

Looking around the cultural landscape today, I conclude that we are in the midst of a sort of negative religious revival: let’s call it America’s First Great Awokening.

Evidence of our society’s wokeness—a false awakening sparked by political grievance—is all around. I’d like to begin with what the philosopher Nicholas of Cusa called the “coincidence of opposites.” Unpacking exactly what Cusa meant by that arresting phrase would take us into the thickets of metaphysical speculation. But we see pedestrian examples of that strange coincidence everywhere. Indeed, one of the great tests of our wokeness is the extent to which many things have mutated into their opposites—not awake but awoke. Inversion is a dominant principle of our social life.

Consider, to take just one example, the fate of our colleges and universities. Once upon a time, and it was not so long ago, they were institutions dedicated to the pursuit of truth and the transmission of the highest values of our civilization. Today, most are dedicated to the repudiation of truth and the subversion of those values. In short, they are laboratories for the cultivation of wokeness. This is especially true, with only a handful of exceptions, of the most prestigious institutions. The tonier and more expensive the college, the more woke it is likely to be.

There are two central tenets of the woke philosophy. The first is feigned fragility. The second is angry intolerance. The union of fragility and intolerance has given us that curious and malevolent hybrid, the crybully, a delicate yet venomous species that thrives chiefly in lush, pampered environments.

Read the whole thing.

I would hereby like to posit what should be known as "DC Tom's Second Axiom:" nothing worth reading has ever been written that includes the phrase "eighteenth-century German aphorist G. C. Lichtenberg."  

I would also like to suggest the Paradox of G.C. Lichtenberg: DC Tom's Second Axiom is self-referentially true.

14 minutes ago, DC Tom said:

I would hereby like to posit what should be known as "DC Tom's Second Axiom:" nothing worth reading has ever been written that includes the phrase "eighteenth-century German aphorist G. C. Lichtenberg."  

I would also like to suggest the Paradox of G.C. Lichtenberg: DC Tom's Second Axiom is self-referentially true.

it wasn't just that field that was ruined in the 18th century?

(noted)

2 hours ago, B-Man said:

Read the whole thing.

Crybully, I like it.

• Like (+1) 1

Having Siri, Google Assistant & other intelligent assistants female by default is sexist, says UN.

I guess the UN has to find something to do, having secured world peace and all.

Edited by B-Man
  • Like (+1) 2