11-10: Doug Whaley on WGR

26CornerBlitz

Whaley should not be allowed to use words longer than two syllables. I honestly feel sorry for him as I listen to him butcher the English language.

For a person with a position of that level, he is one of the worst speakers I have ever heard.

Heard it this morning live.

The most interesting take away for me is that he's going to the Wake Forest/Notre Dame game this weekend.

Any ideas or guesses on specifically who he's scouting??

I'd say Jaylon Smith and Ronnie Stanley for sure. Also probably taking a long look at Sheldon Day, whose versatility makes him a perfect fit for a Rex Ryan defensive lineman (plays inside at DT, and outside at end, and also has been very comfortable dropping out into coverage)

I'd say Jaylon Smith and Ronnie Stanley for sure. Also probably taking a long look at Sheldon Day, whose versatility makes him a perfect fit for a Rex Ryan defensive lineman (plays inside at DT, and outside at end, and also has been very comfortable dropping out into coverage)

Awesome, thanks for the names! I'll have to do some research now since I dont really follow either team.I know Sheldon Day, but havent watched enough ND to remember Smith or Stanley.

Bravo everyone. Ripping a guy for speech issues. Bravo.

Maybe we can go after Sammy next for spending time with his kid.

Im trying to bring some substance, but it seems folks have a real hard on to bash Whaley as much as possible lately.

Awesome, thanks for the names! I'll have to do some research now since I dont really follow either team.I know Sheldon Day, but havent watched enough ND to remember Smith or Stanley.

Im trying to bring some substance, but it seems folks have a real hard on to bash Whaley as much as possible lately.

Sheldon Day is very good. probably a late first. 2nd rd pick.

You're very welcome.

Smith is one of the best linebackers in the country, and would instantly improve just about any NFL defense. Stanley has been projected as a very high first rounder at offensive tackle (I've seen him projected as high as #2 over all)

Just listened to the first 4.5 minutes. He sounds perfectly fine. I have no idea what people are talking about with regard to his public speaking.

I dont either. Especially considering he's on at 8:30am, and is winging his answers.

Dan Bylsma was on before Whaley, and sounded even worse. Let's all knock him too.

:rolleyes:

While I do think neither of them is very good at public speaking I do think in both cases they are very intelligent and know what they are doing. Speaking just isn't there thing. Personally would rather have that than the opposite guy who speaks great and knows nothing i.e. a snake oil salesman.

Pegula is a horrid speaker, and like Whaley, not particularly bright.

There making millions (Billions in Terry's case) would say otherwise.....

Whaley doesn't inspire confidence in his public speaking skills but I'm fairly happy with the players he drafts.

Who the hell cares what he sounds like. I have no issues at all.. You're just anal

The takeaway is that our GM is a friggin' numbskull. That's as informative as anything else you'll read.

He is no such thing. One of the best GMs thew franchise has had.

Pegula is a horrid speaker, and like Whaley, not particularly bright.

Now thats funny. I'm sure a man who has made Billions really doesn't need to appease you as a speaker.. Too funny.. Something seriously wrong with this trio

We hate Rex because he's a talker. We hate Whaley because he's not a talker.

There's one common theme here.

People like to complain. If you want to see someone not good at public speaking see the 49ers head coach. Whaley seems like a smart guy that is trying to strike a balance between candor and coverup. Unlike Nix, he doesn't want to show his hand and that probably causes him to process things before speaking and why he doesn't sound as natural.

People like to complain. If you want to see someone not good at public speaking see the 49ers head coach. Whaley seems like a smart guy that is trying to strike a balance between candor and coverup. Unlike Nix, he doesn't want to show his hand and that probably causes him to process things before speaking and why he doesn't sound as natural.

This is precisely true. You can see him hedging before he talks a lot of times. He's a little too politically correct and not giving stuff away to the public, but he's very smart.

lol you know it's keivarae Russell. CB love!!!

There is a group, just like the group who went after Sammy last week, that you don't want to be associated with. They are called miserable people who can only see the negative in anything and everything. The rest of us know one when we see/hear them.

Just listened to the Whaley interview. The critiques are nothing sort of astonishing.

Just listened to the Whaley interview. The critiques are nothing sort of astonishing.

agreed. It's sad.

Holy crap, a majority of this thread is criticizing the GM on a half-assed interview on a local radio station at 8:30am.

Has anyone ever listened to the speeches from the president of this country? He reads them off a telepromter that are rehearsed several times and that clown sounds worse than that spagnola idiot.

You people really need some perspective.

this