Syracuse Basketball 2015-2016

inkman

I'm surprised UNC fans were so disengaged, being the SU fan I am, while I was hoping, I really did not see that game getting too close mid-way through the first half. SU just seemed pretty 'blah' all game

It was hard to estimate what the percentages were with so many lingering Nova fans and a few masochistic Oklahoma fans still in attendance but I'd have to guess it was higher than 60-40 in favor of Cuse. The UNC fans still seemed tense until under the 2 min mark. The celebration didn't really start until a minute in change left. The better team won, but there were stretches where I really thought we were going to see an encore of the UVA game.

Edited by The Poojer

• Replies 829
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm surprised UNC fans were so disengaged, being the SU fan I am, while I was hoping, I really did not see that game getting too close mid-way through the first half. SU just seemed pretty 'blah' all game

They went nuts once it was obvious that a miracle wasn't happening. I was surprised to see that the UNC presence was by far the smallest of all the out of town fans. My area of town turned into a SU and Oklahoma class reunion. Nova fans all congregated at the bar next door. UNC fans were scarce.

Great game, congrats to Nova, but I did feel the refs played too much of a role. Really wish the Heels would have guarded that last inbounds pass.

Refs were brutal. That last bailout call for nova guard vs hicks was the kiss of death.

Paige double clutch 3 goes to waste. What a game

That Jenkins kid for nova was hitting everything. I knew that shot was cash the second he let it go.

The foul on the Meeks dive killed me too, what a nice hustle play from the big man. Congrats to Nova would love to see these 2 teams play a series.

Edited by Ryan L Billz

Refs were brutal. That last bailout call for nova guard vs hicks was the kiss of death.

Paige double clutch 3 goes to waste. What a game

That Jenkins kid for nova was hitting everything. I knew that shot was cash the second he let it go.

The foul on the Meeks dive killed me too, what a nice hustle play from the big man. Congrats to Nova would love to see these 2 teams play a series.

I really hate blaming refs, because if the Heels just guard differently on that last play the game goes to OT and who knows what would have happened.

BUT...what of the 1/2-dozen or so non-calls on blatant Nova traveling in the 1st half? They were walking all over the place. 8 straight foul calls against Carolina? Come on.

Never seen a team hit so many clutch, end-of-the-shot-clock buckets as Nova. Every freaking time. The Heels weren't playing bad D.

I'm too close to it to be able to appreciate the greatness of the game just yet...feels too raw right now.

I really hate blaming refs, because if the Heels just guard differently on that last play the game goes to OT and who knows what would have happened.

BUT...what of the 1/2-dozen or so non-calls on blatant Nova traveling in the 1st half? They were walking all over the place. 8 straight foul calls against Carolina? Come on.

Never seen a team hit so many clutch, end-of-the-shot-clock buckets as Nova. Every freaking time. The Heels weren't playing bad D.

I'm too close to it to be able to appreciate the greatness of the game just yet...feels too raw right now.

Got to agree with this. Seemed like the refs were very one sided towards the cats for most of the game. Couple travels they let go & I thought Page got hacked a few times when he went to the rack with no calls. Still if they defend better on that last shot & play defense a bit differently they go to overtime, where I would have to say they would probably come out on top since they would of had all the momentum from the unbelievable shot to tie the game. & yes I am a bit bias because I had money on UNC last night.

I'm not a conspiracy theorist, but there are plenty of folks who believed the NCAA would rather not have a program under investigation win arguably their biggest championship (or at worst, 2nd behind football).

I'm not a conspiracy theorist, but there are plenty of folks who believed the NCAA would rather not have a program under investigation win arguably their biggest championship (or at worst, 2nd behind football).

It sure seemed like that for most of the game. The call against meeks diving for the lose ball was ridiculous at best & down right criminal at worse. No way you make a call like that in a championship game.

The writing has been on the wall since January. I wish the kid the best. He handled the situation with class and dignity, and from what I have heard was a great teammate throughout.

yes-- complete class act.

I was actually hoping he stuck around. If MR leaves, I saw Kaleb maybe getting more minutes next year. I don't think JB is ready to play Howard for 30 minutes per game yet, and you never know about freshmen.

yes-- complete class act.

I was actually hoping he stuck around. If MR leaves, I saw Kaleb maybe getting more minutes next year. I don't think JB is ready to play Howard for 30 minutes per game yet, and you never know about freshmen.

Tyus Battle is the truth. Also, I heard that Cuse has a very good chance at landing Columbia junior transfer SG Grant Mullins. He is eligible to play immediately, and shot 45% from 3 point range last season.

Someone didn't watch the game.

no. Adult swim was much better.

But I don't have to in order to know that UNC fans cry and whine a lot. I went to a UNC game once against Kent state. It was a blow out. The UNC fans were so uphauling in their treatment of Kent state and Ohio fans it was pathetic.

:wacko::blink:

But I don't have to in order to know that UNC fans cry and whine a lot. I went to a UNC game once against Kent state. It was a blow out. The UNC fans were so uphauling in their treatment of Kent state and Ohio fans it was pathetic.

:huh:

Was a great game, gotta watch the replay

I'll let you get back to Duke Basketball where tripping folks and berating opposing teams players is the play, I know where you stand.

Let's all say goodbye to Ingram while we are here :)

Was a great game, gotta watch the replay

I'll let you get back to Duke Basketball where tripping folks and berating opposing teams players is the play, I know where you stand.

Let's all say goodbye to Ingram while we are here :)

i've actually got tired of rooting for duke, too much drama this season. its hard er and harder to deal with the ncaa 1 year wonder basketball.

Wow, the womans team is getting demolished. UCONN is about to win their 4th championship in a row and their coach is about to pass John Wooden for most division 1 championships.

I tried watching for 10 minutes, and it was pretty obvious what was going to happen. That one woman on Uconn (Stewart) is insane.

Typical reaction from an ABCer. The bottom line is that fans of all teams complain about officiating, and yes, some fans complain more than others.

The officiating Monday night was pretty poor, and pretty heavily slanted in favor of Villanova. Don't ask me, ask neutral fans.

Villanova made their shots and played a hell of a game; that doesn't mean I'm wrong when I opine that it appeared the Heels were playing two opponents.

i've actually got tired of rooting for duke, too much drama this season. its hard er and harder to deal with the ncaa 1 year wonder basketball.

You obviously did not pay attention to the national championship game. That game from both teams was filled with upperclassmen sticking around past one year.

You obviously did not pay attention to the national championship game. That game from both teams was filled with upperclassmen sticking around past one year.

yes. That's my point. If Kansas. Kentucky. Louisville. Duke. UNC. DeVry. Michigan State. Etc etc. Had their upper class man would you have seen such miserable performances in the tourney? I watched through the final four. I couldn't believe how watered down everything was. Its sad

yes. That's my point. If Kansas. Kentucky. Louisville. Duke. UNC. DeVry. Michigan State. Etc etc. Had their upper class man would you have seen such miserable performances in the tourney? I watched through the final four. I couldn't believe how watered down everything was. Its sad

Waaaaaah.

The tourney was pretty pretty good. The MSU loss, Cuse run, Seniors of NOVA and Carolina was all good stuff.

Haven't heard this and quite frankly I don't agree at all. I don't think the reffing was egregious at all. There were a couple of questionable calls as there are in every game. Just going through Cuse I can think of 2 early fouls that clearly weren't (Malachi's strip that gave him foul #2) against UNC, the call on the Cooney steal against Gonzaga, and it goes on. There are calls in every basketball game on every level that could be wrong. Never once did I feel that they interjected themselves in the game.

Typical reaction from an ABCer. The bottom line is that fans of all teams complain about officiating, and yes, some fans complain more than others.

The officiating Monday night was pretty poor, and pretty heavily slanted in favor of Villanova. Don't ask me, ask neutral fans.

Villanova made their shots and played a hell of a game; that doesn't mean I'm wrong when I opine that it appeared the Heels were playing two opponents.

Neutral fan here and I disagree lol. Seeing a UNC fan complain about officiating is like looking at a Pats* fan complain about it. Things go in UNC's favor way more than the other way. This was a great game by both teams. It shouldn't be sullied with complaints and accusations of impropriety. UNC dominated throughout the tourney and looked excellent but they had a pretty easy road to the Championship game. They played in order a 16, 9, 6, 10 seed. Nova was by far the best team they played against. They were met with a very tough challenge for the first time in the tourney and got beat in one of the best NC games in recent history. No shame in that.

Haven't heard this and quite frankly I don't agree at all. I don't think the reffing was egregious at all. There were a couple of questionable calls as there are in every game. Just going through Cuse I can think of 2 early fouls that clearly weren't (Malachi's strip that gave him foul #2) against UNC, the call on the Cooney steal against Gonzaga, and it goes on. There are calls in every basketball game on every level that could be wrong. Never once did I feel that they interjected themselves in the game.

Neutral fan here and I disagree lol. Seeing a UNC fan complain about officiating is like looking at a Pats* fan complain about it. Things go in UNC's favor way more than the other way. This was a great game by both teams. It shouldn't be sullied with complaints and accusations of impropriety. UNC dominated throughout the tourney and looked excellent but they had a pretty easy road to the Championship game. They played in order a 16, 9, 6, 10 seed. Nova was by far the best team they played against. They were met with a very tough challenge for the first time in the tourney and got beat in one of the best NC games in recent history. No shame in that.

never attend a UNC game in chapel hill its amazing they let refs leave after they lose. I swear they are rabid fans in a bad way.

They blew out Kent state and they wanted the pg from Kent ejected because he had an accidental rough foul against pretty girl haynesborough. It was clearly an accident. All you heard all game was people botching he wasn't ejected. And even after. It was... sad. Poor losers. Poor winners.

Duke lives up to their rep. rich bratty idealogues. NC state is a lot more fun to watch.