Syracuse Basketball 2015-2016

inkman

I didn't have sound for the game, why was Cooney on the bench? he was 3-5 from 3 at that point. I was more upset at Lydon, Roberson & Richardson as they weren't doing jack **** in the first half. Granted Cooney was on the bench and they came all the way back, so I don't see Boeheim sticking it to the fans like that. Bottom line, he shouldn't have taken a 3, he or someone else should have driven to the basket.

They needed a ball handler on the court, and neither Cooney or G are good ball handlers/distributors. I think Howard should have been seeing much more PT all season long. It's ironic, however, how Howard's turn over at the end all but sealed it for Pitt. This team doesn't belong in the NCAA's.

• Replies 829
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

oh i have no problem with Howard being in there, if he had any sort of demonstrated offense, he would have taken the heat off Malachai Silent G and Tyler Lydon, he made more good plays than bad, unfortunately the bad play came at a very bad time

I had to stop watching a few times because dumb work got in the way. I guess he made a couple mistakes and Howard presented a bad matchup for Pitt that they wanted to take advantage of.

oh i have no problem with Howard being in there, if he had any sort of demonstrated offense, he would have taken the heat off Malachai Silent G and Tyler Lydon, he made more good plays than bad, unfortunately the bad play came at a very bad time

Yeah. Awful timing for his worst play.

Agreed. Really sloppy.

I can recall zero times this year when this team made a key play late when the game is on the line. In fact, it is the opposite-- they make critical mistakes or miss GW shots in the clutch. They are anti-clutch, especially G, cooney, and Malachi. Just aren't big time players.

I am not saying this out of anger or frustration. They just can't, as a matter of fact, make big plays (maybe Malachi grows in this regard?).

In any event, I am just going through the motions watching this team. Not a really fun team to watch, and I expect early tourney exits.

And was I right, or what?

This team is incapable of winning a close game.

Anti-clutch.

How are you guys looking for next year? The NCAAs are back in Buffalo, and the last two times it was really great having SU here.

If Malachi and Lydon return, which looks much more likely now, Cuse should be a real contender with the new guys coming in.

If Malachi and Lydon return, which looks much more likely now, Cuse should be a real contender with the new guys coming in.

I am excited to see Howard run the point too. He strikes me as going to be a great 4-year player for us.

Plus, I think DC is coming back too.

Only big loss will be G. Kinda glad to bid farewell to Cooney.

I am excited to see Howard run the point too. He strikes me as going to be a great 4-year player for us.

Plus, I think DC is coming back too.

Only big loss will be G. Kinda glad to bid farewell to Cooney.

Agree on all of that. It'll be great that Lydon can play his natural position almost exclusively.

imagine if Ennis and MCW were here and a lot of the players could have played their proper roies. thankfully Silent G learned to play point...those 2 and Diagne, talk about depth all over the court...yikes. <EVERYTHING ELSE REMAINING AS IT IS>

ehhh...i guess MCW would have left last year as a senior...still having ennis at point would have been awesome

Edited by The Poojer

I agree. I often wonder in scenarios like this where it looks like you probably have a one and done squad, is an NIT berth better if you have a long run?

I'd just assume skip the NIT. What a disgrace. I'm seeing a few projected brackets that has Cuse as an 11 seed playing Michigan in a play-in game. I just don't see it.