Syracuse Basketball 2015-2016

inkman

It's almost a must-win for Carolina. Lose at home to an outmanned Dook squad and their postseason hopes take a serious hit. I'm counting on them coming out and getting the job done. Their win vs. Pitt on Sunday was one of their best performances of the season.

You thinking that losing the #1 seed would be that big of a blow?

• Replies 829
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Barring a major season ending collapse and an early ACC tourney departure, I think Syracuse is pretty safely off the bubble and in the NCAA's.

They need to win 3 of 5 and at least 1 ACC tourney win to make me feel safe.

You thinking that losing the #1 seed would be that big of a blow?

They're a legit title contender; can't lose the biggest game of the season at home. It's an odd team; they need to build confidence going into postseason.

Lydon looked very clumsy out there today, it wasn't a good showing. Thank goodness we had Cooney last night. Silent G with 3 easy misses, Frankie Howard not being an offensive threat really hurts us out there.

Clumsy is a perfect way to describe Lydon's game last night. A lot of the guys played frantic. I'm not sure of Howard's scoring ability, because I think he's been neutered a little by Boeheim. Every time he shoots he gets yanked. It's not confidence inspiring when he's out there and wants to stay in the game.

Bring back Matt Doherty! I liked him.

Didn't see 2nd half, was at "artsy fartsy" bar when they don't do sports.

Guess that Ingram kid took it to the heels. The next Duke one and done'r.

The only reason Ingram isn't wearing light blue is because he knows Roy doesn't take one-and-done players. I can't blame the kid, though -- apparently his family is dirt poor.

In the 2nd half Ingram played well but the Heels self-destructed and I can't believe the lack of adjustments Roy made. Duke went to a zone to befuddle Brice Johnson, the Heels couldn't solve it, and they shot horribly from outside. And then, Roy didn't call a timeout to set up the last possession.

and let's not diminish how awesome Onauku(sp?) was last night...holy crap

Onuaku is a beast. Pretty tough to defend against the guy with Tyler Lydon who drew him for most of the game. I was hoping this game would be a good measuring stick for Coleman's progress, but I guess he just isn't ready for whatever reason. The freshmen looked like freshmen, and Howard played significant minutes without much offense (I also think JB has him on a leash). It has been a good run, but I think this team was due for a down game, and Don Pitino know how to play Syracuse. Tough game to watch.

The only reason Ingram isn't wearing light blue is because he knows Roy doesn't take one-and-done players. I can't blame the kid, though -- apparently his family is dirt poor.

In the 2nd half Ingram played well but the Heels self-destructed and I can't believe the lack of adjustments Roy made. Duke went to a zone to befuddle Brice Johnson, the Heels couldn't solve it, and they shot horribly from outside. And then, Roy didn't call a timeout to set up the last possession.

I love the fact that the last 3 minutes of the game took about 4 and half minutes, instead of the usual 20. There were 5 timeouts total left at the end of that game! But I think Roy had the right idea not calling timeout. If you watch him, he is waiving to the point guard to attack as soon as he crossed half court with about 15 seconds on the clock, That was his whole press conference point in saying attack them when they are still getting into defensive position. Unfortunately for UNC, they didn't attack the basket right away and Duke set up and played great D. Sometimes those types of losses make a team stronger, definitely a learning experience.

Edited by ricojes

I love the fact that the last 3 minutes of the game took about 4 and half minutes, instead of the usual 20. There were 5 timeouts total left at the end of that game! But I think Roy had the right idea not calling timeout. If you watch him, he is waiving to the point guard to attack as soon as he crossed half court with about 15 seconds on the clock, That was his whole press conference point in saying attack them when they are still getting into defensive position. Unfortunately for UNC, they didn't attack the basket right away and Duke set up and played great D. Sometimes those types of losses make a team stronger, definitely a learning experience.

I agree with what you're saying IF the Heels had been playing good offense at that point, but they had been having so much difficulty in the closing minutes that taking a timeout to let everyone regroup and draw up a play would have been the thing to do (in my opinion).

We'll see what happens to Carolina going forward. I just don't trust Roy.

Boeheim's comments were inappropriate and stupid, but I can understand why he is not playing Roberson. JB wants him to attack the hoop and he just has not been aggressive enough. I have been very frustrated watching Roberson since the Duke game because I know he is capable of so much more offensively. Not having him out there is killing us, and in order to justify playing time he needs to put points on the board (at least attack the basket and draw fouls).

Boeheim's comments were inappropriate and stupid, but I can understand why he is not playing Roberson. JB wants him to attack the hoop and he just has not been aggressive enough. I have been very frustrated watching Roberson since the Duke game because I know he is capable of so much more offensively. Not having him out there is killing us, and in order to justify playing time he needs to put points on the board (at least attack the basket and draw fouls).

I agree with this, and I understand Boeheim's frustration, I just didn't like how he attacked him publicly like that. The only time this season I can remember any coach doing the same as when Bill Self called out Brannen Greene because he made a classless dunk when Kansas was running the clock out against K State. It was just poor form.

I agree with this, and I understand Boeheim's frustration, I just didn't like how he attacked him publicly like that. The only time this season I can remember any coach doing the same as when Bill Self called out Brannen Greene because he made a classless dunk when Kansas was running the clock out against K State. It was just poor form.

Agreed 100%

I've seen JB go after the media and other coaches, but I have never seen him so blatantly attack one of his players. That conversation should take place behind closed doors (and probably already has).